Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Random JRPG News Thread

Discussion in 'jRPG Weeaboo Discussion' started by Crooked Bee, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Crooked Bee wide-wandering bee Patron

Crooked Bee
    Parrots:
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Click here and disable ads!
    Index of games mentioned in this thread, updated 27 Oct 2015 (compiled by Nazrim Eldrak):

Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
    • Brofist Brofist x 8
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Crooked Bee wide-wandering bee Patron

Crooked Bee
    Parrots:
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    On that note, GameArts are doing a survey to gauge interest in possible PC ports of their games like Grandia, Lunar and Ragnarok Odyssey:

http://gamearts.pgtb.me/G11qsW

Gonna fill it in now.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  3. LJ40 Learned

LJ40
    Parrots:
    Filled out. Lunar on PC would be pretty cool I guess. But...

"What features do you find the most important for a PC port?"
    -DRM

I hope they can fill it with enough DRM to satisfy me.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Siveon Arcane Patron

Siveon
    Parrots:
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Wouldn't mind seeing a Grandia 1 and 2 PC port, straight from the Sega consoles without any sort of stuttering problems and the like. Lunar too, but more likely than not they would have to throw away the Working Designs localization for the PSP one. Kind of a bummer.

^ Top  
  5. Athelas Arcane

Athelas
    Parrots:
    Ports of the Grandia games would be cool, especially if modders could toy around with the rather interesting combat system. Lunar too (hopefully it won't be the awful PSP version).

^ Top  
  6. CryptRat Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

CryptRat
    Parrots:
    Grandia 2 has a pc port (I haven't tested it but from what I have read it is a rather good port).

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
    ^ Top  
  7. Niektory one of some Patron

Niektory
    Parrots:
    I recall having problems with Grandia 2's PC port. But I don't remember the details, it was a long time ago.

^ Top  
  8. HotSnack Cipher

HotSnack
    Parrots:
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  9. Crooked Bee wide-wandering bee Patron

Crooked Bee
    Parrots:
    Good to see the 3DS get some more games in the EU.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  10. Crooked Bee wide-wandering bee Patron

Crooked Bee
    Parrots:
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  11. Siveon Arcane Patron

Siveon
    Parrots:
    ^ Top  
  12. Siveon Arcane Patron

Siveon
    Parrots:
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. LESS T_T Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Parrots:
    Codex 2014
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Crooked Bee wide-wandering bee Patron

Crooked Bee
    Parrots:
    Is it any good?

^ Top  
  15. index.php Augur

index.php
    Parrots:
    I don't think it's worth buying. It's included in Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection (PSP) which is IMO the definitive version of the game.

^ Top  
  16. Crooked Bee wide-wandering bee Patron

Crooked Bee
    Parrots:
    New trailer for Imperial SaGa:

An f2p browser game... RIP SaGa series :(

Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess
    arrives in Europe on July 17th for PS4, PS3, and Vita. I never played any of the Deception games; Wikipedia has the genre listed as "action strategy RPG" for what it's worth.

Live action trailer:

:hmmm:

^ Top  
  17. Crooked Bee wide-wandering bee Patron

Crooked Bee
    Parrots:
    ^ Top  
  18. Blackguard Learned

Blackguard
    Parrots:
    There is also actual SaGa game coming. Though I don't think pretty much anything has been revealed about it since the announcement.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Crooked Bee wide-wandering bee Patron

Crooked Bee
    Parrots:
    ^ Top  
  20. Crooked Bee wide-wandering bee Patron

Crooked Bee
    Parrots:
    Carpe Fulgur's new translation project is... a growth simulation game? Wut.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/320090

It's due out May 25.

Full description:

Also, blog post: http://www.carpefulgur.com/drakblog/?p=55

Not sure what to make of this one. I am going to buy it because Carpe Fulgur, but yeah.

UPDATE: There's a demo available btw: http://store.steampowered.com/app/366820/ Maybe I'll try it tomorrow.

Last edited: May 7, 2015
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  21. Siveon Arcane Patron

Siveon
    Parrots:
    Of course Bee is still a fan. I swear after that whole censorship deal I can't mention Fortune Summoners or Reccettear without someone bitching about Fulgur's escapades.
    Show Spoiler
    And here I am doing the same, sort of.

---

Just downloaded the demo now, sounds strange as hell, but I'll try it.

^ Top  
  22. Crooked Bee wide-wandering bee Patron

Crooked Bee
    Parrots:
    I actually had no idea about any censorship thing so I googled it and it looks like they added towels to the bathing scene in Fortune Summoners... and that's it?

^ Top  
  23. Siveon Arcane Patron

Siveon
    Parrots:
    Yup, and people are still whining about it.

...As far as I know anyway. There's probably more to it than that , but I don't feel like digging anything up.

Last edited: May 7, 2015
    ^ Top  
  24. Monstrous Bat Arbiter

Monstrous Bat
    Parrots:
    Kaga Shouzou, AKA that guy who made Fire Emblem, just announced that he's cooperating with a few familiar figures in making a new game... with some software called the "SRPG Studio".

Kaga said he would release the game for free when (if) he finishes it.

But he also said that the project was suffering from severe shortages of art materials, particularly unit chips and battle animations. He actually went as far as asking fans to donate materials (musics, arts, effects, etc.) compatible with the SRPG Studio.

Personally I'm rather sceptical of the final quality of the game (provided it would be finished at all), but nevertheless I wish the old man luck on his endevour. It's nice to see that not all legends of old have fallen to making mobile games and MMORPGs.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. felipepepe Prestigious Gentleman Codex's Heretic Patron

felipepepe
    Parrots:
    Seems like we might have the Tales of series on PC: http://operationrainfall.com/2015/05/07/tales-of-symphonia-pc-rated-esrb/

Please release Tales of Abyss for the PC, I will personally hijack the Codex's voting and make it GOTY just to see the butthurt. :3

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)