Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl Mod Thread

chobbes

Educated
I was reading through some updates on the mod development scene for CoP.
I think the below 3 mods are the most promising for 2015.

Call of Chernobyl (TBD 2015)
- pure freeplay only with reworked maps
- all 31 maps from SoC, CS and CoP
- a dozen repeatable quests
- enhanced a-life and AI overhaul
- includes Variation Mod, Atmosfear 3 and Original Weapon Renewal

Arsenal Overhaul (released 2 Jan 2015)
- 100 new weapons, 32 new ammunition types and 6 new suits
- high quality vanilla weapon models
- includes AF3, AN3 and MSO
- Nimble, Shulga, Loki and Trapper are now traders
- glowing reviews from gun enthusiasts

AI Mod Merge 2015 (released 17 Dec 2014)
- a merge of the most popular mods and mini mods for CoP
- developed by Nashathedog aka David.me of SGM 2.2 English All-In-One
- includes Alundaio's Barebones AI mod
- includes AF3, AN3 and OWR
- includes Variation Mod, Artifacts Mod, Unreachable Stash Fix

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I installed one of these CC mods and there was info about being compatible with most mods, surely it's compatible with SGM considering the fact that's big mod series.
And there is SGM 2.1 + Misery combo mod, for my surprise it was not that difficult one. Compared to other versions like SGM Enot edition...

EDIT
chobbes
holy cow, I though these megamods will be released later. And I still didn't played much in the Misery :<
And I would like to add Wormwood mentioned on previous page. Surely good year.

EDIT2
and that Call of Chernobyl sounds like StalkerSoup except the detail like higher possibility of release, stable release;)

One thing that I really liked in StalkerSoup was bartering. It doesn't have sense when artifacts supposed to be less common than dog poop, But the idea of relying on something else than money was pretty cool.

Last edited:

chobbes

Educated
Does SGM makes the game prettier ? Otherwise, is it compatible with CrommCruac mods ? (Atmosfear, Absolute Nature, etc)

Hello Silva,

I've been playing SGM 2.2 English AIO (Zaton start) edition for only about 8 hours.

Graphics-wise, I will say its only slightly better than vanilla CoP. Misery is still prettier.
But the upside is it definitely loads faster than Misery.

If I'm not wrong, David.Me has already included AF3 and AN3 in his iteration of SGM 2.2.
However AF3 doesn't seem to be working for me in his default gamedata install.
To let AF3 work as intended, install in this order : SGM 2.2 English AIO -> AF3 Merge Patch -> AF3 Sky Fix Patch

I've downloaded AN3 but have yet to install it, will report back later if possible.

--- --- ---

My initial thoughts and impressions of SGM v2.2

It's clear that the SGM developers have put serious thought into the mod, they've introduced several elements to make Stalker more like a RPG.
There are new mechanics that still adheres to the general Stalker theme :

Hirable Companions / Bodyguards : form your own Alpha Squad!
Player Ranking System : more weapons and items become available as you gain more experience, quite subtly woven into the game
Enhanced Repair System : Cardan has a spare parts box where you can put unsold weapons into, giving you a discount for repairs
Joinable Factions : You can now join bandits, mercenaries, Dawn and Monolith and do their side quests
Tweaked Economy : Not as inflationary as Misery, selling of used weapons ( > 80% condition) is finally possible
Enhanced Loot : Money bags and medicine boxes can now be looted. Double-click on them for a pleasant surprise.

Gunplay, sadly, is plain vanilla and quite arcadey. Weapons sounds are weak.
Damage values are still not very realistic. The boars are bullet sponges.
This is a major disappointment. I love to have someone port over Misery's weapon damage changes into SGM.

Graphics is also pretty vanilla like I've mentioned in my reply to Silva above. It doesn't stutter like Misery though, so that's good in my opinion. There are pros and cons of having enhanced graphics.

If Misery is akin to CoP v1.5 with its graphics sheen and difficulty curve, then I will say that SGM is CoP v2.0; it adds multiple new dimensions into the game for a more immersive and involving playthrough.

Once someone manages to integrate either Arsenal Overhaul or The Armed Zone into SGM, plus Misery's or ZoA's weapon damage values, plus Autumn Aurora's graphics, then it'll be darned near perfect.

Can't think of anything worthwhile to share for now, will post more impressions once I've played more.

Last edited:

Mutavore

Literate
If you want better-looking and sounding weapons in SGM, you can try the SGM 2.2 Lost Soul edition which includes the weapons and attachments from SHOKER.
Someone from /sg/ uploaded it here : https://mega.co.nz/#!HBtyVKDD!0PqdopBJA8iHGHw2bjj4tMDXb3VDJ2XzhcMndlKrj7A
The english translation patch for 2.2 still works, but you'll be missing lines for a bunch of weapons and scopes.
Also I don't know if this addon affects gunplay in any way, but you'll die in 2 hits with a sunrise suit. Mutants are bullet sponges too.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Well, bulletsponge mutans? I might try it anyway.
Thanks for the info about translation. Was looking for it few months back.

EDIT
So that's why there was no update of StalkerSoup for long time...
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=35764371&postcount=15231

OpenXRay project is up. First goal - make it 64bit. Yeah, it is 32....ugh.
Next - WINE...I mean, playing on linux. And maybe even better modding.

EDIT2
about SGM 2.2 Lost Soul edition - here is some info.

fixes:
- Hide CAH were ordered Use Mod (been added items and parameters in the SGM items).
- Bugged binoculars and knives removed from trader's offer.
- flashlight from Metro series.
- Correct blood texture.
- Fixed the position of the screw in his hand.
- Fixed icons.
- B / U armor have a separate description.
- New textures inventory and some icons.
- Map has become truly global. :incline:
- Restored makdm, the robot scripts.
- Fixed issue tasks.
- Fix zoom svd.

Gameplay'owe Innovation:
- Adapted STCoP Weapon Pack (adaptation of Gaz1k).
- AI Additions Pack.
- Dinamic News v1.02 (News about the issue thrown).
- Cut X-Ray Project Pack 2 (death of the first-person, physics bodies and td).
- Added Exchanging Items Mod v0.1 (Barter with stalkers, only the leaders of the branches, the things of the sgm and STCoP registered).
- Added LootMoney Mod (loot money from NPC)
- Adapted New Artefacts Mod.
- Radiation From Artefacts v0.6.
- Amendments and configs balance towards hardkoru.
- Izmerenie mod.
- Extending Sleep.
- Dinamic Helmets.
- View the 1 and 2 person.
- Changed the balance.
- Added new ambient and weather improved toward the atmosphere.

Graphical and texturisation part:
- rain drop angled.
- Changed the model and texture of some artifacts.
- Nowe models and textures stalkers.
- Shaders with SWTC fashion.
- Heavily modified weather cycles locations.
- Absolute texture packs (Atmosfear 3 + 3 Absolute Nature Lite + Absolute Structures 1.0).
- Some textures and sounds of Misery.
- Texture of RedNikee (mutants, water).

Other stuff:
- 100 jokes turned into 100 stalker notes on loading screen.
- DMX-Interface menu.
- Changed the PNW.
- XR3DA Patcher.
- A new picture of the engine in the boot menu.
- The destructable lightbulbs [better sneaking?].
- A new hud.
- The new voice of GG.
- The new model, texture and animation knife.
- Former binoculars, the texture of the Lost World.
- Changed some NPC models.
- Added new jokes.
And many other theme with which the author ap-pro.ru forgotten.
Not recommended to play on lower settings than Medium and Static Lighting.

Last edited:

chobbes

Educated
If you want better-looking and sounding weapons in SGM, you can try the SGM 2.2 Lost Soul edition which includes the weapons and attachments from SHOKER.
Someone from /sg/ uploaded it here : https://mega.co.nz/#!HBtyVKDD!0PqdopBJA8iHGHw2bjj4tMDXb3VDJ2XzhcMndlKrj7A
The english translation patch for 2.2 still works, but you'll be missing lines for a bunch of weapons and scopes.
Also I don't know if this addon affects gunplay in any way, but you'll die in 2 hits with a sunrise suit. Mutants are bullet sponges too.
Is there an alternative download link or torrent available?

Downloading anything >1GB on Mega requires you to install their mega download Firefox extension, and I don't wanna install it for security reasons.

UPDATE :
Found it! For those who prefers to download SGM Lost Soul from non-Mega sites see below.

Torrent Download
Doesn't seem to be working. I tried it today.
Torrent is from this site.

Full Download - SGM 2.2 Lost Soul Final (Optimized Version) + FIX Detectors
Download link is from Stalker russian forums. (Use Google Translate to read content)

Installation Procedure : SGM 2.2 Lost Soul Final -> English Translation -> FOV Switcher -> Zaton Start (Optional)

Do the following, before starting a new game :

fsgame.ltx
$game_data$ = true| true| $fs_root$| gamedata\

gamedata/scripts/xr_combat_ignore.script
se_obj.position:distance_to_sqr(se_enemy.position) > 22500 then

What it does : sets enemy awareness to 150m radius instead of default 30m radius, otherwise enemies will not shoot you beyond a unrealistically small distance.
Source here.

gamedata/configs/mod_parameters/mod_params.ltx
[Alfa_params]
max_squads_count_on_zaton = 0; (0 to 7)
max_squads_count_on_jupiter = 0; (0 to 4)
max_squads_count_on_pripyat = 0; (0 to 2)

What it does : to remove Alpha Squads permanently, set all three values above to 0, otherwise Alpha Squads might still spawn even if you set it to Off in HUD Options.
Personally I disabled them because they will spoil my weapon and money progression curve and might accidentally kill important NPCs. Your choice.

Turn Off SGM Anomalies in "HUD Options"
I'm experiencing heavy stuttering and lagging when I'm near anomalies placed by SGM. Turning it off helps my framerate significantly. YMMV.
SGM 2.2 English AIO never did that to me though, so it could be a Lost Soul specific issue. My computer is E8400, 4GB RAM, WD HDD, R6850.

Integrating Misery Weapon SFX into Lost Soul
Now that Lost Soul has better weapon damage values, the next step will be to replace those weak-sounding weapons sounds with Misery's superior versions. Let me use M4A1 as an example. Its just a simple procedure of replacing the .ogg files and ensuring that the replaced files have the exact same names as those used by Lost Soul.

1. Copy "m4a1_shot.ogg" into Lost Soul/gamedata/sounds/weapons/m4a1
2. Rename "m4a1_shot.ogg" to "m4a1_shoot.ogg"
3. Make 5 duplicates of the new "m4a1_shoot.ogg"
4. Rename the 5 duplicates to "m4a1_shoot1.ogg", "m4a1_shoot2.ogg", "m4a1_shoot3.ogg", "m4a1_shoot4.ogg" and "m4a1_shoot5.ogg"
5. Copy "m4a1_shoot_silence.ogg" into Lost Soul/gamedata/sounds/weapons/m4a1
6. Rename "m4a1_shoot_silence.ogg" to "m4a1_shot_sil.ogg"
7. Copy "m4a1_reload.ogg" into Lost Soul/gamedata/sounds/weapons/m4a1

That's it! Enjoy your enhanced weapon SFX.
General principle : remember to have the exact filenames AND number of files.

Last edited:

chobbes

Educated
Anyone knows the actual title for the following radio songs found in Les Miserables mod?
(all ogg files found in /gamedata/sounds/music/radio/)

1. bandit.ogg
2. metrocred.ogg
3. musora.ogg
4. rok.ogg
5. krovi.ogg

chobbes

Educated
Thinking of trying of AMK and its variants for SoC.
ZoA while quite fun, is a little bit buggy and incomplete for me.

Based on my research, these are the main iterations of AMK :

AMK Full Realism
AMK Arsenal Repo
AMK Sidorovich
AMK Complete
AMK New Level Changer

Anyone tried any of above and can tell me the main differences?
MotherMachinae recommended the Sidorovich edition, but it is made in 2010, nonetheless I may still try it soon.

Are there any recent, bug-free and stable AMK mods out there?

Thanks.

Silva

Arcane
Anyone knows the actual title for the following radio songs found in Les Miserables mod?
(all ogg files found in /gamedata/sounds/music/radio/)

1. bandit.ogg
2. metrocred.ogg
3. musora.ogg
4. rok.ogg
5. krovi.ogg
The only thing I knownis that Rok os awesome.

By the way, this baby looks promising:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
AMK Sidorovich Edition is most stable, not recent but that's low price considering the amount of trouble that AMK give to run and be stable.

I saw some mods that have Gunslinger Mod features, never saw actual mod. Is this any good?

Silva

Arcane
Oops, just noticed that my above link didnt work. Here it is:

(and yeah, its a russian mod called Gunslinger.. looks cool as hell, despite the silly name)

Baron Dupek

Arcane
1. bandit.ogg is Bandit Radio from Stalker: Clear Sky
2. metrocred.ogg is menu theme from SGM (Sigerous Mod)
5. krovi.ogg is Kino - Gruppa Krovi

Silva

Arcane
Ivan, last time I checked the mod was 30% done and no estimative of finishing. Like MotherMachinae said, though, the author seem to have let other mods use his assets, so I think the only way to check those features is through other mods.

One thing I like is the attention to detail in this mod. Notice how each move is accompanied of a slight motion in the head of actor.,it gives a pretty realistic sensation.

And before someone ask, no, those animations are not compatible with Misery or any other existing mod, since Gunslinger changes a bunch of dlls from the default game.

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
i tried sgm 2.2 lost souls.

would be ok if the ai wasn't all over the place. i just shot half of the bandits at the ranger station in the face without them even turning hostile, but once they did they all activated their wallhacks and aimbots.

chobbes

Educated
Played SGM 2.2 Lost Souls for about 5 hours.
English translation is quite incomplete, many weapons lack the proper descriptions and names.
I couldn't detach my EOTech sight from my M4 and use other attachments.

Game is very laggy in Jupiter, near-unplayable.
I've already switched off SGM anomalies and patched my exe to 4Gb-aware.
Also the Grouse-Tremor questline is slightly bugged.
I think I'll wait for some dedicated modder like David.Me to properly refine it before I try again.

Right now I will finish up on my Misery Recon playthrough and fiddle with vanilla SGM 2.2 a bit more.
Might be doing a second Misery playthrough, this time as an Assaulter siding with Duty.
It will be interesting to see how an always-hungry Assaulter with higher carryweight affects my gameplay.

Compared with Lost Souls, Misery with Les Mis and TAZ runs like a dream and has superior gunplay and graphics. Comparatively stable and polished.

Does anyone know how to complete the "Monolith Survivors" mission given by Strider if I've already sold all the PDAs to Owl?
I couldn't gain any favour with either Freedom or Duty and they wouldn't accept the Monolith survivors.

Last edited:

chobbes

Educated
Guys, I found a unique item somewhere deep within Jupiter factory (in Misery).
It was guarded by 10 Izloms, 3 Burers and 5 Poltergeists.

I haven't tried using it yet, not sure what it does.

Don't click if you don't want to be spoiled.
Click here for full-size screenshot.

It's a injectable drug called "The Rebirth". Found in south-eastern part of Jupiter Factory

Last edited:

chobbes

Educated
Realistic Carryweight Values for a Special Forces Soldier

There has been countless posts and arguments on the Internet regarding what constitutes as "realistic" for carryweight value in Stalker games.
Please allow me to share my thoughts based on the books on real world spec-ops training that I've read.

In Chosen Soldier, an excellent book on Green Berets written by Dick Couch (a retired Navy Seal, he also authored the equally compelling The Warrior Elite), it was mentioned that Green Beret trainees had to carry almost 65 pounds (30kg) during some of their training evolutions. They are expected to carry heavy weights and perform at their peak at the same time.

Think about it, if a Delta Force trainee can carry a 30kg load, what about a highly-trained and experienced USS agent like Major Alexander Degtyarev?
As an ex-Stalker in charge of special projects (such as entering the Zone), surely he must be one of the best of the best, even amongst elite units.
As a Stalker left to fend for himself and accomplish his mission in the dangerous Zone, he must be able to carry enough to be self-sufficient and be a one-man army, if necessary.
Let's not forget that special forces usually have access to the most advanced backpack and load-bearing technologies on the planet.

Major Degtyarev should be more than capable of comfortably carrying at least 35-40kg, about 30% more than a SOF trainee.
An average Western man is around 70-80kg, so a 35-40kg load coincides nicely in being 50% of his body weight.

My research is by no means exhaustive, neither are my conclusions by any means conclusive.
Feel free to contribute your thoughts, based on real-life examples if possible.

My Opinion : set your carryweight value to around 35-40kg for greater realism.

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I went to the Iron Forest to see how is going here, maybe get these better maps for Pilot. Nope. Regret that I didn't managed to run away with skin and paws of psi dog.
How do you handle psi in Misery? Dying even without seeing enemy must be tough nut for the first time.

chobbes

Educated
I went to the Iron Forest to see how is going here, maybe get these better maps for Pilot. Nope. Regret that I didn't managed to run away with skin and paws of psi dog.
How do you handle psi in Misery? Dying even without seeing enemy must be tough nut for the first time.
Quickly accumulate your rubles and get a SEVA suit from the scientists as soon as possible.
It gives the best psy and radiation protection amongst all the armor in the game.

If possible, attach a grenade launcher to your rifle.
1-2 direct hits with a VOG or M203 grenade will eliminate a poltergeist or controller.

With some careful fence-jumping, you can actually reach the top of the small building just next to the electrical anomalies.
From there, you have a bird's-eye view of the entire Iron Forest and the psi aura AOE won't reach you.
You can snipe or grenade every enemy at your leisure.

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Thanks for the tip. What about wearing out in case of psi? Does it damage suit? I know that burn is strongest in this case, toxic - not so.

Echo Mirage

Arcane
I don't think Psi damages your suit. Just health. Another means to counter Psi in early Misery is to use Psi blocker tablets. They can be found in stashes, But suffer from the issue of making the screen wobble and shake everywhere making an already annoying gameplay element into a nightmare. Also I found that Psi protection can fail between quicksaves.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom