Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Random JRPG News Thread

Hobo Elf

Arcane
It's 2017 and you still haven't got a PS4?

Which is just a crappy lowspec small factor PC with a custom FreeBSD based OS.

All those "awesome" specs and it still doesn't play Persona 5, Bloodborne or Yakuza 0 :smug:
Better than clawing your eyes out after playing games at 25 FPS.

That's 25 FPS more than the PC.

For now all those games will be running on real PCs some time in the future if not native then emulated.

How's that PS3 emulation working out for you?

(meanwhile a PS3 with a CFW is 50-100 bucks here if i really want to play it)

But I thought it was about having imaginary standards in your choice machinery? Or were you just a poorfag all along, masquerading as a PC mustard?

Last edited:

Walden

Savant
btw
9pjc.jpg
Ascertained the strong Atlus retardation, a really strong one, maybe they have/want to keep Persona a console thing for a while, and then they may actually put it on Steam(GOG is pure utopia). IMO they could have released at least Persona 4 Gold from PSVita(it's more likely than other titles) to probe the pc market with a low effort(Steam is plenty of PSVita ports of minor companies). Shin Megami Tensei, Chaterine, Dragon's Crown, such a shame.

All those "awesome" specs and it still doesn't play Persona 5, Bloodborne or Yakuza 0 :smug:

For now all those games will be running on real PCs some time in the future if not native then emulated.

But I thought it was about having imaginary standards in your choice machinery? Or were you just a poorfag all along, masquerading as a PC mustard?
Sony is such a shitty company, and ps4 is the worst console in history in my opinion. I mean, you can do what you want with your money, but pretending to be smart by buying a console to play some japanese more of the same games while playing some pc shit at the same time, and then enter on an other thread and complain about gaming industry being shit is lame.

Hyperion

Arcane
I fail to see how owning the only medium in which the few games that are not part of gaming's downward spiral are available is a problem. Bitch all you want about Japan, but their gameplay systems are usually pretty fucking fun, regardless of how close the graphics can border on pedophilia. With the exception of Nintendo and a few cases here and there, nor have they caught the SJW bug.*

*Watch as Platinum censors the upskirts in NieR:Automata because some sexually confused nerd cries on social media as this is typed.

tet666

Augur

Nah it's more about not wanting to throw away money for just 1 game, i sold my PS4 earlier last year cause Bloodborne was literally the only thing i ever played on it .

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Sony is such a shitty company, and ps4 is the worst console in history in my opinion. I mean, you can do what you want with your money, but pretending to be smart by buying a console to play some japanese more of the same games while playing some pc shit at the same time, and then enter on an other thread and complain about gaming industry being shit is lame.

Yeah, I'm merely pretending to be smart by buying a machine dedicated to the hobby I enjoy that plays all the games that I want to play. :roll:

Walden

Savant
Yeah, I'm merely pretending to be smart by buying a machine dedicated to the hobby I enjoy that plays all the games that I want to play. :roll:
Don't want to start the r3volution/powa to the people, but Atlus games are quite modest projects, in terms of budget, audience and ambitions, and buying them on that shitstation won't make it any easier to have them on pc, market seen in japan derpdevs as a last fool's hope. The only way to get out is a market crash and the return of AA projects. Surrender to Sony's blackmails isn't very clever. Every ps4 sold is a game dumbed down.
I know it can sound too exaggerated for a gaming matter, but that's it, I have no problem to live without 2 or 3 games. "But why should I have to live without??!!" You don't, enjoy these unnecessary loads of more of same shit @30fps(if you're lucky).

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Don't want to start the r3volution/powa to the people, but Atlus games are quite modest projects, in terms of budget, audience and ambitions, and buying them on that shitstation won't make it any easier to have them on pc, market seen in japan derpdevs as a last fool's hope. The only way to get out is a market crash and the return of AA projects. Surrender to Sony's blackmails isn't very clever. Every ps4 sold is a game dumbed down.
I know it can sound too exaggerated for a gaming matter, but that's it, I have no problem to live without 2 or 3 games. "But why should I have to live without??!!" You don't, enjoy these unnecessary loads of more of same shit @30fps(if you're lucky).

So you think to save the gaming industry there should be more AA projects, but then you refuse to support the AA projects that exist (i.e Atlus, even by your own words)? Sounds like the impotent rage of a poorfag. You'd probably just pirate all the Atlus games if they were on the PC.

Last edited:

Walden

Savant
Sounds like the impotent rage of a poorfag. You'd probably just pirate all the Atlus games if they were on the PC.
Piracy is a serious business on pc, then you have to wait 3 hours just to install a game and it crashes.. and how can you play devil may cry with mouse.. and it's dangerous.. beware of viruses:lol:
Then the "U'RE POOR M8!!" topic. Ahh, well, I'm done here.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Piracy is a serious business on pc, then you have to wait 3 hours just to install a game and it crashes.. and how can you play devil may cry with mouse.. and it's dangerous.. beware of viruses
Thank god.

Walden

Savant
Piracy is a serious business on pc, then you have to wait 3 hours just to install a game and it crashes.. and how can you play devil may cry with mouse.. and it's dangerous.. beware of viruses
Thank god.
Didn't see your poor edit, but still, don't want to waste my time with shitty and low effort replies in return.

Walden

Savant
The move to PC is inevitable. NIS, XSEED already lead the way, Squeenix following behind. Atlus is just slow.

Anyway, Trails to Zero and to Azure appeared on Greenlight... in chinese

If you look carefully, its the chinese localization/porting partner, not Falcom itself. Wouldn't get my hopes up.
True. Now they're focused on Cold Steel 3, and I heard they completed its localization(ps4 version) and now they're editing. I'm still waiting Trails in the Sky the 3rd though.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Rumors Swirl That Scalebound Is In Trouble

nbindg2if0ja1n63msuy.jpg

Scalebound, the much-hyped Platinum-developed action game that was previously scheduled for Xbox One and PC, is in trouble and may be cancelled, according to several sources.

We expect the official announcement shortly. When reached by Kotakutoday, Microsoft sent over a brief statement: “We’ll have more to share on ‘Scalebound’ soon.”

From what we hear, Scalebound, an ambitious game directed by iconic Twitter blocker and Bayonetta director Hideki Kamiya, had been in development hell for a long time. Microsoft first announced the game nearly three years ago, during the Xbox press conference at E3 2014. It rose to the top of dozens of “Most Anticipated Games” lists but was delayed several times.

We hadn’t heard or seen anything of Scalebound in recent months, and it was curiously missing from an Xbox Wire post last week that talked about the future of Xbox One. Microsoft has also removed the official Scaleboundpage from the Xbox website.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...um-part-ways-on-scalebound-development-ceased

Sources: Microsoft and Platinum part ways on Scalebound, development ceased
After more than four years of work.

Development of Xbox One exclusive Scalebound has ceased after more than four years.

jpg

Multiple sources have confirmed to Eurogamer that Microsoft and developer Platinum Games have parted ways on the project, and that work concluded before the end of 2016.

This tallies with a just-published Kotakureport which states the game is currently in trouble, and possibly cancelled.

Scalebound was last seen in public back at Gamescom 2016 in August. Since then, the relationship between Microsoft and Osaka-based developer Platinum Games dramatically soured.

Work on the game took a serious knock last autumn, Eurogamer sources say, when several senior members of the development team were forced to take a month away from the pressure of the project's heavy workload.

These project members then returned, but Scalebound was now behind schedule. With continuing issues surrounding the game's engine and overdue deadlines, the decision was made that the project could no longer continue.

It's unclear whether Scalebound could still be revived by Platinum, but as we understand it, work on the project as we know it has now concluded. Eurogamer has asked Microsoft for comment.

Scalebound was the brainchild of Resident Evil 2, Devil May Cry, Okami and Bayonetta director Hideki Kamiya.

Originally announced via an eye-catching cinematic trailer back at E3 2014, it wasn't until Gamescom 2015 that Microsoft narrowed down an initial release window of "holiday 2016". In January last year, Microsoft pushed this release date back to a vague "2017" placheholder.

Early work on Scalebound dates back far further, however. Platinum had plans for one version of the game as early as 2006, Kamiya previously told Eurogamer. Another attempt was made to pitch it to publishers after the 2009 release of Bayonetta.

It wasn't until 2013 that work began on Scalebound as we know it, after Kamiya completed work on Wii U exclusive The Wonderful 101 for Nintendo.

Scalebound was to have starred a human protagonist (controlled in third-person) and a dragon sidekick (controlled in first-person). The latter could be given guidance to move or attack, or could be controlled directly.

It had a large open-world, four-player co-op and "the biggest boss fight Platinum has ever done". It was also coming to Windows 10, Microsoft announced last year.

When we last saw Scalebound, back at Gamescom, it looked in promising shape. Kamiya and producer Jean-Pierre "JP" Kellams were in good spirits. The pair joked with us about Kamiya's notoriously spiky Twitter persona.

I asked at the time what would come next - Scalebound 2 or Bayonetta 3? "We're guns for hire," Kamiya responded. And once again, they are.

:hero:

Hobo Elf

Arcane
mRVfxnj.png

Game looked like a giant piece of shit, though I feel bad for Kamiya since this was his dream project that he always wanted to make

lightbane

Arcane
That's not the first time a Japanese developer is forced to leave due mental problems. Didn't the same thing happen with FFXII?
I guess they're overworked even beyond what the Japs can withstand.

Red Rogue

Learned
Damn, what a shame. I was giving them the benefit of the doubt that they'd work out all the technical issues.
It's sad to see any sort of project like this never see the light of day. It's one thing to decide if a game is good or not, it's another matter to have never gotten the chance at all.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Of course it hurts Platinum. Other than Nier they don't seem to have anything else going on and their previous few releases haven't been exactly stellar, with the TMNT game being an absolute shitshow. They seem to have a similar predicament as Obsidian.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom