Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. It has come to this administration's attention that brofists are divisive, and encourage the formation of agenda-based brofist cliques. The RPGCodex strives to provide a welcoming forum experience for all fans of the genre, and brofists are hindering this mission's success. In light of this, brofist functionality has been removed so as to create a new, better, Codex browsing experience.

We further advise our members not to attempt circumvention of this removal by reverting to the old and just as divisive method of creating empty posts of "+1" and "what he said." Such posts only seek to further a culture of exclusion where select users may end up feeling discomfort or emotional trauma. These posts will be considered spam and thus a banable offense. The Codex administration seeks to provide a safe and secure posting environment where the needs of the minority outweigh the needs of the agenda-reproducing majority.
  2. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Playing with Chris Avellone's Fallout PnP cards

Discussion in 'RPG Codex News & Content Comments' started by DarkUnderlord, Jan 1, 2014.

1. DarkUnderlord Bringing that old Raptor magic.

DarkUnderlord
    Look into the Codex and the Codex looks into you
    Click here and disable ads!
    Tags: Chris Avellone; Fallout 3 (Van Buren)

In relation to this and this on Twitter, these arrived two days ago but I only got around to scanning them today:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If anyone’s ever curious:

- We used them while training/testing PNP rules for Van Buren (the 1st iteration).

- The First Aid cards and Doctor cards represented how many people could “use” per session depending on their skill level.

- The Pip Points were similar to XP in Numenera – you could gain them by doing cool things during the adventure, and then spend them to reroll a die if need be during the game session (it was basically a reward for role-playing and participation).

Chris​

They're getting added to the Codex hoard of goodies we're collecting as a result of all the KickStarter stuff. If you would like to win them or something, I am now taking suggestions.

That sticky note is never getting removed.
    ^ Top  
  2. Excidium P. banal

Self-Ejected
  3. Curious_Tongue Arcane Patron

Curious_Tongue
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands
    Do they have his scent on them?
    ^ Top  
  4. mindx2 Arcane Patron

mindx2
    Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    DarkUnderlord - This is the Codex so begging seems to be a more appropriate response instead of:
    :troll:

Seriously, those are too cool. Would love to add them to my collection! Maybe add them to the W2 or P:E goodies that you'll be giving away?
    ^ Top  
  5. hexer Magister

hexer
    Maybe one could be "won" by my team once we ship our Van Buren mod for Fallout 2 ;)
    ^ Top  
  6. Excidium P. banal

Self-Ejected
    You mean never?
    ^ Top  
  7. hexer Magister

hexer
    Why?
    ^ Top  
  8. Excidium P. banal

Self-Ejected
    It's a bit too ambitious.
    ^ Top  
  9. hexer Magister

hexer
    I know but I like big projects like these so I'm not intimidated by it. I wouldn't start or even go public about it knowing that I can't pull it off.
    As a (veteran) Fallout fan, I know exactly how many times we were disappointed in the past so I'm not here to rub salt into anyone's wounds.
    ^ Top  
  10. DwarvenFood Arcane Patron

DwarvenFood
    Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
    This is fucking awesome.
    ^ Top  
  11. MrEvilGuy Educated

MrEvilGuy
    Give them me
    ^ Top  
  12. SerratedBiz Augur

SerratedBiz
    ^ Top  
  13. St. Toxic Arcane

St. Toxic
    These rightfully belong to the FMF mod team for recreating the true Fallout 3 experience. :salute:
    ^ Top  
  14. Irxy Arbiter

Irxy
    Project: Eternity
    Just sell them on ebay and spend the money on hookers.
    ^ Top  
  15. Haba Harbinger of Decline Patron

Haba
    Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    So DU... Honestly now.

That post-it.

Did you smell it?
    Did you kiss it?
    Did you maybe... lick it a bit?
    ^ Top  
  16. Quilty Liturgist

Quilty
    I suggest a drawing competition! Perhaps DU could paste a few interesting combat descriptions from Fallout, and the competitors have to try and draw the scene. Has potential for some hilarity.
    ^ Top  
  17. idonthavetimeforthiscrap Vocal User Patron

idonthavetimeforthiscrap
    Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera
    i suggest a beauty contest for the best legs
    ^ Top  
  18. mindx2 Arcane Patron

mindx2
    Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    DarkUnderlord Have you thought anymore about getting these in the hands (figuratively speaking in my case ;)) of one of your loyal Codexers?
    ^ Top  
  19. DragoFireheart My custom tag should say "Impotent Cunt". Undisputed Queen of Faggotry

DragoFireheart
    Remind me of Monopoly cards.
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above links helps us pay the hosting bills)