Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPG Codex Game of the Year 2015 - VOTING HAS BEGUN [AUTISM ALERT]

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
If only Cleve did a surprise release of GRIMWAH... I would do the GOTY voting with only 3 games.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
So far I was going to vote for Undertale for sure (sorry AoD) but now it's going to be a tough battle against Underrail. Still Undertale will prolly win lol :M

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
So far I was going to vote for Undertale for sure

That's one of the reasons women didn't have the right to vote.

2puFfOu.gif

hell bovine

Arcane

Mortmal

Arcane
What about the voting system?

I propose this system:

1st - 10 points
2nd - 5 points
3rd - 3 points
4th - 2 points
5th - 1 point

Codexers who played only 3 RPGs can combine their 3rd, 4th and 5th votes to give their 3rd game 5 points (yes, you lose a point).

Codexers who only played 1 or 2 RPGs still only give their 1st and 2nd 10 and 5 points, respectively.

Sounds a good system, there many rpg released this year and oddly more than 3 pure rpgs already. However it needs more tweaking the gap between first and second is too large. As much as i like witcher 3 does it worth 10 points , while fallout 4 the second(maybe first..) most beloved game on the dex get 5 ?

Mortmal

Arcane
When it comes to tacticool stuff I would also count Conquest of Elysium 4.
Also, how about ADOM for remaster, since it came to Steam not so long ago.
Could count thea thea's awakening too, awesome roguelike/strategy hybrid too. Never understood why action rpg gets in , but not strategy/rpg hybrids.Highly recommed people to try it .

Unwanted

Irenaeus II

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
What about the voting system?

I propose this system:

1st - 10 points
2nd - 5 points
3rd - 3 points
4th - 2 points
5th - 1 point

Codexers who played only 3 RPGs can combine their 3rd, 4th and 5th votes to give their 3rd game 5 points (yes, you lose a point).

Codexers who only played 1 or 2 RPGs still only give their 1st and 2nd 10 and 5 points, respectively.

Sounds a good system, there many rpg released this year and oddly more than 3 pure rpgs already. However it needs more tweaking the gap between first and second is too large. As much as i like witcher 3 does it worth 10 points , while fallout 4 the second(maybe first..) most beloved game on the dex get 5 ?

I like huge discrepancies in points given between first and second chosen.

Perkel

Arcane
played undertale for 2-3 hours.
interesting game until all novelty wears off (basically 1-1,5 hour) then it becomes just weebo game.
Next year no one will give a shit about it and everyone will behave like it never existed in first place.

Drudkh

Learned
Look at all these hard asses and their SitS, AoD and Underrail stripes.... What the fuck about the new Shadowrun eh? Out of the hip three i gotta go with AoD, (best combat of the year) yet the Shadowrun setting and HS's stories are still fresh.

played undertale for 2-3 hours.
interesting game until all novelty wears off (basically 1-1,5 hour) then it becomes just weebo game.
Next year no one will give a shit about it and everyone will behave like it never existed in first place.

Yeah, that game's great if you're able to get into its specific kind of humor. (it feels like all those horrible cartoon network adult swim shows) It's not even nearly as good as its source inspiration too. (the mother/earthbound jrpg series)

Perkel

Arcane
FF VI on PC should be judged.

Speaking of which from Valve help desk leak:

69024 DARK SOULS III
74693 Rise of the Tomb Raider (Pre-Purchase)
64178 FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster
71869 FINAL FANTASY VI
75298 Bad Rats Show

edit:

i think it is pretty much safe to say all Square jrpgs will land on PC eventually including Chrono Trigger and other along with FFXV and FFVIIRemake

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom