Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN Neverwinter Nights (NWN & NWN2) Modules Thread

Breaking Axe

Educated
Anyone played this second part yet? First impressions? I'm looking at giving this a try, just need to reinstall NWN2.

Tolknaz

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Deakul said:
Do you have to download all of the files listed here?
http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=nw ... ail&id=319

Why the hell wouldn't they package it all into an installer or something?
You obviously haven't played that many NWN and NWN2 modules if you noticed it just now. Anyway, i too find it fucking irritating. How come some guys like Adam Miller can package their stuff in a neat installer but just about every other nwn/nwn2 modder/team on the fucking planet releases their shit so you have to get and extract ten fucking zips.

Dele

Liturgist
Admiral jimbob said:
Also the NWN1 Prophet series just finished too

Good times :love:

Played through the whole prophet series from beginning and it was awesome, probably the best that nwn1 has to offer.

I will try out the conan series.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Tolknaz said:
Deakul said:
Do you have to download all of the files listed here?
http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=nw ... ail&id=319

Why the hell wouldn't they package it all into an installer or something?
You obviously haven't played that many NWN and NWN2 modules if you noticed it just now. Anyway, i too find it fucking irritating. How come some guys like Adam Miller can package their stuff in a neat installer but just about every other nwn/nwn2 modder/team on the fucking planet releases their shit so you have to get and extract ten fucking zips.

I imagine it's for updating purposes. Keeps people from having to download everything every time there is a minor update.

Erebus

Arcane
I've just tried to play the Conan Chronicles and, amusingly enough, the first module completely fails right at the beginning : the character that's supposed to give me my first quest won't speak to me.

I've read the comments on the Vault and it seems others have had that problem, but the author hasn't fixed it and the solution suggested by a user won't work for me (possibly because I suck at using the editor).

Well, I guess it's better for the game-breaking bug to be right at the beginning. It would have been more frustrating if it had happened after 10 hours of playing.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
While I am impressed by these reviews, I am also irked. The supposedly best NWN2 modules come out years after they are released, and I can only play the modules/campaigns after reinstalling and repatching the game all over again. And then they also require you to have expansions.

This is a 2006 game! I reinstalled it and installed MotB in 2008 to play all the famous, reputed modules, and by 2008, NWN2 was already ancient history. Then in 2010, and the again in 2012, more stuff comes out, and I probably have to get Storm of Zehir to play the recent ones.

Remember how in 2008, people were talking about the depressed state of the NWN2 modding community? It apparently takes a full 4 or 6 years before the very best of the best are in good numbers.

Erebus

Arcane
Trinity's a really well-made module. I wish it could have been twice as long as it is !

Has there been any interesting NWN2 (or even NWN1) modules in the last 6-8 months ?

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Conan Chronicles 2 for NWN2, and Prophet III was finally released for NWN1.

On a related note, I just played through Live Forever and Jesus what a load of pseudo-philosophical tedious bullshit. Not a bad mod, but the creator has far, far too high an opinion of his own cleverness. Oasis lyrics, for god's sake.

Erebus

Arcane
I tried to play Conan Chronicles 1... but met a game-breaking bug right at the fucking start (a necessary dialogue doesn't trigger). I guess I'll try it again one of these days.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
The first three modules together make up what is now "Conan Chronicles 1", CC2 is a huge standalone city adventure that I've yet to play. The first module of CC1 is fun, but missable, whereas the second's absolutely great.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
which you would consider better than NWN2 OC, MotB, or SoZ?

It has been six years and a million patches since NWN2 was first released. So surely that is enough time and enough room to get modder's creative juices flowing and allow them to make the masterpiece of their lifetime.

Is there something which has combined the skill-check based problem solving of MotB with the overland exploration of SoZ with the combat mega-encounters of the NWN2 OC? Something which has the best features of all these campaigns, and which does those things even better than they do?

Erebus

Arcane
I enjoyed the "Dark Waters" trilogy more than the OC or SoZ, but it's sometimes closer to an adventure game than to a CRPG.

"Trinity" is a very well-designed module that would rival MoW if it were longer.

"Misery Stone" uses its overland map well and has an excellent visual atmosphere, but its combat is unfortunately repetitive.

Captain Shrek

I don't know yet. I meant I will start now. Will do a quick review after I finish.

Captain Shrek

Other good modules:

1) Wizard's apperentice
2) -||- 2
3) Conan 1 &2

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom