Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Places your bets: Fallout 4 Metascore

What will be the Fallout 4 Metascore range?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lemming42

Arcane
Writing MetaCritic review, torn between giving it 0/10 to drag the score down or 4/10 because that's the score it deserves.

This a hundred times. I hate Bethesda more for allowing Obsidian to do New Vegas. New Vegas was fucking brilliant, got raped in reviews, now game journos and people on the internet only ever talk about Fallout fucking 3 and Bethesda's Fallout 4 learned nothing from New Vegas, while declining on everything from Fallout 3.

They were determined to decline. Their goals when making Fallout 4 were to decline as much as they fucking could.
In July IGN surprised me with this article:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/07/24/the-best-fallout-games
Of course placing 3 above 1 is tremendously stupid, but at least they placed 2 and NV about that turd.

Frozen

Arcane
I gave it a 6 like a shitty FPS.
Its playable even if not fun.
0 for me goes only if a game is not playable or is giving you a finger in some shape&form.
But everything beyond 7 for this is tardism.

Lemming42

Arcane
Four points for what exactly?

Decent gun combat, reasonable enemy variety with enemies that do feel distinct from each other and require different strategies*. Not really anything else. It's a low 4, it'll probably go lower by the time I finish, I've only played 6 hours so far and I'm already sick to death of it.

*I say strategy, but there isn't any strategy involved outside hammering VATS. It's just stuff like radscorpions burrowing up behind you, ghouls requiring precise headshots because they ignore missing limbs, Super Mutants inexplicably having suicide bombers etc.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
The troll reviews are really dumb to be honest. Tell it like it really is. Lack of any cRPG mechanics (of which New Vegas has TONS of). The removal of skill systems, skill checks etc...

This IS the codex after all... :M

Necroscope

Arcane
Codex 2014
4.9!
skeltw2.gif

gestalt11

Arbiter
The score will be pretty high, the "critic" cock-sucking has been pretty hardcore so far. I looked at a few reviews and they were utterly shallow, yeah big surprise. So its gonna be close to 90 or so.

User score I am not so sure, there are many hardcore fanboys, but at the same time its possible Bethesda pisses off a lot of people with various bugs. But for the professional whores, I mean, critics the fix is in.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I've played for a couple of hours now. It's one of the very few games to have caused me to cringe.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Do you think they care for score if it just destroyed Dota and CS:go on steam, meaning it sold in whopping numbers.

Fallout 4 is the first game in history to dethrone dota from 1st place on steam.

smSVyev.png

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Yeah they do if half of those people demand refunds.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom