Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shadowrun Shadowrun: Hong Kong - Extended Edition

Self-Ejected

supervoid

Self-Ejected
I hope they'll implement very hard mode, this game is too easy even for me.
Also, second best bug ever:
P3TJ5fe.png

only one copy was usable in combat

Lhynn

Arcane
Darth Roxor is it true that this game optional fights are the hard ones? and sort of mandatory ones are the ones that are cake?

Lord Andre

Arcane
Have you tried the "allow enemies to take more than 1 attack per turn" AI mini-patch thing? Though it'd probably only have any effect once enemies start getting 3 AP due to how the AI likes running around randomly as priority #2.

I tried it, in fact I played the whole game that way. Indeed the effect is most notable after the AP upgrade. Most relevant example is when I forgot 2-3 party members close together and get peppered with 10 grenades in a row. Unfortunately if your careful with placement and use alpha strike to full effect, the game is still piss easy. I did get docwagoned 3-4 times in the game so I guess it's better than vanilla AI.

Crichton

Prophet
If you put points in rigging do you start out with a drone?

I haven't tested it in HK, but in Dragonfall, ~4 points of rigging got you a drone to start with (as long as you didn't have too many points in decking or spellcasting, there was some kind of exclusionary hierarchy of starting equipment).

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
finally finished muh second playthrough

tl;dr - bleh

there was hardly anything different about that 2nd playthrough after all, if anything it was even more of a chore
RPG Codex - the place where people are replaying games they don't enjoy.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I was doing it out of duty to see what happens if I do shit differently.

Not much happened.

eXalted

Arcane
Playing the Mercurial UGC right now. Something that's not there even in HK. Multiple Deckers in the Matrix and talking with virtual people and stuff.
y5FTdrZ.jpg

eXalted

Arcane
The feeling is closer to that of running in a network grid that is connected to a lot of areas. Better than HK in my opinion (which is easy to top off actually). Oh, and it's realtime (the UGC is for Dragonfall).

nPvoZUV.jpg

Virtual Pubs
RZA8HEp.jpg

News Watching. Just a picture, but it's something new.
A6dSAAO.png
A lot more originality than never ending walking and turning cameras.

Last edited:

Jason Liang

Arcane
The way Matrix is done in Shadowrun's Engine is that it's no different than the Real world. So anything pretty much you can do in the real world you can to in the Matrix as a Decker. The Matrix is just the real world reskinned.

cw8

Cipher
Darth Roxor is it true that this game optional fights are the hard ones? and sort of mandatory ones are the ones that are cake?

Dragonfall had harder fights like the Apex level. Whistleblower in HK is the only challenging one if you choose the option that makes it challenging.

Jason Liang

Arcane
You can also do Prosperity Tower the hard way, from the front door.

In fact, my 3rd playthrough, after the next patch comes out, will probably be all violence, all the time.

naossano

Cipher
Game is challenging so far if you don't buy anything and only use karma points in the hub.

I am still not very far into the game (i guess).

Regarding all the complains about the dialogs, i felt it a slightly different way.

The NPC aren't just info dump. You have a proper introduction with them. Sometimes the way they talk or what happens to them is more important than what they say to you. You can actually piss some of them (dunno how many) that will refuse to speak to you any further (dunno if that is permanent). They rarelly drop you massive amount of text in a single time (except maybe the first or second time to get accointed with them). On the other hand, they always have some new bit of dialogs each time you get to see them. It is way better than if they all dropped everything at once the first time and have nothing to say the next several times. The kind of player that i am, the one who want to talk to every npc all the time, feell way more rewarded to take that time and get new content each time i see them. There isn't many games that allow that amount of fresh content everytime you see the npc.

On the other hand, it eats up time, while the missions pile up and pile up... I didn't count how much time i play each cession. But often, in a playing cession, i end up doing one mission and one trip into the hub, or one mission only, or just one trip into the hub. So i don't do many missions each time i play. Sometime one, sometime none. And my computer keep sending me tons of missions, and i have yet no idea if some of them are time sensitive or mutually exclusive and kind of lose track of them while spending so much time in the hub. So there is some issue about time spent in the hub. I wouldn't have mind if only half the npc had something new to say after a mission, and the other half after another mission. (and more missions). Each npc on its own rarelly have too much to say, but those npc are quite numerous.. which is good, but it eats more time. So if time was better handled, i would do two missions and one trip into the hub in each playthrough. Also, if i don't mind most of the dialogs, some are kinda redundants. Like one npc talking you about his problem, then another npc talking you about the first npc problem, then a third one talking you about the fact that the first npc has a problem. If you are into talking to every npc in the first place, you don't need to have everyone telling you to talk to the others.

My major complain so far, is, even worse than Dragonfall, you spend quite a lot of time unrelated with your main quest/main goal. They should work on it next time, pick if you are a shadowrunner that do mindless jobs, or someone that have an important goal and seek to move forward it. Not have an important goal and do mindless jobs.

Lord Andre

Arcane
The one where you get sandwiched between angry koreans and angry elves at the end.

Oh yeah, that required a bit more tactics. Basically I summoned an elemental (from the environment I think) and sent it near the elves to act as a bullet sponge, while I wiped out the koreans and moved down towards the south of the map to take defensive positions against the elves. I reloaded 2 or 3 times and pushed my Cram + Jazz panic button that I keep for when shit hits the fan. Yeah, more fights like that would of been welcome.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom