Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Pre-Release Thread [BETA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Sherry

Arcane
Hi.

Sawyer said:

"You will be able to import your endgame saves from Pillars of Eternity—at the very end of the game, Pillars creates a 'complete' savegame," Sawyer explained. "However, if you don't have a save to import or if you simply want to set your own start states, there will be a cool way for you to do so."

Maybe we could have a Pillars of Eternity file sharing page here where all of us who finished the game can offer our end save game. So someone could play with the choices I made and I could play with the choices someone else made and mix and match different choices for playing Deadfire.

Even a webpage on Obsidian where we could upload our end save game and it reads the data and spits out a personalized webpage of the choices we made if some people cannot remember to refresh how and where our adventure went so we know when Deadfire comes out.

Thanks,
Randal

Delterius

Arcane
yAdhUpa.png

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
What a freakshow. Carrie Patel as narrative designer, that's like hiring a janitor. Dmitri Berman has bright lipstick on his lips and mascara on the eye lashes.

Freakshow.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
give the player clearer choices, and let them know when they’re approaching consequences for the choices they made.

Worrying. Sounds a bit like "EDER WILL REMEMBER THAT!"

Also, Josh doesn't get that many likes/retweets.

Fry

Arcane
Backed. Naturally. I have the willpower of a crackhead.

I don't like seeing the "stretch goals" teaser. Hopefully they learned something and don't throw in silly bullshit.

AN4RCHID

Arcane
What a freakshow. Carrie Patel as narrative designer, that's like hiring a janitor. Dmitri Berman has bright lipstick on his lips and mascara on the eye lashes.

Freakshow.
:lol: Carrie was a narrative designer on the first game and DLC

Doma

Augur

Perkel

Arcane
1225 backer...

You have my sword. Expectation BG2 equivalent.

Also worth noting is that they will be in black when they will sell 400k copies of the game.
Also FIG INVEST says it will be released only on PC

my thoughts on trailer:

- much improved graphics
- animations are v. good
- liked environments.
- shedules.
- they got rid of Caed Nua. Glad they did. Hope ship or whatever replaces it won't be just sink.
- no talk about gameplay systems but that is understandable (and something for future)

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Backed...for now. I was pleasantly surprised by the environments, but I hope we hear more about the gameplay soon.

AN4RCHID

Arcane
Party size is reduced to five members? http://venturebeat.com/2017/01/26/p...-obsidians-first-stab-at-crowdfunding-on-fig/

The biggest change from the original is that Deadfire will have a five-character adventuring party. The original had six players, and Obsidian’s 2016 RPG Tyranny had four. How did the designers decide that five is the magic number?

“We’ve been playing with a five-character party for most of development and really like how encounters work with that size,” Urquhart said. I can see how this came about — six characters can be cumbersome, while four can seem … limiting. Five enables for you to cover every major RPG role — tank, damage-dealer, ranged, magic, and healing — while still giving the player room to experiment with character builds.

Perkel

Arcane
people showering it with money.
190k in less that 51 minutes.

This thing will be fastest ever funded kickstarter(i know i know).

FeelTheRads

Arcane

Freakshow.

Speaking of which, where's that photo from Obsidian's offices with a guy wearing a horse's head? I'm still confused whether that was a joke or there's an actual furry working there making every day an awkward freakshow.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Party size is reduced to five members? http://venturebeat.com/2017/01/26/p...-obsidians-first-stab-at-crowdfunding-on-fig/

The biggest change from the original is that Deadfire will have a five-character adventuring party. The original had six players, and Obsidian’s 2016 RPG Tyranny had four. How did the designers decide that five is the magic number?

“We’ve been playing with a five-character party for most of development and really like how encounters work with that size,” Urquhart said. I can see how this came about — six characters can be cumbersome, while four can seem … limiting. Five enables for you to cover every major RPG role — tank, damage-dealer, ranged, magic, and healing — while still giving the player room to experiment with character builds.

Haha wow, so he wasn't just talking in that Twitch stream.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

I sure hope not.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom