Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter The Legends of Eisenwald Thread

Gord

Arcane
Having the ability to dismount helps in that fight, I guess, although I wonder how many players will have a witch considering that they don't go along well with the pious characters (I'd really like to see other "evil" spellcasters available to the player).
I'm nowhere near an expert in the game, but maybe it would be enough to reduce the amount of knights a bit and replace them with strong infantry. It would still be challenging, but require less metagaming (running for the tower) or specific character types.
Alternatively, did you consider giving e.g. the pikemen a bonus against cavalry?

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
In the present state I dislike cavalry, it's way too powerful despite nerfing it several times. It seems fun but playing with cavalry is a bit dull to my taste. So yes, we are considering changing it somehow but it's not just giving pikemen bonus against them, maybe something else too. We have to look at the whole picture. I am not promising any fast solutions here but that's definitely something we have to look at. We heard this criticism even from players who like the game a lot and keep playing after hundreds of hours.

On the other hand, mystic these days is kind of over powered too. Giving him an ability to summon a spirit seems a bit too much, but this one is a lesser problem, since many find hard to play with mystic from the start.

That's both are the reasons I play mostly with baroness and at most one mounted unit in my army. Baroness is better balanced to my taste and harder to play which is nice :) Almost every other battle in Windfeld is huge tactical challenge and that's what I am looking for in our game. Check out our thread on Steam with those tactical battle, might be fun...

Luka-boy

Arcane
I have a question for our resident dev. What exactly determines an enemy force's morale breaking point and makes them surrender/flee?

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
When they are greatly outnumbered, I think 4 times the strength calculated by AI. With a few exceptions - undead don't give up or flee, and enemy leaders often fight to the bitter end too :)

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Physical rewards - shipping begins
Posted by Aterdux Entertainment
After quite a bit of struggle with the suppliers physical rewards shipping finally begins! We sent out Limited Edition boxes and signed posters to everyone. Hopefully they will arrive the next week or shortly after. Here are a few pictures to show how the packing process looked:

39a9f4706823ff4512b255011c0b6816_original.jpg

fa00f343fa451a00a423563d66bbc536_original.jpg

:yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah:

We will ship the other rewards a bit later as the signed edition boxes are still not finished. The process of making a complex box turned out to be longer as they first had to produce the special form to make a box, and it seems it will be done this coming week.

:rage::rage::rage::rage:

New game promo art

We changed our game promo art to this, hope you like it!

4aa39319fdbe3b139743e51d88a85495_original.png

Our best,

All of us at Aterdux

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
Had we sent you the box they did for you the first time, mindx2, you certainly wouldn't be happy - as it was rather cheap and badly made. Holding our fingers crossed for this one! The prototype wasn't too bad but it was made with paper not with the final stuff. I want to do it faster but not at the expense of the quality. Sorry for the delay and please some more patience :)

Gord

Arcane
Just finished the game (took a little while longer due to vacations).
Very nice experience, can definitely recommend it to people that liked HoMM or Disciples and the likes.

In particular I liked the way the various rumors and stories you get to hear in taverns where integrated with various open and hidden side quests (I think I missed several).
The general backstory was good, but maybe got a bit convoluted at times - it might have contributed however that I had taken a break from playing it due to vacations, which meant that I had confused a few details about the story and the characters.
The C&C when it came to various quests and obstacles was pretty cool.
Next time I play the campaign I'll definitely check out a different route through the story.

Gameplay-wise I would have liked to see a bigger influence of the different (melee) soldier types on the combat scenarios.
Playing on normal I also encountered very few difficult battles, which is probably due to the fact that it is usually possible to avoid difficult fights until you have accumulated better troops, equipment and more experience - with a full party of mid-to-high-level characters most battles become quite easy and somewhat similar in the way they play out. In that respect Aterdux Entertainment could try to giver players more incentive to test out different party compositions and/or tactics (which would further benefit from a stronger differentiation between the different types of troops) in future scenarios.
Still, overall I liked the combat and it's nice to see a different approach to combat mechanics once in a while.

Last edited:

rvm1975

Educated
Really enjoyed storyline from the game. Even side missions from taverns have solid background and some plot.

And all is about path of revenge ...

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
Box editions are almost on the way :) After learning what happened to some of the other editions, we decided to make a better packing for these boxes. Overall, about 10 limited editions that we sent were destroyed in the process of delivery. We have replacements but for this more valuable boxes I'd rather put some more protection...

mindx2

Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
midnx2, boxes are out! I hope they arrive safe. I will send out tracking numbers tomorrow.
:yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah:

I'm very excited to receive it and it's just that much more special because I've met and was able to talk with you and share our enthusiasm for computer games. Thank you again for that opportunity and I wish you success in your future endeavors. :salute:

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Anyone can list endings for game?

I know three of them: throne, revenge and neutral.

For revenge you fight statue, for neutrality you fight wizard and for throne butcher? Am i right?

Straight elf

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
The game had been on my wishlist for a while, I was waiting for a sale. However, I just bought the game at the full price to encourage the devs to continue making this sort of games, rather than going for dumbed down shite the mainstream is spewing these days. I can understand it must feel terrible to pour your heart into your game and then see it selling badly, however even Paradox needed several releases before they managed to establish sufficient following to become financially stable.

mindx2

Patron
The game had been on my wishlist for a while, I was waiting for a sale. However, I just bought the game at the full price to encourage the devs to continue making this sort of games, rather than going for dumbed down shite the mainstream is spewing these days. I can understand it must feel terrible to pour your heart into your game and then see it selling badly, however even Paradox needed several releases before they managed to establish sufficient following to become financially stable.
Wish there were more of you but apparently LoE didn't do as well financially as hoped. Doesn't mean word of mouth can't make it successful over the long term but...

Gord

Arcane
I'm quite sure that many codexers (some edgy shitposters very demanding ones aside) would enjoy your game a lot if they just tried it.
Not really sure why it flew below most people's radar.

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
People are lazy and read the reviews or lack thereof so they don't play. That's fine. I used to be puzzled by critics reaction to our game - despite liking it many of them found minor things to criticize. But by now I got used to that and made my list of sites to never contact :) The weirdest example was the Czech site that gave us 5 out of 10 and wanted to collaborate with us more saying they really liked our game. I tried to explain that liking and giving such a score somehow doesn't make sense but unsure if they understood.

Overall, I think long development time and long time in Early Access didn't help us. Plus, quest system is hard core and the combat to many seems casual. Too few CRPG elements didn't attract RPG fans, lack of strategic things didn't attract strategy fans.

Despite all that, we did better than many other games, and now with debts almost paid off, things are starting to look a bit brighter :) However, still unsure which road to take next after we make a few DLCs.

A few other good news are: there will be GOG version with achievements plus the game will comeout in Germany in retail: http://www.amazon.de/Legends-of-Eisenwald-Knights-Edition/dp/B012V8E6XA

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Despite all that, we did better than many other games, and now with debts almost paid off, things are starting to look a bit brighter :) However, still unsure which road to take next after we make a few DLCs.

A few other good news are: there will be GOG version with achievements plus the game will comeout in Germany in retail: http://www.amazon.de/Legends-of-Eisenwald-Knights-Edition/dp/B012V8E6XA

Is the retail version DRM free and will it work with any DLC you'll release? I might just wait for that if it is.

Lhynn

Arcane
No character creation in a tactics on the codex means that if you arent JA2/battle brothers, you dont matter. Me and a lot of other cucks here are simply put off by this.

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
Is the retail version DRM free and will it work with any DLC you'll release? I might just wait for that if it is.
It will be both DRM-free and Steam versions...

No character creation in a tactics on the codex means that if you arent JA2/battle brothers, you dont matter. Me and a lot of other cucks here are simply put off by this.
So then you don't play games like King's Bounty or Disciples? Sounds rather stupid.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom