Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl Mod Thread

Baron Dupek

Arcane
FFS I played OGSE after first patch (new game required) and I can't find fkng Stone Flower for that cheeky kvnt Healer, to give back the stash content.
Played on fresh release, in Cordon, there was locomotive near the tunnel on the east, where there spawned few of them.
Now I need to go to Garbage and have hope to get it here.

EDIT 24h later
The turrets, i forgot about them:argh:
I played beta and did not found them, not in the Agroprom base, where I got first (painful) encounter with them.

Allright, things are going better and better with Stalker mods.
When I was looking for info about new SGM 3.0 I found that they work with people responsible for Chernobyl Chronicles.
Guess what? It's already released.
Chernobyl Chronicles mod for COP ( Eng/Fr or Rus ) Pre-Final image - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. " 100 Rads Bar " - Mod DB
You can either download Repack (game+mod) or mod alone. Then add fix and translation, enjoy.

Another project is Vanila+, they returned to work and are ready to release. Only need optimization and reworked sounds. Then they release somewhere at the beginning of April

Last edited:

Kontra

Educated
So i downloaded the mod but it wont install... It says "PC is not ready for mod requirements because RAM is less than 3GB". I have EXACTLY 3GB... so what a hell??

Cant remember if this was a requirement before. Is there any way to start it other than buying more RAM?

Baron Dupek

Arcane
No because Xray engine was took under wings by community and get improved. By "improved" I mean - become less shit engine with lot of duct taping and workarounds.
There is already version for 64bit systems.
And yes, more RAM is a must.
Even if you past the message "more RAM needed" it will make the mot crash happy for your PC.

Kontra

Educated
And yes, more RAM is a must.
Even if you past the message "more RAM needed" it will make the mot crash happy for your PC.

Well shit... Another time then. The old version worked great btw, i had maybe one or two crashes. Definitely the most stable STALKER playthrough i had...

Too bad cause OGSE without turrets would be perfect.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Nice situation. I got job to "pick up" strange artifact under guard of military group. It make strange PSI effects (ghosts of mutants) which make me thrill for being zombified.
Then they went into rookie village.... let's just say that I don't need to pay 300 rubles for entry to the bunker anymore :smug:
yeah, he wasn't immortal after all.
PS. I'm out of the "hobo zone" 25k is enough for ammo, repairs, meds and stuff... cool thing that artifacts sell for at least 3k, enough for repairs, but there is not enough of them to buy new weapons or suits.

Cassidy

Arcane
Nice situation. I got job to "pick up" strange artifact under guard of military group. It make strange PSI effects (ghosts of mutants) which make me thrill for being zombified
Then they went into rookie village.... let's just say that I don't need to pay 300 rubles for entry to the bunker anymore :smug:

Or you could have told that Stalker to chill out because they aren't in the army, if you do that the first time you meet him he will never try to extort you. He's obviously gauging whether Marked One is Alpha or Beta and acting accordingly.

:M

Also, if you finish the "eavesdrop mercenaries in Garbage" quest for Sidorovich you'll get rewarded with an unique Saiga-12 with integrated reflex sight and faster rate of fire, perhaps one of the best early game weapons in OGSE, but you'll have to manage to kill them all first and there is another very tricky part of that quest prior to it.

:hero:

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Also, if you finish the "eavesdrop mercenaries in Garbage" quest for Sidorovich you'll get rewarded with an unique Saiga-12 with integrated reflex sight and faster rate of fire, perhaps one of the best early game weapons in OGSE, but you'll have to manage to kill them all first and there is another very tricky part of that quest prior to it.

That Saiga was my main weapon in OGSE 0692, where slugs annihilate everything in scope. In other mods that was always either Abakan AN-94 or VAL.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
What's a good mod for Clear Sky?
Is there an updated Mod Tier List somewhere? I remember seeing one but its pretty old.

Think I've posted this before in this thread.

Arsenal Overhaul is probably the best mod for Clear Sky. It improves the gunplay massively, includes fixes and many quality of life improvements. It also adds a fuckton of awesome new guns and ammo.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
What's a good mod for Clear Sky?
Is there an updated Mod Tier List somewhere? I remember seeing one but its pretty old.
Doppelganger.
Faction Wars.
AO is overrated, don't like it that much. Shoker is better.
Any CS mod that improve faction war is good in my book.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Apart from some sadistic hidden item/stash quests (why the fuck would you put a green coloured backpack in a fucking forest map), I'm really enjoying OGSE 0.6.9.3.

Unlike most STALKER mods it actually has a nice variety of quest types, it isn't just fetch quests. Also the translation, although a little iffy in places, is pretty understandable.

Sjukob

Arcane
I like how you can actually hide in bushes from enemies in OGSE , the new AI works great .

Unlike most STALKER mods it actually has a nice variety of quest types, it isn't just fetch quests
I recently finished Way in haze ( Путь во мгле ) , it doesn't have english translation as far as I know , but in comparison with it , OGSE quests are horrible .

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
I recently finished Way in haze ( Путь во мгле ) it doesn't have english translation as far as I know , but in comparison to it , OGSE quests are horrible .

Sounds cool, hopefully there is a translation at some point.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
First news since August 2015 and they dethroned Brutal Doom from 1st place in moddb.com. Dog eat dog, shit beat the shit out of shit.
http://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-misery/news/weapons-and-armor-dismantling

They said nothing about release, but then wrote that mod is ready in 96%. Cool...

PS. I stopped playing OGSE, shouldn't playing beta then... played few hours, reached Garbage and dropped.

Oooh now that's a neat mechanic.
96% done? That was quick. Normally these mods go into development hell for a year, and then the devs give up.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
They were working for years on Mis2.2 (with short pause after release of 2.1), I know that because the guy responsible for The Armed Zone (addon for Misery 2) still working on it.
Yeah, I'm gonna collect arr junk around and collect parts.

I remember the manual for Mis2, which explained that "repair are expensive from technician because parts are hard to obtain" and whatever, which was bullshit in the first place.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I know right?
With dozen tweaks and ideas here and here (some made by me and some took from other people) it's enjoyable.
But the way creators want it to play? No fkn way.
Hardcore AND Realistic does not glue together.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I wanted a nice all-in-one mod to play Pripyat and went with Misery for lack of not knowing alternatives.
I was fucking more scared than in Alien Isolation, and all I did was walk from the spawn to the tanker. Fucking scary as hell.

(Disclaimer: never played Stalker longer than 30 min before)

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
I wanted a nice all-in-one mod to play Pripyat and went with Misery for lack of not knowing alternatives.
I was fucking more scared than in Alien Isolation, and all I did was walk from the spawn to the tanker. Fucking scary as hell.

(Disclaimer: never played Stalker longer than 30 min before)

I think for first playthrough, it's probably worth playing COP just with some graphical mods. COP was pretty polished at release (at least compared to the other games).

Misery changes a lot.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Maybe, but there is so many mods that I wouldn't know what to get or where to start. An all in one pack is what I'd like. If there's a graphical one, let me know. DraQ

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Ok, fellow kids! Here is the deal, I want to play CoP again. I finished it without mods, and I played a significant portion of it with misery. Now I want to play it with some other mods.

What I would like to have: A list of graphical mods that work together, preferably with a mod that introduces new content. So basically, make the game more pretty and with something new in it.

Any mod in particular I should try? I can deal with the installation and shit on my own, Im just not up to speed with what mods were already released, and which of them are good.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Best bet is http://www.moddb.com/mods/atmosfear-for-call-of-pripyat
Best thing is - it work with most mods.

And now something different - Vanilla+ is cancelled. Or, as the creator stated, frozen. He said he wanted to work on it offline. He then went to dozen sites with this news and correction ("itz frozen boys I swear my mum").
Oh and he update his moddb mod profile like what, once a month?
Modders. Modders never change.
It got lot of guns but worst part are artifacts. Dozen of new one. And it goes into the toilet.

Another news.
See - there is Autumn Aurora 2 for ShoC and Misery for CoP. But is there similar mod for Clear Sky? No. Not until tomorrow.
http://www.moddb.com/mods/mire
Will play and make report.

Starwars

Arcane
I'm looking to replay Shadow of Chernobyl soon and I'm wondering what the best alternatives would be if I want a relatively vanilla experience. I don't need/want everything redone but minor tweaks, bugfixes and shit like that is welcome. Also, pretty graphics would be nice.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom