Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pillars of Eternity Patch 1.10 Introduces Turn-based Combat Mode, Overhauls Attribute System

Stokowski

Arcane

almondblight

Arcane
Kind of surprised so many people are upset about this. "Tim Cain shoehorning turn-based combat into a real-time game at the last minute! Second time's the charm!"

Drowed

Arcane
butthurt.jpg

Corrected.

(Not you, but to better represent this thread.)

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
Scammers. Making a crappy micro heavy systhem was Sawyer's excuse to turn it into a turn based one as soon as he could. They won't even bother with RtwP in the next one.

Riding on the infinity games popularity for this...

But why do I get a feeling the newspost is bullshit?

oh right...

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I suppose it doesn't come as a complete surprise. After all, this is what Tim Cain said to mindx2 in our Codex PAX East interview:

Tim: I love turn-based games. This actually goes back to something Chris was saying, when I worked on South Park… right when I arrived there it was a real-time game and one of the things I was asked was to make it turn-based. It’s easy to turn real-time systems into turn-based ones, so I’m just throwing that out there [as he looks towards the other team members].

[laughter]

Tim: I’m familiar with a lot of these systems in Pillars and how to convert them. Again I’m just saying that…​
Thus they placed a lipstick on a pig.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I felt a radiant flower blossoming inside of me. Only for it to be furiously stomped on by the ridiculous boots of folk tradition mere seconds after.

Last edited:

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
OMG... I am seriously pissed now.

I was happy =)
Now i'm sad =(

Damn you codex.... Ive never fell for one of these april fools mock ups until now...And it hurts...

Kalasanty11

Learned
I can be rather naive at times, but it took me entire two seconds to realize it's a joke. Guess I'm improving. It was a good joke though, during those two seconds I rose to Mount Everest of joy and fell to the Mariana Trench of disappointment.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom