Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Super Dungeon Tactics

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It is a tactical RPG strongly inspired by the board game Super Dungeon Explore.
It is not a 1:1 port, even though they got the rights to do so, as it focuses more on the long term campaign than its board game brother.
The character design is not very inspired.
The UI suffers from questionable design choices.
But the missions are quite varied, and have been well designed so far.
It has very little randomness too.
Character building is done exclusively through items.

I have not played enough to tell whether to tag it incline or decline, but what they are trying to do is interesting for sure.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Some more thoughts:
I know this is a tactical game, but then, no dialogue might have been better than cheesy dialogues.
The missions remain interesting and hard, though (as you have to balance fending off monsters, and getting to the objectives before being overwhelmed by reinforcements).
But no save in battle, really?
these can drag on for a while, though...
But why does it have to be paid by enduring the UI and the dialogues? :D
At least, they are skippable.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
I thought that dialog was genius level

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom