Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info No Aliens RPG from Obsidian Confirmed

bat_boro

Arcane
AndhairaX said:
A few more things:

Was the game turnbased or RTwP?
Was unarmed combat/martial arts a viable combat option?
How would the tactical side of the game comapre to Jagged Alliance 2?

:lol:

MLMarkland

Arcane
Developer
bat_boro said:
AndhairaX said:
A few more things:

I lol'd at the martial arts option, tbh Andhaira.

Rosh

Erudite
AndhairaX said:
A few more things:

You're missing speech options, DAMMIT! :D

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
MLMarkland said:
bat_boro said:
AndhairaX said:
A few more things:

I lol'd at the martial arts option, tbh Andhaira.
Bruce Lee vs Alien, which is better and why?

Discuss!

EDIT
Bruce Lee vs Alien
That's actually pretty fucking awesome. Was my idea, get back.

bat_boro

Arcane
Was there any alien queen banging in the game?
I ask because I remember something like that in Alien 4 => it is canon => if it wasn't in the game Obsidian fucked up the universe :lol:

MLMarkland

Arcane
Developer
bat_boro said:
Were there any alien queen banging in the game?
I ask because I remember something like that in Alien 4 => it is canon => if it wasn't in the game Obsidian fucked up the universe :lol:

lol

bat_boro

Arcane
Don't try to sneak your way out of this situation, mister Markland, just admit it!

MLMarkland

Arcane
Developer
bat_boro said:
Don't try to sneak your way out of this situation, mister Markland, just admit it!

We discussed Alien banging at great length and decided to go with Alien railing instead. The terms don't mean exactly the same thing, and neither one covers all of the various permutations, but railing gets across the basic idea.

Luzur

Good Sir
MLMarkland said:
bat_boro said:

We discussed Alien banging at great length and decided to go with Alien railing instead. The terms don't mean exactly the same thing, and neither one covers all of the various permutations, but railing gets across the basic idea.

http://metaphilm.com/index.php/detail/alien/

MLMarkland

Arcane
Developer
Luzur said:
MLMarkland said:
bat_boro said:

Cool link.

What a lot of people don't know is that the original screenplay for Alien was even more aggressive about the sexual/rape element of the xenomorphs. The content was revised to be more subtle and suggestive, rather than direct.

St. Toxic

Arcane
Every child knows that the original screenplay for Alien was even more aggressive about the sexual/rape element of the xenomorphs.

Luzur

Good Sir
MLMarkland said:
Luzur said:
MLMarkland said:
bat_boro said:

Cool link.

What a lot of people don't know is that the original screenplay for Alien was even more aggressive about the sexual/rape element of the xenomorphs. The content was revised to be more subtle and suggestive, rather than direct.

yes, but still its all about opressing the womyns with our penises. oh how they envy the penis, the cute little things.

Ausir

Arcane
Not definitively established by the movies. Therefore, not canon.
It was only definitively established by AvP. Although whether one considers it canon is up to him (I suppose it's officially canon as far as Fox is concerned). But it's deliberately left vague in Alien 3 itself.

bat_boro

Arcane
Ausir said:
It was only definitively established by AvP. Although whether one considers it canon is up to him (I suppose it's officially canon as far as Fox is concerned). But it's deliberately left vague in Alien 3 itself.

Talking about AvP, I thought the series couldn't do much worse than that, but then I was surprised to find out that AvP did reach a new low - it was fucking turned into a high-school drama.

I mean, WTF guys? Just wtf were they thinking?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Gragt said:
At least the first AvP movie was better than Alien 3.

God, no. Both AVP movies are such horrible abortions that thinking about them makes me wanna vomit, while Alien 3 was acceptable.

Dark Matter

Prophet
bat_boro said:
Ausir said:

Talking about AvP, I thought the series couldn't do much worse than that, but then I was surprised to find out that AvP did reach a new low - it was fucking turned into a high-school drama.

I mean, WTF guys? Just wtf were they thinking?
:?

I suddenly feel the urge to check it out now.

Rosh

Erudite
Dark Matter said:
:?

I suddenly feel the urge to check it out now.

If you have a decent appreciation for cinema, don't eat anything beforehand.

CHUNKS WILL FLY.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Darth Roxor said:
God, no. Both AVP movies are such horrible abortions that thinking about them makes me wanna vomit, while Alien 3 was acceptable.

At least it was kind of self-aware dumb and did not try too hard, while Alien 3 comes out of it as kind of pretentious. Plus it was fun, in a mindless way. Second movie was even more retarded, true, but again it was somewhat fun.

circ

Arcane
Yeah I don't know. I agree, I didn't mind watching AvP 1, it completely shat over established canon, but watching xenos fight yautjas was entertaining in parts. Specially since Predator 2 was such shit. However as to AvP 2, I'm going to disagree completely. Was it fun? I couldn't tell. It was so dark all I heard were voices most of the time, and what I heard was dumb.

bat_boro

Arcane
I've seen only the director's cut of Alien 3, and it was really, really, REALLY cool. I just don't understand what the problem is with the movie (mind you - I'm not that much into the universe - I've just watched all the movies a couple of times, haven't read anything else)

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Yeah, AvP 2 was really confusing because it was so dark, and while the first two Alien movies used darkness with intelligence and esthetic, AvP 2 probably used it to hide the rest of the amateurish skill. Many more boring parts than the first, that's also true, but I did laugh a few times because it was so badly done.

The alternate version of Alien 3 isn't really official but more of a cut that shows how the movie could have turned out, and even then it's not that better than the normal release: slow and boring, no interesting characters (well, there is one with potential but he is killed very fast), action scenes feel mundane ... Plus there is the hard to swallow part about killing Hicks and Newt in their sleep, two great characters, and how in the Nine Hells did that facehugger get on board anyway and then impregnate a dog after Ripley without dying? Unless there are two of them? But then the first question subsides.

Bah, if you ask me, Ripley, Newt, Hicks and Bishop are still floating out there, dreaming.

Ausir

Arcane
Ridley Scott said that he likes AvP more than Aliens 3 and 4.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom