Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPG Codex - does not scale to your mobile?

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Crap, well, I guess I underestimated the things people do/want to do with their phones.

To be honest though, that is as much Photoshop as a pager is a phone.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
FeelTheRads said:
To be honest though, that is as much Photoshop as a pager is a phone.
Yeah that's what I thought as well. Filters isn't quite what I had in mind when I thought of Photoshop. There is still the problem with the screen being too damn small if you're actually editing stuff ON the image, not to mention that I am almost certain* the screens are nowhere near good enough for things like color balance.

But at the speed things have been going... yeah I give it another few years. In the meantime, grandpa here will stick to a laptop.

(and to think I was the one making fun of the grandfathers who kept saying laptops would never be good enough as desktop replacements... it does seem so long ago now...)

* and I am bracing myself to be corrected by Lesi...

Lesifoere

Liturgist
I actually don't like laptops. You still can't custom-build them to get them exactly the way you like ala desktops and they're just too heavy as well as too pricey. Netbooks? Shit piled on shit and still too expensive for what they are (or rather what they aren't), and trying to make them run full desktop OSes is a joke. Smartphones are approaching the point where they beat netbook specs anyway.

not to mention that I am almost certain* the screens are nowhere near good enough for things like color balance.

* and I am bracing myself to be corrected by Lesi...

Many high-end smartphones use AMOLED/SAMOLED displays, the latest and greatest from Samsung. They display true blacks and very bright, sharp colors; hold one up next to an LCD monitor and you'll notice how washed-out the LCD looks. Color balance could be an issue if it's not calibrated properly, though, but provided that it is, it gives you pretty amazing pictures.

Achilles

Arcane
For crying out loud, why do you bother with Android, Symbian and other weird stuff? Is it to feel special? Just get an iPhone like the rest of the world and be done with it. I bet you're also one of those weirdos that plays PC games when everybody games on console. I just don't understand some people.

Ptosio

Arcane
Hey guys, let's fuck off off Nokia and fuck on onto Codex for a change for it had worked just fine on my Nokia 5530 (no matter how crappy you think it is) before that sad attempt to scale to my level.

My Opera is absolutely capable of displaying any non-flash site providing the webmaster isn't pretending to be a smartass and doesn't force me to use a 'designed especially for my mobile' version of the goddammed page. Just give me the desktop version and I'll be doing fine, eh?

I know you codexians are probably Nokia haters and want to prove that my phone sucks at all cost, but imagine some claver guy one day would design flash only version of your favorite website just to show how big cocksucker your iPHONE is. I mean, just be nice.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Yeah, think I might change tack and maybe try my hand at making an app.

Below is a list of items you’ll need (*starred items are required, the rest are nice-to-have’s):
  • join the Apple iPhone Developer Program ($99) *
  • get iPhone or iPod Touch *
  • get an Intel-based Mac computer with Mac OS X 10.5.5,
  • prepare a Non-Disclosure Agreement (here’s a sample) *
  • download and install the latest version of the iPhone SDK if you don’t already have it.
  • a spiral bound notebook*
The fuck I need a spiral bound notebook for? Fuck that shit, if I can't do it with my whiteboard and regular pad than it's just not worth it.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
RPGCodex Pearls of Wisdom app, maybe?

Could have it display a different and very wise quote from Codexers everyday or something.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Ptosio said:
I know you codexians are probably Nokia haters and want to prove that my phone sucks at all cost, but imagine some claver guy one day would design flash only version of your favorite website just to show how big cocksucker your iPHONE is. I mean, just be nice.

I have an Android phone.

Its browser runs and displays Flash content flawlessly.

:smug:

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Yeah because I basically took it all out. You're now seeing default Codex with no attempt at mobile molestation.

DriacKin

Arbiter
You could just add a user option, or add a button somewhere to toggle between desktop and mobile mode.

Ptosio

Arcane
Yeah, now it works flawlessly :salute:

It's kind of cool when you think about it: I'd entered the site, hated what I saw, bitched a bit and when I entered it the next day, it was fixed.

I mean, I would even consider feeling proud of myself. Bitching's good.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom