Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Planescape torment.

Grifthin

Educated
I'm getting my new copy of plane scape torment this week. I'm so fucking psyched!
So - who was your favourite party members from PS:T ?

Serpent in the Staglands Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
mitch-pileggi09.jpg

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
Morte. Good tank, original weapons (teeth and curses), nice dialogue lines that unlock both interesting backgound and better stats.

relootz

Scholar
Michael T Weiss, Mitch pileggi, John de Lancie, Keith David, Sheena Easton.

What a killer voice line-up man.

PS:T is just zé awesome.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Morte was nice. But truth be told I haven't felt much for any party member. Somehow their stories didn't move me

relootz

Scholar
DriacKin said:
relootz said:
PS:T is just zé awesome.
Except for the combat. That part is just god awful.

You would gladly take a game with shows only numbers as combat to get another PS:T, dont deny it.

Planescape Torment is the magnus opus of the RPG.

made

Arcane
They were all awesome, all unique, all interesting in their own way.

Annah would probably be my least favorite out of the bunch.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
relootz said:
Planescape Torment is the magnus opus of the RPG.
I must disagree. As far as 'role' playing is concerned I couldn't ever understand/feel Nameless One. Yes, it was a great story. But it wasn't ME playing it, it was him.

Grifthin

Educated
Is it just me or Morte remind you of the skull from Monkey island ?

"I will stride through the gates of hell!"

"stride ?"

"roll through the gates of hell!"

Good times.

Fudus

Novice
Whenever I try to play it, the horrible combat and the UI turns me off. The camera was way too close to the ground.

Whose bright idea was it to have lots of text in a small font in a small window in a terrible font...

relootz

Scholar
Fudus said:
Whenever I try to play it, the horrible combat and the UI turns me off. The camera was way too close to the ground.

Whose bright idea was it to have lots of text in a small font in a small window in a terrible font...

Ghostdogs mod can change font(size)

hiver

Shut up!

Now i want to play it again.

Morte, Ignus and Dakkon.
Fall from grace and Annah were also good. Modron was good now that i think of it, And Vhailor has something to him.

All together - best companions ever made.

Shut up!

Elzair

Cipher
Why do people think PST has horrible combat? What is so horrible about it?

Melcar

Arcane
To me it always felt like BG combat, but a bit less refined. I don't really have a problem with combat in PS:T, but then again I don't really go into combat that often in that game.

A user named cat

Nothing is horrible about it, it's just bland and could've been more. Still better than your average Diablo clone or even The Witcher for that matter.

lightbane

Arcane
Combat was rather avoidable and a minor inconvenience if you go Mage with their uber-powerful spells...

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Fudus said:

Die in a fire.

As far as 'role' playing is concerned I couldn't ever understand/feel Nameless One. Yes, it was a great story. But it wasn't ME playing it, it was him.

Trouble relating with people in general?

Except for the combat. That part is just god awful.

It's not far behind BG/IWD. So while it's nothing special, the usual reputation is easily exaggerated.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom