Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info No Aliens RPG from Obsidian Confirmed

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
There seems to be a lot of sexual tension between you two. Perhaps you should just meet up and get it over with already?

Rosh

Erudite
MLMarkland said:

Another illuminating example of the lacking attention to detail and intelligence level of not only the developer, but the target audience as well. With people that hopelessly dumbshit, no wonder you could, or had to, cram in irrelevant terminology.

themadhatter114

Liturgist
Patron
Rosh said:
You are seriously reduced to spamming, now?

How is it any different from what you are doing? You are whining about a fucking word with the same arguments over and over again as if calling gameplay where you can complete objectives while avoiding detection and/or killing things covertly "stealth" is the gravest of sins and is truly indicative of anything about the quality of the overall design.

Get the fuck over yourself.

Rosh

Erudite
themadhatter114 said:
How is it any different from what you are doing? You are whining about a fucking word with the same arguments over and over again as if calling gameplay where you can complete objectives while avoiding detection and/or killing things covertly "stealth" is the gravest of sins and is truly indicative of anything about the quality of the overall design.

Get the fuck over yourself.

Not a word, but a game design concept that has been firmly established for years. Now if it only means a word to some designers, so it can be bastardized for their easy consumption, then I can understand the basis of said bastardization.

Chefe

Erudite
HĂĽmmelgĂĽmpf said:
WHAT?! ANOTHER three pages spent arguing semantics? Rosh earned a special tag. "The Disciple of Protagoras", or something.

Whining Cunt

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
meanwhile at Obsidian HQ

Ok guys, you know, it has come to my attention that rabid haters bitch about the way we name things for our eyes only in the design docs, so from now on, instead of 'stealth' we'll be talking about 'Things-that-kinda-resemble-stealth-and-have-some-similar-mechanics-but-are-not-really-100%-stealth-actions'.

Whoever doesn't use this formula and keeps talking about 'stealth' will be fired on the spot.

You are being watched.

MLMarkland

Arcane
Developer
Darth Roxor said:
meanwhile at Obsidian HQ

Ok guys, you know, it has come to my attention that rabid haters bitch about the way we name things for our eyes only in the design docs, so from now on, instead of 'stealth' we'll be talking about 'Things-that-kinda-resemble-stealth-and-have-some-similar-mechanics-but-are-not-really-100%-stealth-actions'.

Whoever doesn't use this formula and keeps talking about 'stealth' will be fired on the spot.

You are being watched.

lol

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Pity, Aliens RPG actually sounded unique and interesting.

Andhaira

Arcane
MLMarkland, tell me something. You mentioend there were 4 professions, including Marine and Agent. I am curious about the Agents, because they sounds quite a bit like psi ops but AFAIK the Aliens universe has no psi.

SO what exactly were the agents supposed to do?

MLMarkland

Arcane
Developer
AndhairaX said:
MLMarkland, tell me something. You mentioend there were 4 professions, including Marine and Agent. I am curious about the Agents, because they sounds quite a bit like psi ops but AFAIK the Aliens universe has no psi.

SO what exactly were the agents supposed to do?

Someone else must've mentioned the professions, because I did not.

In the context of the movies, Burke was an Agent and so was the human Lance Henriksen plays in Alien 3.

Rosh

Erudite
MLMarkland said:
the human Lance Henriksen plays in Alien 3.

Buh-WHAT?!

Though there was some ambiguity during filming Alien 3, it was later established that he was an advanced model of the Bishops Ripley know and would have been sent by the oh-so-benevolent corporation to give her a "friend". Ripley was known to have been around them from before the time of her first cryo sleep (for 57 years, and then another bit of cold sleep until Alien 3) and so it would have been far, far unlikely that the original Charles Bishop Weyland would have still been alive or looking the same.

He was Bishop II, a synthetic.

MLMarkland

Arcane
Developer
Rosh said:
MLMarkland said:
the human Lance Henriksen plays in Alien 3.

Buh-WHAT?!

Though there was some ambiguity during filming Alien 3, it was later established that he was an advanced model of the Bishops Ripley know and would have been sent by the oh-so-benevolent corporation to give her a "friend". Ripley was known to have been around them from before the time of her first cryo sleep (for 57 years, and then another bit of cold sleep until Alien 3) and so it would have been far, far unlikely that the original Charles Bishop Weyland would have still been alive or looking the same.

He was Bishop II, a synthetic.

Not definitively established by the movies. Therefore, not canon. Regardless, its besides the point -- I'm trying to answer someone's question about Agents.

Rosh

Erudite
MLMarkland said:
Not definitively established by the movies. Therefore, not canon.

Well, if you want to go by movies...let's not go there. Please.

(And yeah, as credited by the movie - Bishop II.)

Regardless, its besides the point -- I'm trying to answer someone's question about Agents.

True, Burke was the definitive weasel of a corporate Agent.

Andhaira

Arcane
A few more things:

Was the game turnbased or RTwP?
Was unarmed combat/martial arts a viable combat option?
How would the tactical side of the game comapre to Jagged Alliance 2?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom