Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shadowrun Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Can you use items out of combat in Director's Cut? Or did they seriously not fix that?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
You can use medkits out of combat, go through inventory screen.

Cool. All out of medkits though, it's da drugs I'm curious about. But I can guess they haven't been able to make round-duration compatible with out of combat usage.

Great, now I have to reload the Trial Run mission from the start again because some enemies wondered into a wall and for some reason I can't proceed with the mission before I kill them all. And still no new version on Humble store. Tempted to just not remove the latest version and start all over.

Shadowfang

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
Grunker would you share your adept build with us?
I just finished with one but went low on the chi casting route. Just 4 points for stride.
I had a rough time on the first mission but it quickly became a killing machine, specially after getting my hands on some of that Ezekiel's bioware.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Sure:

0nUwh4O.jpg

Very Hard.

Was rough during the beginning (went on Loose Ends as one of the very first missions, got through it with the skin of my teeth or whatever that saying is). Right now I'm capable of dealing tons of damage but I can't hit for shit ;)

Finished the Humanis mission as for main missions. Doing Lockdown currently.

Would still like to know WTF "Pain Resistance" is. Can't find it documented anywhere.

Shadowfang

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
Chi focus is a great damage source for melee adepts. So great that i didn't even bother raising melee weps past 2.
I took some quickness and dodge for survival which helped but i guess you can spend it in body instead.
I haven't tested a dodgeless build in the director's cut yet.

Pain Resistance seems to work like the dragonslayer idol, but you get a sweet passive bonus aswell.
It looks nice but not worth the karma investment, in my opinion that is.

dryan

Arcane
Does hacking the cameras at the Humanis Policlub run serve any purpose? The only escape route seems to be filled with hostiles, it's not like they're gathered in a separate room waiting to storm in.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Does hacking the cameras at the Humanis Policlub run serve any purpose? The only escape route seems to be filled with hostiles, it's not like they're gathered in a separate room waiting to storm in.

IIRC, jacking in and gaining control of the cameras will cut down the number of enemies at a certain fight point in that mission.

dryan

Arcane

IIRC, jacking in and gaining control of the cameras will cut down the number of enemies at a certain fight point in that mission.

Will try now and report back.

Zetor

Arcane
Pain Resistance gives a passive 2 damage reduction, and if you activate it, you get an additional 3 damage reduction for 3 turns.

Damage reduction is identical to armor from a functional standpoint, but it can't be stripped away by spells/abilities.

WhiteGuts

Arcane

I think it decreases the number of enemies you have to kill, but just slightly. Hacking the turrets is absolutely worthless.

Hmm, Pain Resistance comes with zero essence cost and it sounds really useful.

Does anyone know if there is another implant with no essence cost? I seem to remember it from my previous playthrough, some kind of AP bonus implant similar to Glory's that you get as a reward for completing those phone booth data missions. But I'm not sure any more if it's from this game or some mod I was playing. If yes, did it take the body slot? I'm trying to plan my implants in advance so as not to gimp my mage too much and I found very little information about this.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Pain Resistance gives a passive 2 damage reduction, and if you activate it, you get an additional 3 damage reduction for 3 turns.

Damage reduction is identical to armor from a functional standpoint, but it can't be stripped away by spells/abilities.

Thanks!

dryan

Arcane

I think it decreases the number of enemies you have to kill, but just slightly. Hacking the turrets is absolutely worthless.

Funny thing, I didn't notice any decrease in enemies inside the facility either way. Does it affect the number of enemies outdoors, leading to the van? I faced about five of them, but I didn't go that far without hacking the camera (I was killed by the last indoors enemy batch, not because of their numbers, but because of tactical errors).

I did hack the turrets both times, and their help was underwhelming. But it was still better than nothing. It was like having an extra gimped teammate to do a little additional damage.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I always assumed the purpose of those cameras was just to let you see areas of the map and what's going on in them. So you can know what's coming.

dryan

Arcane
I always assumed the purpose of those cameras was just to let you see areas of the map and what's going on in them. So you can know what's coming.

But how would you monitor the cameras? Or are you talking about they giving you wider field of view when you pan the screen?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

But how would you monitor the cameras? Or are you talking about they giving you wider field of view when you pan the screen?

Maybe I'm remembering things incorrectly, but don't the cameras just permanently remove the fog of war from areas on the map? You don't need to do anything special to monitor them. You just scroll the view to that area of the map.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Any idea on how this thing is selling? Them releasing it right when Wasteland 2 came out was dumb and it hardly showed up in the steam top ten. Do hope they'll at least make a profit. I want to see more.

dryan

Arcane

Maybe I'm remembering things incorrectly, but don't the cameras just permanently remove the fog of war from areas on the map? You don't need to do anything special to monitor them. You just scroll the view to that area of the map.

I think you're right. Wow, I just took it for granted :lol:

dryan

Arcane
Just did Ezkibel's mission.
Are all those references to bioware along with a scientist going lunatic from watching poorly made medieval fantasy films a jab at the Bioware we know and love?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom