Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

*redacted*

Cassidy

Arcane
*redacted*

Last edited:
Well, if we wanted to recruit more allies among the natives, this is what we would expect to happen, wouldn't we? The locals declaring us gods, maybe finding a kingdom that is sick of status quo and that we can use - history really isn't my strong side, but isn't that the way things played out in reality as well? I think Cortez did this this way (of course, he had guns...) and we do have a shiny breastplate, so I'm going with 1 for now.

Though I'd really prefer if we went to the city with at least some troops. One day of wait for our men to catch up won't make that big of a difference I hope. The other choices, well what do we expect to find in the swaps? Charging blindly through unknown jungle sounds like a recipe for disaster. And as for killing them all, why? We just risk creating another enemy on top of our problems.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Thr swamp is a trap. Its full of french vampires and fairies and other unsavory crap. Dont go there!

Cassidy

Arcane
Though I'd really prefer if we went to the city with at least some troops. One day of wait for our men to catch up won't make that big of a difference I hope. The other choices, well what do we expect to find in the swaps? Charging blindly through unknown jungle sounds like a recipe for disaster. And as for killing them all, why? We just risk creating another enemy on top of our problems.

The main character still does not understand the language of the natives and if they go back, they will lose the chance to follow a group of those heading through the road. Going alone they may not end having such a friendly reception they just had, while if they follow the natives heading to what can only be a larger settlement, they will be vouched for by the same ones they are following. This is why there is no option to go back with an army, furthermore if you want to have a small army following you, you might as well go full Aguirre on this and exterminate the

Mayans

As for the reason such "kill everyone" kind of options even exist:

Result of the situation of Freyjanna's sanity.

Or did you think there would be no consequences after seeing everything Angartýr saw, being tortured and almost eviscerated by Eldritch horrors, played with by the Devourer, ending killing her own mother in a berserkergang because her mother converted to Christianity and she wasn't aware of her presence amidst the order infiltrated in the City, and this not counting the elephant in the room of Angartýr ending like

:codexisforindividualswithgenderidentityissues:

I only did not mention phantom limb problems involving a missing dick because I'm not RK47.

For the time being, going ax-crazy can be avoided, but it will almost always exist as an option. However, depending on your choices in certain situation, if the rolls for SAN start failing again, eventually the choices in this IF will be of what insane thing to do rather than of whether try several reasonable approaches or something insane.

Last edited:
The main character still does not understand the language of the natives and if they go back, they will lose the chance to follow a group of those heading through the road. Going alone they may not end having such a friendly reception they just had, while if they follow the natives heading to what can only be a larger settlement, they will be vouched for by the same ones they are following. This is why there is no option to go back with an army, furthermore if you want to have a small army following you, you might as well go full Aguirre on this and exterminate the

Mayans
I see. Well in that case I hope some of our cavalry can follow after us. Our personal safety aside (and I do have some major concerns there given that we don't actually speak their language), if we are looking for allies, it would be helpful if the other side knows we do have an army already and we didn't come to negotiate with nothing to show.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Not feeling the dread that usually marks the dread gods? Seems Freyjanna is somewhat safe. Though it might be foolish, I vote option

Yeah, I see the point in voting either 1 or 2. 1 because there doesn't seem to be any imminent threat and the goal of all this was to recruit allies. And 2 because we don't actually know their language, so how are we going to communicate with the king? But I suppose we could learn the language just as easily (if not more so) in the city as waiting by the entrance. I don't know how much a few extra soldiers would help us if we mange to piss of an entire kingdom anyway.

dab

Augur
Project: Eternity
2 - it will be hard to communicate without knowing language and even is Freyjanna fails to convince them to get the 4 people inside she would at least learn some language...

Elfberserker

Liturgist

I am kind of hoping that the chief might speak some sort of language that we know, however how small chance that is. In other words YOLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Well, that's natives for ya. On the plus side, they'll make perfect allies - utterly disposable.

4 > 1

I'm going with 4 because I'm really interested in what would happen. Would that convince the king we are a god?

edit:

2 > 4

Maybe 2 would be the correct choice? After all, the priest didn't tell us drink, that was just Freyjanna's bloodlust. She does seem a bit on the crazy side when around blood.

Last edited:

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Character forming question here. Do we give in? Do we fight it? Do we fight them?

1; give in, will probably mean we get slightly more grimdark choices later
2; fight back, but don't kill needlessly, - the "pure" choice
3; fight back, with a vengeance, - a different kind of bloodthirst
4; give in, with a twist, definitely more grimdark choices later. Also, a high priest might very well be their leader. Could backfire.
5; PURGE THE HERETIC!! Total fuck option.

Of these I'm not sure which I prefer. I'll abstain for now.

dab

Augur
Project: Eternity
because it might have most interesting consequences - and besides since Freyjanna is supposed to be a god(dess) incarnate a sacrifice made out of highest priest seems more appropriate than out of random slave
and also it makes a tie vote and everybody loves that

Fangshi

Arcane
I am not sure 4 would actually impress them. From what little I understand on the issue being a sacrifice was considered a "good" thing. The removal of the heart freed it from the confines of the body and allowed it to ascend to one of the better heavens. I don't know what if anything draining him would do. Also given Freyjanna's frail mental health and natural urges it may be better to refuse...

I don't like 5 since we probably will have to play the followers of the dark gods off one another to have any shot at winning, which would probably be 1 but it will probably cost us a bit of sanity as well. No reason to assume the moral high ground here. 1 is reasonable, 3 seems fairly close to 4 but we might end up fighting our way out of the city.

2, it is the boring choice but probably the sane one so...

2>3

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom