Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

People News SHOCKER: Chris Avellone leaves Obsidian Entertainment

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Mortuary needs to be populated with high pitched voiced nurses with multitude of colorful hairs and carry a giant syringe while wearing a nurse outfit, preferably with an elegant top and skirt before it becomes palatable to the mainstream crowd.

TNO also needs to be younger cause immortals don't age. Also, Morte needs to be more of a familiar cat/dog/dragon or mini-succubi instead of a floating skull that has no distinguishing features.
I don't know about you, but many people would be triggered easily by a flying, talking skull.

Bah! You are stopping halfway through. Planescapte: Torment should take place in high school and begin with TNO waking up in the nurse's office. Morte should obviously be a cute girl.

Are you guys ripping off weaboo game tropes?

I've never played one so those jokes go over my head.

It's basically:
TNO wakes up in a mortuary
MCA wanted to make a high school RPG
There are no mortuaries in high schools
The closest thing to one is nurse's office. Therefore MC should wake up there.
The cute girl is there because most Japanese games/shows happening in high schools are romcoms.

Ulrox

Arbiter
They shd have co-op to have multiple incarnation of TNO working together with different movesets in the 2016 remake.

This might happen if Trent Oster ever makes a Planescape Torment:Enhanced Edition.

Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Just 've found that MCA and Sawyer aren't following each other on twitter anymore! It proves everything! MCA was forced by Sawyer to leave in order to restore the Balance.

Ulrox

Arbiter

CreamyBlood

Arcane
And the Codex swoons... It's like something from the pages of Tiger Beat.
Wow man. Just wow.

I see that you want the edgy tag. You could not qualify yourself more competently. DarkUnderlord ? Are you one in control of tags?

Like wow, dude, gag me with a spoon. I can't believe you just said that. Like, I'm such a newfag, people laughing at all the wet panties here are just, like too much, man. Wow.

Tigranes

Arcane
When something is good, it needs to make no excuses. Torment need not defend its own verbosity.

The Mortuary as an area isn't amazing, but as an introduction it more than makes up for it with the superb delivery of the awakening and Morte's chat - think about how it establishes the tone so perfectly. Then compare it to other, similar openings that have similar functions: the ship under attack in KOTOR1, the awakening in Alpha Protocol... only BG2, and then mostly due to Irenicus' voice acting, does nearly as well in setting the mood. It's harder to appreciate after your first playthrough.

tilting_msh

Formerly Judas
Patron
Codex 2012
Just 've found that MCA and Sawyer aren't following each other on twitter anymore! It proves everything! MCA was forced by Sawyer to leave in order to restore the Balance.
I noticed this a long time ago, long before MCA quit. I've always assumed Sawyer and MCA didn't like each other. Yes, I'm a gossipy fag.

throwaway

Cipher
Cleve delivers better than this shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom