Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
8PHyxrk.png
qpiVLak.png
bogG2NE.png
cS1j4oA.png
QyJgFar.png

what I missed to spoil?
Super Duper Sekkrit Stiletto sex scene.
Heretic 2 <3

spekkio

Arcane
Silent Storm, hailed on the Dex as "one of the best tactical games ever made". :roll:

Epic AI at work: civilians simply love blocking junctions:

Scrn_Shot_110816_224847_1.jpg

Fags just stay there, doing nothing. You can either kill them or blow up a hole somewhere. What the fuck?

Epic level design:

Scrn_Shot_110816_225855_1.jpg

Spent 15 minutes looking around for documents (mission goal). Devs decided to put them in an alley behind a building. Fantastic.

:greatjob:

Epic game design:

Scrn_Shot_110816_230103_1.jpg

99 various ammo types (non-stackable of course) and 999 various weapons. Too bad they are "realistic", so you can just find the best ones after Mission #1 and stick to them for the entire game. What's the point of such variety, then? What's the point of enemy drops – you can just ignore their items altogether.

More epic game design. Complex tactics 101:

Scrn_Shot_160816_185905_1.jpg

Hide behind something (corner, gate, etc.), wait for enemies to come closer, pop some moles, hide. Repeat 1000 times:

Scrn_Shot_160816_185913_1.jpg

:salute:

More fantastic level design. Civilian decides to block the only entrance to the final area. Here goes our ambush against fantastic panzerklein:

Scrn_Shot_160816_201607_1.jpg

But don't worry, no weapons work against those, except some alien laser cannons you can find in random encounter:

Scrn_Shot_160816_205011_1.jpg

Scrn_Shot_160816_205358_1.jpg

:bravo:

I'm sorry, but I played better tactical games on Snes.

"But BRO, destructible environment!". :)

Yeah, you can blow shit up. Gameplay is still shit / non-existent.
And don't even start about "non-linearity". All missions boil down to: kill everything in a building and find some documents later. As long as you didn't blow them / path to them up.

Verdict:

giphy.gif

Let's check the reviews again...

0026_1.jpg

0027_1.jpg

giphy.gif

Modron

Arcane
Silent Storm, hailed on the Dex as "one of the best tactical games ever made". :roll:

Spent 15 minutes looking around for documents (mission goal). Devs decided to put them in an alley behind a building. Fantastic.

Yeah the random placement of quest items on that particular map is notoriously spotty at times, in my case it was in the attic obscured by some random crates so I didn't find it until I leveled the building with grenades and machine-guns pilfered from fallen foes.

99 various ammo types (non-stackable of course) and 999 various weapons. Too bad they are "realistic", so you can just find the best ones after Mission #1 and stick to them for the entire game. What's the point of such variety, then? What's the point of enemy drops – you can just ignore their items altogether.
I don't know rifles/mgs/smgs/pistols/melee weapons all had some progression with the best ones not being available from the start. Granted some of them were better in regards to a noticeable progression, silenced smgs/sniper rifles/melee weapons in particular. Definitely right about the ammo stacking, one of the better bolt action rifles shared ammo with one of the mgs so people commonly loaded up with mg magazines to save space.

Here goes our ambush against fantastic panzerklein:
But don't worry, no weapons work against those, except some alien laser cannons you can find in random encounter:
Plenty of rifles have enough penetration to damage PKs and hurt occupants of PKs, one of the most common strategies to salvage the better pks from special encounters involved snipers dealing fatal targeted headshot crits to the pilots in order to avoid damaging the pks too much. Beyond the traditional anti-tank weapons work as well and I am pretty sure the heavier duty mgs did as well but it's been a while.

Minus some of your edgyness your overall message was generally on point though, the challenge goes out the window as you progress in levels, skills, and gear. My favorite experience with the game was actually the demo where they just gave you middling characters and plopped them down right in the middle of a ton of germans.

spekkio

Arcane
I don't know rifles/mgs/smgs/pistols/melee weapons all had some progression with the best ones not being available from the start/
This rifle was Zinaida's initial equipment:

Scrn_Shot_110816_230103_1.jpg

Haven't found ANY better sniper rifle through the entire game. All have lower damage, some have better handling or lower cost for some actions.
Almost all weapons suffer from the same problem: you start with ones with 22-29 damage and switch to 25-33 at some point. And that's it. It may be "realistic" but makes the game boring (99% of enemy drops are shit).

Beyond the traditional anti-tank weapons work as well and I am pretty sure the heavier duty mgs did as well but it's been a while.
I expected as much, but kleins are still retarded concept, since nothing except them require such heavy wepons. There are no tanks or other vehicles for example. So the game is humans vs humans all the time and then devs want you to fail a mission (no heavy weapons), restart with grenades / heavy weapons and continue using panzers. Yawn.

More here:
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...u-wasting-time-on.50372/page-328#post-4689818

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Z8xjphE.jpg

m8P51kK.jpg

6xwXlun.jpg

I've choose the Climinal (lulz) team, you can see Roguey next to Scrooge.

7LMdEKn.jpg

mFVH79A.jpg

Warming Up. Very original boss with that chained helis around him :salute:

ttMDUt5.jpg

FRK3ehy.jpg

2GwBuIz.jpg

9c9Ec9d.jpg

B36wwmq.jpg

dBNTiyH.jpg

NmPPRf0.jpg

TqpZ63e.jpg

6f2cWtq.jpg

FJAhVNr.jpg

:shredder:

Another excellent shooter brought to you by M.A.M.E. Soundtrack is excellent too, reminds me of Capcom titles.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
5A165F97C3C3A7D2365B6DA17A89A780C3F611B1

The pyromaniac inside me is satisfied. Now to find some more god damn rags. They are more rare than anything.

Dominating carnage! :salute:

Oh yeh, and if memory serves that Colton dude sells a ton of rags/bottles, the Black Eel trader next to Silas.

A horse of course

Since I got my new baby, I decided to crank Warhammer up to Ultra and play a Beastman campaign to have a look. Oddly some stuff is still disabled, like Screen Space Reflections. I dunno if that's an artistic choice or they just consider them semi-supported options, I turned them on and off and I'm still not sure which look I prefer. MSAA (in the first screen) doesn't work on a lot of surfaces, and has some visual bugs, whilst FXAA is even blurrier than usual. Some of the battlefields look awful regardless of settings due to CA's famous piss filter to try and make certain maps look ebin. I don't know whether their implementation of MLAA is unusually good, but CA have always favoured AMD over Nvidia with the Warscape engine so it's possible.

HwZxQej.jpg
zD5CypM.jpg
RCXY6d2.jpg
RpbEMJR.jpg
2FVXFAS.jpg
K5S2Obx.jpg
6mRlEPs.jpg
j4TXfIu.jpg
GgPf4V2.jpg
FFHWaPo.jpg
LXpZ97h.jpg
bKGxWXc.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom