Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
These CLG Dignitas games are fucking intense.

Renegen

Arcane
Yeah great games yesterday, there's just something about CLG that makes them play horribly. So much for Doublelift saying that they are not a big strategy team but instead just individually outplay the others, it's the small mistakes that kept costing them games. That Seraph Maokai teleport to die instantly was golden.

http://www.surrenderat20.net/2014/08/829-pbe-update.html
A lot of changes coming to the PBE still, Viktor is getting remorked! He has been turned from an AOE burst mage to.... an AOE burst game, except with more COUNTERPLAY. His Q is better pretty much always, his W is longer range but harder to hit and he can upgrade all 3 of his skills. Actually they increased Viktor's mobility on his Q, funny, it really does look like mobility creep is very real. I fucking hate ganking as Nocturne without ult, the number of easy pickings keeps dropping.

And speaking of Nocturne, he got a freaking buff, wow. His ult comes back sooner if you fail and don't actually jump to anyone, that was never what he needed but cool I guess. You can tell how the balance team works, whatever is annoying to them just gets removed. Though it's also Riot emphasizing his utility from vision denial so who knows if they'll follow that up eventually by destroying his damage. Ghostcrawler spoke that Season 5 is going to have the biggest jungle changes yet, uh oh. Who knows what that means but frankly I'm scared. The jungle gets changed dramatically like 3 times per season, Nunu, Eve, Lee, Elise the list goes on of champions that were gutted because of those changes, if I was their main I'd be mad. That dude also does not like melee champions. Riot having Nocturne on their mind can't be a good thing.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Viktor changes look pretty good actually, not sure about augmented E concept. Sounds like a harder to land Vel'koz W. Metal is perfection though. Q changes look great, might turn him into another ranged top laner though with that added spellblade effect on his basic attacks. Add a lich bane or IBG for easier W setups and bully melees out of the lane

Nuraka looks weird as hell. They really gutted her solo laning from the a first glance. Will play very differently. Might be good, but a very different champ.

Erzherzog

Magister
Dig pulls out the win and I can't be happier. Watching Coast fall in that relegation match in the spring split was heart breaking. Dig fixed so much that was wrong against TSM. Can't wait to see them play again. It's interesting, I always saw Lift and Voy as two guys with very soloq minded attitudes, then we get to playoffs and Voyboy has really pulled back the "gotta carry" plays and has become super dependable. Halfway through the split I thought they were better off without him. Meanwhile lift is just completely not onboard with how much practice and studying and behind the scenes work league requires now.

A shame though, they just expanded the EU and NA LCS so the Dig/CLG match didn't really count for much. Unless CLG completely tears itself apart but I do not see that happening.

Meanwhile I think Najin White Shield knocked out the defending world champs I think? It was 2-0 for Najin when I left for a run. SKT was definitely on pace to win the 3rd match when I left though. Still, I think one of the NA guys said the top 5 Korea teams are pretty much undisputed top 5 teams in the world, but upsets do happen.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I watched the finale, Shield won 3-1. Faker and co. wont go to Worlds unfortunately.
Tonight is NA semi's, Im cheering for Curse, they've been most entertaining to watch.

Erzherzog

Magister
I think everyone is cheering for Curse. There's always been a latent bias against C9 (because they're so much better than TSM) and LMQ (because they're foreign, even though all signs point to them actually being really cool guys.)

I mean I am too mainly because of IWD but at this point I'm mostly cheering for TSM to finish 4th.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
If not for Bjergsen they would get stomped sub 20 minutes each game. He's the one keeping them alive and winning games for them. 2-1 for LMQ, not over yet tho.

Renegen

Arcane
If TSM loses the series they'll really kick themselves for losing game 3 being so ahead on Xerath.

Jozoz

Prophet
SameLeadingBilby.gif

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
They actually ended up fucking beating LMQ, how did I miss this. Goddamn social life gets in the way of the better things sometimes

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Is it racist that I always root against asian teams but not always against teams from other regions with people who are racially asian? Deep questions here

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Happens to me as well. It's hard to relate to a bunch of asians that play 18 hours a day while eating their noodles. Yeah, they play a lot better since they're so focused on the game. Western teams are much more relaxed, their players have more personality and therefore are more entertaining out of the game.

Erzherzog

Magister
I think everyone is cheering for Curse. There's always been a latent bias against C9 (because they're so much better than TSM) and LMQ (because they're foreign, even though all signs point to them actually being really cool guys.)

I mean I am too mainly because of IWD but at this point I'm mostly cheering for TSM to finish 4th.

SUCK
IT
DOWN

God the fucking Red Sox of esports. This is why everyone hates TSM's fanbase.

Renegen

Arcane
I've been playing with Azir a bit on the PBE, he's pretty stupid. If you use his W to summon soldiers on towers it does some insane damage at all stages of the game, he looks really good at sieging towers. His soldiers also have super high damage although they're pretty weird, this guy is sort of a weird immobile adc the way Riot wants him to be played. He has to "kite" while his soldiers do good damage, although they look really fancy they're just a ranged aoe attack for him. But if he moves too much to run away his soldiers are too far from him and his dps sinks to 0, although he can summon them often.

He looks like hell to teamfight against, AP sustained damage dealers have traditionally been pretty strong, Malzahar, Anivia, Brand, even Ziggs, it's hard to get a lot of MR when armor is so much more important and so those guys carry teamfights really hard. Azir has good base damages and good scaling, I see him getting nerfed eventually. Oh and I haven't even mentioned his turret passive, it's basically a free ward that kills people, split pushing? no problem. But in the meantime I bet he can be played in really creative ways, I might try him as a tanky top laner.

Renegen

Arcane
You rush Nashors and then hell if I know, just standard AP build he has high ap ratios.

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Fuck.

Go C9. Win the world. Lose to Asians with dignity at least.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom