Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

DeepOcean

Arcane
Wot? George Washington built a pyramid? Wot?

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
h7kKhh2.jpg

DU typical alt inspection.

Au62xcn.jpg

What has been read cannot be unread.

ALkWz3e.jpg

masque_of_the_red_death_xl_01-film-b.jpg

ZBw3KSW.jpg

R8NDzZS.jpg

eNywmTI.jpg

Poor TripJack

5msj8uc.jpg

AsT5Yyi.jpg

7YmaPrr.jpg

VnnaxLo.jpg

9YahFzt.jpg

6bGTVLe.jpg

Damn you Manjuice Nutella , you almost gave me a heart attack.

lGtqTai.jpg

Since I am in the mood for some Lovecraft games I've finally wanted to finish SoTC. The very first thing I noticed is the awkward interface. I used keyboard for moving the character and keyboard shortcuts for actions. But sometimes there was a necessary part, where you need to use some item. Or one item on another one. Turns out you first click on the one, and after that the second one to finally make it work. Sometimes you must keep pressing some actions in short period of times while moving to finally trigger an action. We can see our line of sight when we move towards interesting object that can be taken. Other than that I can't complain. The labirynth under cemetary was really nicely done, some traps, dead ends (literally), but it doesn't overhelm the player and it's nicely done. The ending part of the level reminded me of Dark Corners, great moment. The whole "sandboxy" feeling of the town is great, you can talk to everyone, while updating your map (very useful feature) and read journal which updates from time to time while you gather clues. There were some really tough moments where you need to react quickly or you will see dead screen. Which you will see many times no matter what. It's a great interactive homage to Lovecraft's novels. The only thing that's been bothering me, is why the town is named Illsmouth. Next title on the list - Prisoner of Ice.

A horse of course

Wot? George Washington built a pyramid? Wot?

He ruthlessly exploits the regions outside New York and is in the process of building that Palace when you arrive. You have to incite a rebellion against him before he invades England, "irrigates the fields with their blood" and enslaves the populace - promising Bongistanti slaves to every New Yorker :lol:

dbx

Arcane
Patron
gfs_42049_2_19.jpg

Meanwhile, in 1996...

lol

Quake_III_Arena_q3dm0.png

how do i prerender?

And none of those are true mirrors, they exploited a trick that was made possible by some age old rendering techinque
( here for a more detailed explanation: http://www.flipcode.com/archives/Building_a_3D_Portal_Engine-Issue_01_Introduction.shtml and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portal_rendering )

A technique that is not used anymore because of some pretty obvious and glaring shortcomings and limitations when dealing with many other situations (e.g. exteriors, big maps etc... same limitations BSP had).

sser

Arcane
Developer
Also in 1996:

SkyNET2.png

Sniper scopes that reflect what they see.

(I thought it was cool, anyway.)

spekkio

Arcane
Rapeman - Origins

Finally!

Bullshit boss:

vlr37e5.jpg

Extremally difficult / irritating chase sequence:

WJWwbSt.jpg

ba1OBMT.jpg

Bullshit mosquito sequence:

mV2MHEA.jpg

And bullshit "normal" ending:

0pKBxI2.jpg

:decline:

With that:

2Uh7yqH.jpg

I decided to call it quits. Level leading to the "tru" ending looks bullshit as well (the race agains the tentacles).

FrvnD5D.jpg

ITZ time!

GVIXN3d.jpg

cybermen_delete_by_bboy7609-d6gtfcc.jpg

:3/5: would not play again.

:troll:

Divinity: Original Sin
And none of those are true mirrors, they exploited a trick that was made possible by some age old rendering techinque
( here for a more detailed explanation: http://www.flipcode.com/archives/Building_a_3D_Portal_Engine-Issue_01_Introduction.shtml and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portal_rendering )

A technique that is not used anymore because of some pretty obvious and glaring shortcomings and limitations when dealing with many other situations (e.g. exteriors, big maps etc... same limitations BSP had).

Just like those guns are not true guns.:troll:

Fact is, they at least made it look like a mirror. The odd part is that water in games nowadays are vey reflective.

Essegi

Cipher
Legend of Grimrock 2
ikpmiGcKCAWIe.jpg

Nice atmoshpere in cemetery.

ibbqJJn3r3fPsz.jpg

ibpBj0Rmf6PT1p.jpg

ibfX24GGiAUwrr.jpg

Wtf!!! Worst place to fall...

iCp7khXBVYenO.jpg

iUYvS6yq9Hayq.jpg

It took a while to put to eternal rest those.... Also terrain is not plain.

id7Xg3KZaqOhD.jpg

iceGCI2J0Ex57.jpg

ibyQUePiMci4DZ.jpg

ibo7wMZQCUZJ0U.jpg

iSvR3gHPvqenI.jpg

iwrsntoArWSm1.jpg

Nice 3 level zone.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Even moar Final Fantasy

Thoughts on Final Fantasy's greatest walking simulator? I honestly liked it because of the battle system. The story was okay to my memory. I can't remember much else. What do you think?

You mean FF13, right? (Because honestly, the series has always been filled with corridors.) I think it's decent, even though I have some major nitpicks too. My thoughts can be found in the FF13 JRPG forum thread starting from here.

Is nude mod already available?

Of course.

snow.jpg

:troll:

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
CB55D898F60A92D5C7D85BC056C16C870F9E67A2

E4781EEAD66703212F646351243A59EAE89BA64B

Thunder Wolves, (thanks commie).

Very nice arcade shooter. Not very long or short, perfect timing for that kind of game. 13 missions which will need 5-10 minutes to complete. The difficulty is moderate, although there are some more intense moments (airstrike part was the moment I had to restart). There is a couple of diffrent helis to choose while you make progrees, plus a little tank mission. Plus some moments where you just shoot and computer navigates us through. It's like having a vehicle on full Rambo mode where you just want to blow everything and everyone to pieces and leave the burning ashes of your enemies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom