Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
I would rather have a game which is ment for some casual gaming with casuals (like LoL is) than all these wannabe elitists you meet in hon every day, thinking they owned their lane when they died twice and got half the cs their enemy got.

Dont ask me why i still play HoN though. Most likely because i dont like the concept that you have to play alot/pay real money to experience every hero available in the game.

Wulfstand

Prophet
hoodoo said:
Wulfstand plays a mean Shen

Heh, had some good fun last night in those games, hoodoo, but now I'm back at me farm, so that means no more games for a while (max 1 and a half week, after which I'll pretty much stay back at my appartment).
You yourself did really goodl too, same thing for your friends. My only complaint is that attitude that your friend had, which is exactly the type of attitude that most HoN players are talking about.

As for Shen, as you've seen, he's a pretty bad ass tank if fed enough. In that 2nd game, just before they'd concede, I 1v3 them, killed 2, and almost died, at which point my Guardian Angel would activate, so yeah ;)
He's very fun, and even after Riot making his 2nd skill basically useless, he's still a badass tank.

I unlocked Amumu last night, but from the 2 practice games vs bots that I've played with him last night, he isn't as fun as I rememberd him to be. Awell... (should've gotten Eve, goddamn!)

Heartwarden

Educated
Markman said:
Played Udyr for 3 games, and damn is he confusing. What do I get him, should I go AP or armor, or just get a BF sword? What is his role? Stun around in groupfights and stomp with R? Is his Q all that useful?
The best use I get out of Udyr is a supporter / tank. AP / Whatever you need for defence, focus on Bear, Turtle and Phoenix and never stop moving. Few kills, plenty of assists and a general pain in the ass. (Sunfire Udyr is fairly good, too.).

AP is for support if you have too much AD. It's okay, but his weakest role (Phoenix = Attack speed.).

AD is a terror. Tiger Stance absolutely wreaks havoc with a high attack damage and pretty much covers the need for AS. Between Tiger and Turtle, with the odd Bear, he's as good as Jax on one on one. Yet, item dependent, and save for being a good jungler, it's hard to farm with him.

He's versatile. He can fit almost every role bar being a nuker (but even then, Tiger Stance is a good AD nuke of sorts. Bye bye turrets.). You just have to figure out how to best fit him into a team, which - while versatile - is actually a hard thing to do with him.

Wulfstand

Prophet
Padre said:
Zed said:
I don't get it. This is the most popamole ez-mode game of all DotA games yet it's the one that has most Codexers playing it? What a retardo world we live in.

This man speaks the truth :gentleman:

http://yfrog.com/f/7g11jlug1j/

Grow up girls. Join our elitist, nazi community

Well if there's a group to play with too, then all the marrier, means I won't have to put up to all the matchmaking crap. Cya in ~3 weeks.

Padre

Liturgist
Well I have 1 friend who's quite capable and since Zed is playing too that makes four of us. I know that Raw has an account too. We could do some 5vs5 with good timing and I will have some spare time since I'm graduating in two days ( got 2 exams left ) and all I have to do for the next three months is buy a flat and drink beer.

Wulfstand

Prophet
Padre said:
Well I have 1 friend who's quite capable and since Zed is playing too that makes four of us. I know that Raw has an account too. We could do some 5vs5 with good timing and I will have some spare time since I'm graduating in two days ( got 2 exams left ) and all I have to do for the next three months is buy a flat and drink beer.

That's cool. My biggest concern is that I'll be a wreck at starters, and that it'll take me some time to get used to the game. Please tell me that they did add some moronic bots, with which I could 'practice'.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Basically, the people you will play against when you start are worse than the AI you used to have on the stable DotA Maps :P Theres an Tutorial where you can learn the basics, but it isnt that different from DotA, so you wont have to learn much new things, besides what the heroes are lookling like now. There is no AI to train with tho.

Topher

Cipher
There most certainly is AI that you can train with in LoL. Start a practice match and you can load it with bots. They have a limited selection of heroes but it's just practice.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Thought he was talking 'bout HoN up there, my bad if that wasnt the case.

Padre

Liturgist
HoN doesn't have any kind of bots except for a short and shitty tutorial.

Fear not, we can arrange some 1vs1 so I will teach you the basics, the rest will come with experience and reading comprehension ( guides on forums ). Took me around 300 games to go from a total noob to a half decent player but I had no one to teach me so I made some stupid mistakes.

edit
He was talking about HoN :)

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I'm always up for HoN. Padre and me have played a few games and they've all been nice except that one time when I accidentally repicked instead of swapping his hero (derp), causing massive failure throughout the game.

Padre

Liturgist
Yeah, our Soul reaper - Wildsoul swap didn't end well. We would probably lost either way cause Wildsoul is a shitty pick, one of the worst heroes in the game atm.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
He's actually got some nice perks, but ganking is very popular right now vs other strats, so he gets clubbed a lot before he can shine.

Best base smasher in the game though. Bear with half decent gear whaling on a tower makes Defiler's ult look like a joke.

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
Wulfstand said:
attitude that your friend had, which is exactly the type of attitude that most HoN players are talking about.

yah hes abit of a douche, trash talk though is probably one of the funnest parts of the game

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Well, as the LoL, Demigod or HoN Community is nothing else than a part of the DotA Community, its no surprise that it sucks balls. Since my team isn't really playing much and i don't like to play pubs all by myself, i'd be up for some games as well. I might turn out to be one of these "wannabe elitist" i've been talking about earlier though ;)

Destroid

Arcane
Which of these games takes the shortest time to play? LoL is pretty retarded that you can't surrender before 18 minutes.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Based of my experience lol games usually last 30-45 min on 5v5 and 3v3 last 20-30 min. Demigod(depends on map and gametype) and Hon are about the same...about 40-50 min.

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
Destroid said:
Which of these games takes the shortest time to play? LoL is pretty retarded that you can't surrender before 18 minutes.

3v3 is the best for short games, also better for playing by yourself because a team of shitcunts wont matter as much. The surrender thing isnt really that retarded, if they did it any earlier people would surrender whenever they thought they were losing and the winners wouldnt get any time to enjoy being fed, which is probably the best part of the game.

Wulfstand

Prophet
DamnedRegistrations said:
He's actually got some nice perks, but ganking is very popular right now vs other strats, so he gets clubbed a lot before he can shine.

Best base smasher in the game though. Bear with half decent gear whaling on a tower makes Defiler's ult look like a joke.

Shit, Syllabear (I'm referring to Wildsoul) is in here too? Nice!

Also, yes I was talking about HoN's bots (more like their lack of them). As for LoL's bots, they're ONLY good for trying out new champs, for like 2-3 times, to get used to them, anything else done with bots is USELESS. They have some of the worst AI I've seen in any game, which means that you'll most likely learn absolutely no tactics from playing with them, since you'll end up with a score like 45/3/0, if you play a carry. Dota's bots, in comparison, are fan-fucking-tastic.

Oh and about Demigod, have any of you guys played it? It's HORRIBLE! Yes it has beutiful maps, but there are like 8 heroes, some of which are way better than others of their class (carry, support, etc), which kills the game. Plus I'm pretty sure that the community is also dead, most going either to the free DotA/LoL, or to HoN.

One last thing, regarding the 3v3's: I hate them. I feel that they're waay to much of a cookie cutter, and I absolutely HATE the fact that (in LoL atleast, forgot how it was in HoN's beta) most heroes don't work in it, and that they get easily stomped by a chosen few.
5v5 remains king imo, and it isn't all that time consuming, even tho you might sometimes have 50-60 minute games (I even had once a 70something minute game, which left me compleately tired, since it was very-very intense and nerve-bending).

Padre

Liturgist
My longest match went for 90 minutes straight, back in the beta. Was one of those epic games when you are 4 raxes down and just try to snipe one guy farming in the forest so you can push because respawn timer at lvl 25 is 90 seconds.

I've played Demigod, that's what got me interested in the genre, back then I didn't know anything about DotA but Demigod was empty, like 90% of content was missing.

Regarding 3vs3, it's kinda like em games. Don't like them because with the amount of CC coming from Succubus and Pollywog you can win this with those 2 heroes alone. 2 ults, mesmerize, morph and it's kinda gg. Throw in a good pusher and you can't do anything to stop it.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
The only way to somewhat play 3v3 and actually enjoy it is on the two other maps, since they are way smaller with just 3 towers to the base instead of 4. It still sucks. There simply are some heroes that, farmed well, are impossible to kill even for 3 heroes at once. Hoot Hoot.

What I like about these long games (especially in wars) is that when you have a game going on for 60 minutes or more, a single mistake might cost you the game in case the enemy takes advantage. That is something that LoL completely lacks in my opinion.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
God damn, Kayle is hard to go against. Team that bitch with Warwick or Trynd and its a gg. Last two games with Kayle on the opposing team resulted in a total roflstomp. Maybe should try her next, lol.
But i don t go cheese. You know who's more cheese? Ezrael. They should increase cooldown on that blink of his. If he picks flash too than youre fucked.

Wulfstand

Prophet
Markman said:
God damn, Kayle is hard to go against. Team that bitch with Warwick or Trynd and its a gg. Last two games with Kayle on the opposing team resulted in a total roflstomp. Maybe should try her next, lol.
But i don t go cheese. You know who's more cheese? Ezrael. They should increase cooldown on that blink of his. If he picks flash too than youre fucked.

They did a very good job with Kayle, as she's now a very often played champion.
On other news, I'm currently installing HoN, with my old beta account now updated. Nickname should be still Wulfstand. Hope to see you guys ig. :D

Edit: fuck me, no patching? That's strange.
Edit 2: nope, my nickname ig is allessander.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Revived! Or necroed...or whatever

Season one is coming next week, the13th. Draft picks and bans, still no replays yet or new maps for some reason. I'll ban Anivia in every fucking game.Burst damage that bird does is insane. Just played against her in my last game, bird had 725 AP at the end. Won that game, suprisingly.

Nasus. I like him alot but I die waaaay too much with him. Until I get Triforce cant really do alot except feed. Have 2 or 3 games with positive k/d ratio out of 15 with him.

One thing I noticed is when I have 10+ wins I get on a massive losing streak till it evens out a bit.
Hit level 21 now on EU, and it matches me sometimes with level 30's and sometimes with level 10-15s. Very uneven.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom