Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pillars of Eternity Beta Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

polo

Magister

rougey?

Got bored and left

can we disable/remove those bars over the heads?

I'm pretty sure you can. At least that was supposed to be the case, I hope toggling various bits of the UI on and off made it into the game.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Bad news about the performance in larger levels

Roby Atadero said:
The majority of the work seemed to be the rendering which is a bit hard to reduce at this point. We went and optimized a few other component updates that we saw were showing up on the radar (nothing huge but, every millisecond helps).

And, the AI was optimized a good amount as mentioned before.

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
So, rogues with one-handed weapons... I picked Savage Assault, Bloody Slaughter, Two Weapon Style, Dirty Fighting and one other talent which name I forgot, it converts hits to crits. Now I have decent damage output compared to BB Fighter (because of crits). Still, after I stole his crossbow, I was getting like x2 more damage. This things are slow but absolutely brutal. It seems that my favourite swashbuckler build from BG2 is going to be useless here...

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Yeah, Bloody Slaughter is OP atm, it's being tuned down.

I have asked for 1H style to be bumped up - QA was using it back when damage calc was bugged and Hearth Orlan Minor Threat was bugged.

I think they were doing something like 1H Rogue Hearth Orlan with Battle Axes and Bloody Slaughter (all OP)

so Josh nerfed 1H style and Battle Axes.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Too bad I can never look at this avatar the same way after Roguey using it. :(

Anyway, watched the Arv stream/interview with Josh, and I got plenty of reinforcement that the game will be heaven for me. Looks great, and looking at the stream it will play great.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
My laptop is barely able to run D:OS, will it be able to run Pillars?

D:OS is fully 3d, this should be way lower. IIRC they said they got it running on a tabled so it should be fine. AFAIK they haven't posted the actual minimum requirements yet.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom