Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RTS Planetary Annihilation: Titans Released

grdja

Augur
Wait for beta and more meet of game to materialize before asking. Play SPRING in meantime. Even if you are playing pirated FA over vLAN Chris Taylor doesn't deserve anyone to play his games any more. SupCom2, Demigod, Space Siege... he needs to be laughed at and ignored. Most of quality has left GPG, some to Uber.

Endemic

Arcane
Wait for beta and more meet of game to materialize before asking. Play SPRING in meantime. Even if you are playing pirated FA over vLAN Chris Taylor doesn't deserve anyone to play his games any more. SupCom2, Demigod, Space Siege... he needs to be laughed at and ignored. Most of quality has left GPG, some to Uber.

Well in the meantime I'll be playing Forged Alliance on FAF (the community equivalent of GPGNet).

Data4

Arcane
Not liking the basketball-sized planets. What's the point of making it "Planetary" if the geography is about the size of a midwestern suburb? Hell, flatten them out and SupCom2 maps would cover a larger area.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I wrote something that large 10 years ago. The CPU speed will not be pretty. Now look at these small planets, look at how slow it's because they are significantly worse designers/programmers than me, and imagine how slow it would be when they would add that shooting from another planet.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I wrote something that large 10 years ago. The CPU speed will not be pretty. Now look at these small planets, look at how slow it's because they are significantly worse designers/programmers than me, and imagine how slow it would be when they would add that shooting from another planet.
what have you designed, list game title, pbublisher, year, your contribution, opinion on your work/commentary

MoLAoS

Fuck you, Demigod was great. They just sucked at network programming and shit. I have no opinion on the other 2 games you mentioned.

Angthoron

Arcane
Demigod was an okay DOTA-like.

Space Siege, on the other hand, is horrible.

MoLAoS

Demigod had fun heroes that played differently, thus putting it far above bullshit like LoL.

Endemic

Arcane
The impression I got was Demigod was an expensive project that didn't break even, and contributed to the collapse of GPG.

Misconnected

Savant
Disregarding the technical difficulties, Demigod was amazing. And SupCom2, while not remotely like the game everyone outside GPG hoped for, was a pretty good RTS. No clue what Space Siege even is... Dungeon Siege in spaaace? If so, the other Dungeon Siege games sucked ass too.

Angthoron

Arcane
Disregarding the technical difficulties, Demigod was amazing. And SupCom2, while not remotely like the game everyone outside GPG hoped for, was a pretty good RTS. No clue what Space Siege even is... Dungeon Siege in spaaace? If so, the other Dungeon Siege games sucked ass too.
Pretty much that, but with 9000% more suck.

I actually got it for 50 cents, planning to make a mock review and ended up wishing I gave those 50 cents to some drunk instead.

Psquit

Arcane
Pretty much that, but with 9000% more suck.

I actually got it for 50 cents, planning to make a mock review and ended up wishing I gave those 50 cents to some drunk instead.

50 cents? how cheap is the booze?.

Edit: ohh, misread.

Astral Rag

Arcane
lolqblgy.png

:eek:

People are willing to pay 55€ (!) for the privilege of tinkering with a BETA?

The mind boggles.

Last edited:

DeepOcean

Arcane
lolqblgy.png

:eek:

People are willing to pay 55€ (!) for the privilege of tinkering with a BETA?

The mind boggles.
It's second place on steam top sellers. There must be alot of Total Annihilation fans out there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom