Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

SC2 HOtS.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
That was awesome. The best replay I have ever seen and I dont even play SC2.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
And in new episode of bronze league heroes we have... Proxy hatchery. (As in, nearly in enemy base.)

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
The storyline: i watched the first cinematic with Kerrigan and Raynor :rage:

That series is killing me. First no Orbitals, then nothing but Marines who move command into a storm, then no depots, though the no depots guy managed to be better than his opponent.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
it's as if a league of legends player picked up sc2.

pan

Learned
So, zerg units being attack moved into stalkers who blink away is your idea of entertainment? Meh. If the guy recording didn't pause the game every two seconds it would have barely even lasted twenty seconds. It has nothing on the majestic video that I linked to.

Kraszu

Prophet
Or you could show, you know, the actual equivalent in terms of supply and unit type: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qB2HVUYUoJc

But I guess that isn't as fun as comparing the micro of 6 dragoons vs the 'micro' of 90 supply worth of terran infantry.

All that you do is select damaged stalker, and cast teleport behind the lines, that isn't comparable to SC:BW micro where you have to plant mines in correct places, where you have to run goons depending on what path is blocked, and depending on where the mines are located, and where you can drag the mines to kill enemy units.

In SC1 the units are rebellious assholes who you need to babysit, like in most old RTS games. In SC2 they like each other's company so much they huddle together and the micro is about avoiding the abundant AOE damage which will melt your army in less than a second.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
You can't not pool as zerg.
I wonder what a 1 pool would be exactly? Double gas + double gas steal, then spawning pool before building a single drone? Seems like a strong build.
Six pool means, you have 6 drones and you go for pool. Eight pool means you go to pool after 8 drones. As you can see in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TkHuTA3RQQ&list=UUZ8D7Qvm0YHm0vZKFl-AFdA&index=2 you start with 6 thus you can't go faster than 6 pool.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Thought it was 5 you start with. I guess you'd need to build an evo chamber as well to get down to 1 drone to build a pool at.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
No you start with 6. 6-pool is in fact punishment for a player that concentrates only on eco.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
6 pool is building 6 spawning pools in the shape of a dick then leaving the game

Idiott

Arcane

This one conveys the feeling you get when playing the campaign perfectly.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom