Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPG Codex Game of the Year 2015 - VOTING HAS BEGUN [AUTISM ALERT]

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
This poll and the groupings are utterly retarded and make me ashamed to be a human. Who the fuck came up with this? What kind of degenerate console weirdo would place these games in these categories? There really needs to be a lot more categories and a large purge of the blatant non-rpgs.

The fact that this poll is basically a free for all bothers me.. There are enough no life chuckle fucks on this forum that would just love to give PoE 10/5 30 times a day.
I would say that given the amount of posts and their average length, the 0/10 camp is willing to spend a lot more time voting. Thus balancing it out(at the least).

Celerity

Takes 1337 hours to realise it's shit.
Village Idiot Possibly Retarded
I gave Divinity a 1 since you so nicely trolled me by notifying me of this thread. :troll:

Shevek

Arcane
Pillars and Underrail are the best two games on the list but I bet people will go for edgypoints and vote up fringe titles. That or try to get their nihilist hipster cred by picking shitty jrpg garbage.

Bruma Hobo

Lurker
This kind of polls favors shit games that retards minorities enjoy and learning animals tend to avoid like the plague (Fallout 4, Undertale). Take for example the re-release of a 16-bit JRPG: People who despised the original or rightfully avoid that kind of games will not be able to vote against it, and the weeaboo squad will gladly give it tons of perfect scores. Also, foreigners should not be able to vote, a single thread on 4chan or Reddit could bring thousands of uneducated voters, and if that happens even this site's favorites (AoD, Underrail) will not be able to compete for the first places.

I think this poll will not represent the codex's opinion, and that we should go back to simple forum polls, without silly scores.

Tigranes

Arcane
The fact that this poll is basically a free for all bothers me.. There are enough no life chuckle fucks on this forum that would just love to give PoE 10/5 30 times a day.

Pretty sure we have more desperate people spamming 1/5s, since most POE 'lovers' have moved on while many POE 'haters' are stuck repeating durr hurr POE in every other thread.

We'll probably see idiot-votes cancel themselves out across all the games.

GlutenBurger

Cipher
I have heard of fewer than 50% of the games, and judging from many of the titles I'm pretty sure I don't want to learn about them all.

Shin

Cipher
this ranking system doesn't fit the codex

the voting options for all games should've been "shit" and "less shit"

Weasel
this ranking system doesn't fit the codex

the voting options for all games should've been "shit" and "less shit"

And no kingcomrade option (edit: wait, I guess there is Raven's Cry in the 'Best Remaster' section)

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
opened the RPG Codex GOTY poll first thing I see is
Agarest: Generations of War 2
AKIBA'S TRIP: Undead & Undressed
lolwut
what kind of gay ass poll is this? worse than RPGWatch polls.
fucking faggerts

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
All the shit and unknown games are there for the sake of completeness retards, I'm pretty sure felipe literally put every halfway-notable 2015 release in there so that if you're degenerate enough to have played Agarest 2 or Fallout 4, you can now vote for it. Not like those games being there actually makes any difference if you haven't played them.
I gave Divinity a 1 since you so nicely trolled me by notifying me of this thread. :troll:

Pity reply.

himmy

Arcane
People ITT are actually saying that no true Codexer would vote for FO4 or Witcher 3, obviously, so they should be taken out of the poll OTHERWISE THEY WILL WIN DESPITE NOBODY VOTING FOR THEM!

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
The point of having ALL TEH GAMES is to uncover less known titles that people are enjoying.

Personally, I had barely heard of AntharioN, Conquest of Elysium 4, BloodLust Shadowhunter, Voidspire Tactics, Armello and Thea: The Awakening before this, but the poll shows that they might deserve a better look...

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Yo Fairfax , would you kindly add this to the first post of the thread, just so the rules are clear:

The RPG Codex 2015 GOTY poll is open!

It will run until Friday 19, and the results of each category will be calculated via a Bayesian average*.

*To avoid DRAMA, the Bayesian average's "m" value will be the number of votes that the game at the middle of each list (sorted by vote number). For example, the Tacticool poll has 20 entries, "m" will be the number of votes the 10th most voted game got.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Keep the Wall of Shame ready if Fallout 4 doesn't win.

No 5/5 for 2015. A lot of good games came out, but nothing that totally blew me away.
Same, Underrail had a chance to be 5/5 if Deep Caverns was not so shitty designed.

Wolfe

Arbiter
Age of Decadence: :5/5:
Fallout 4: :2/5:
Pillars of Eternity: :3/5:
Serpent in the Staglands: :3/5:
Shadowrun Hong Kong: :3/5:
The Witcher 3: :5/5:
Underrail: :5/5:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Age of Decadence: :5/5:
Fallout 4: :2/5:
Pillars of Eternity: :3/5:
Serpent in the Staglands: :3/5:
Shadowrun Hong Kong: :3/5:
The Witcher 3: :5/5:
Underrail: :5/5:

Witcher 3 on the same level as AoD/Underrail !? /divide by zero

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
You're right. AoD and Underrail should both lose one troll for lack of professional voice acting and romances.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom