Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

NWN Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition, Beamdog's latest enhancement

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by `Hellion, Nov 20, 2017.

1. Cael Erudite Edgy

Cael
    Parrots:
    Click here and disable ads!
    Dear Lord, are you insane? I went out with a couple of mainlander girls like that. Never again. The first one, I thought was an anomaly. The second one confirmed that it wasn't.

Trust me, buddy, avoid, avoid, avoid unless you are willing to spend your entire life as: (WARNING! NSFW!)

Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

• Excited! Excited! x 2
    • Whatever shit you posted didn't load Whatever shit you posted didn't load x 1
    • Best Deal! Best Deal! x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Cael Erudite Edgy

Cael
    Parrots:
    - the litany of a failure and a loser at life (also known as the Chant of the "Would You Like Fries With That" Brigade)

• hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Edgy Edgy x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. fantadomat Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Edgy

fantadomat
    Parrots:
    There is no sweater experience than breaking a powerful woman.:obviously: Also i do have fucked up taste in women,a little bit of insanity is always welcome. At least that way you are not surprised when you find your house on fire and cops surrounding it. Whit crazy bitches you both know where you stand by default.

Also i finished the first chapter of NWN EE,really pissed at the game,you still can't kill the fat useless lord never and fuck Aribeth.:decline:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Makes you think... Makes you think... x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Cael Erudite Edgy

Cael
    Parrots:
    ... You've never played the original?

And no, you can't kill him because they need him to be even MORE of a badly written useless, sanctimonious son of a bitch in the sequel. Seriously, if I played my character true to form in the sequel, I would have seceded Crossroad Keep from Neverwinter and burnt the palace down around his ears. Of course, they figured out that that would be the case with most players, given the unbearably arrogant tinpot dictator they made him out to be, so they never allowed it or gave you the choice.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  5. fantadomat Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Edgy

fantadomat
    Parrots:
    The key word in my post is "STILL". I have replayed the game with its expansion at least tow times. When it comes to Never i have him because is a useless arrogant buffoon that couldn't tie his shoes. Also he decided to kill Aribeth instead of giving her to me at the end. I could have easily slathered my way trough his pitiful city,garbage ruler. Still the game have some pretty solid writing,mainly the companions. You don't get some branching paths dialogue,but you do get some pretty good small stories. 15 years later i still remember quite a few of them and give a small chuckle when i re read them. The story as a whole was pretty decent when it came out,the ancient lizards and all that shit were novelty.

PS:The best thing in the first chapter is the option to kill the sjw communist bitch in the nobles district.

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Cael Erudite Edgy

Cael
    Parrots:
    Dude, they changed precisely NOTHING in the EE. It was basically a cash grab.

I always did the quest for the sjw because it gave better XP and reward, I think. It was either that or alignment points. I can't remember exactly.

The companion dialogues were hilarious, and the ancient lizards were basically sarrukhs, which do exist in canon Realms lore. By the end of NWN, you should be powerful enough to rescue Aribeth by force, should it come to that. You just assaulted an entire world of psycho lizards powerful enough to grant cleric spells to their faithful. What is Neverwinter compared to that? The mere threat of violence should be enough for even the Many Starred Druggies to go, "Uh-oh. Give him what he wants, you moron!" It is just that the game never allowed you to, which is a shame.

• Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. aweigh Arcane

aweigh
    Parrots:
    This specific sentence reads like a line from a meme-generator :D

• Funny Funny x 3
    ^ Top  
  8. fantadomat Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Edgy

fantadomat
    Parrots:
    I couldn't agree more,except that you charge a world if lizard people with you henchman :lol:.

Does anyone here knows how to disable the day/night cycle in the game?

^ Top  
  9. Make America Great Again ERYFKRAD Arcane Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Parrots:
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Close your eyes.

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Lhynn Arcane

Lhynn
    Parrots:
    That says more about those games than it says about you.:M

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Lhynn Arcane

Lhynn
    Parrots:
    Stop being retarded. this isnt a celebrity thing. Its about people that have gone indepth about the meta of the game, and that you havent even scratched the surface.

^ Top  
  12. Cael Erudite Edgy

Cael
    Parrots:
    Yes, yes, yes. Like how Cate Blanchett went indepth into how we are all killing the environment and are all evil carbon polluting bastards. Gimme a break.

• retadred retadred x 4
    ^ Top  
  13. Dzupakazul Savant

Dzupakazul
    Parrots:
    rogueknight333 is an acclaimed module creator for NWN. Like, he literally made some of the best stuff for this game, so he kinda can be assumed to know his shit.
    Cate Blanchett is an actress. She might not know very much about the environment, merely take an interest in environmental issues and possess some level of education here and there, but most definitely not enough to be an actual expert. It's not a celebrity thing, because nobody here is considering the authority of someone based solely on their social status, but through actual meritocracy.
    But here, within this sphere, you're basically doing something akin to telling Vault Dweller that he has no experience with creating RPG systems and that you are not interested in his worthless opinion.
    Do you see the problem?
    And it's not even that you possess some arcane knowledge about the subject that everyone else hasn't figured out yet - you have like 6 people disagreeing with what you're saying, and at least one of them can be literally certified to be an expert. It would help if your first reaction to people disagreeing with you on this matter - or in many other discussions, such as on D&D 3.5, RTSes and a whole bunch of other stuff - wasn't to immediately assume they lack knowledge and that they're retarded.
    Like, I'm all for bants, but yours are supported with the equivalent of being OG Loc with a nerf gun at a Grove Street Families reunion. You are argumentative to a fault, and that fault tends to be that every single one of your arguments hinges on "Well, that never happened to me, and if it happens to you, you probably most certainly have 47 chromosomes."

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018 at 3:34 AM
    ^ Top  
  14. Cael Erudite Edgy

Cael
    Parrots:
    *yawn* You assume that I haven't made a module myself. The problem with people is that they make assumptions about others because they don't like what the other guy is saying. Me? I don't make assumptions. For example, I KNOW Liang is an idiot because he is so strident about his druid 20/rogue 3/wizard 17 build. I KNOW Lilura is an megalomaniac from her posts.

Now, I don't know who rogueknight is, nor do I care. What I will not do is to automatically genuflect to him because some people on the Internet happens to love him for whatever reason. Would I value his opinion? Of course, IF he proves himself to me to my satisfaction.

As for you, well, your opinion is easily discarded because... well, I don't have to spell it out for you, do I, Mr Angry Rick?

^ Top  
  15. Dzupakazul Savant

Dzupakazul
    Parrots:
    One of your earlier posts in the thread, which I absolutely can't be bothered to source, says that "nobody plans a build in NWN for level 40, at most you hit level 27". What about specific adventures that are meant to continue your journey all the way through epic levels? What about PvP servers where everyone starts at level 40? What about sheer theorycrafting fun of it all? What about the idea that even a highly specialized late-bloomer build can't make any concessions throughout levelling to be more palatable? Do you honestly believe that a character who already put 20 levels into Druid is somehow incapable of handling himself in a levelling environment even though Liang's already posted how he makes it work? How about how you assume that NWN1 character building works exactly like it does in 3.x, which was what your entire line of argument hinged on when you said that you never ever forsake advancing in caster levels without a good reason to do so, and then promptly proceeded to dismiss every single good reason to do so, because you transposition absolutely asymmetrical tabletop experience onto a game that makes a fuckton of concessions in how its engine works? How about that time you were plain wrong about how flat-foot mechanics work and got rightly called out on that?
    Without even going into Liang's explanation for why and how his build works, making a competent build that mixes two different casters isn't new, or even easily dismissable just because it doesn't work in tabletop or because 3.5's Mystic Theurge is a shit prestige class.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Cael Erudite Edgy

Cael
    Parrots:
    You are all over the place and throwing out accusations to cover your ass.

You don't plan for a level 40 build because that is where the game ends, if you did the module right, assuming you bothered to make one that long. What is the point of getting to L40 for just (maybe) the last battle? So you get Mord Disjunc. So what? You can use it on the last boss and game ends. Woohoo.

You see, that is what I was talking about when I made the flippant comment that Liang starts the game at L40. It is understandable that you are unable to let go of it or understand what I was getting at because the concept of sarcasm is something that you simply won't entertain due to your drive to want to "humiliate" someone on the Internet (which is, of course, funny in and of itself).

The whole reason for not forsaking caster levels is something that even rogueknight, your god, has spoken about and contradicted Liang on: overcoming spell resistance. It has nothing to do with TT but on the fact that toons easily get legitimate items that gives epic level SR and many of the high end mobs come with SR inbuilt. A level 40 drow, for example, has 52 SR in his undies. There is no way a L20 druid is going to affect them. A L40 druid would have less than 50% chance of affecting them without investment in anti-SR feats. And while there are spells that ignore SR, they are inefficient and can be negated using basic protection like damage reduction, which many epic level creatures also have. A Balor has SR in the region of 32 or 35 (I can't be bothered to look it up) and is a CR20 creature. Liang's druid 17/rogue 3 has somewhere between a 15-30% chance of affecting it, depending on the SR. Caster level counts whether you like it or not.

Oh, and isn't it funny that one of your posted builds has levels in MONK, not rogue for the ubah p-p-p-p-powahful uncanny dodge. It is like the guy doesn't know what he is talking about.

Protip, boy: Turn on your sarcasm detector this time.

• retadred retadred x 2
    • hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    • FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Lhynn Arcane

Lhynn
    Parrots:
    Actually he has been correct in everything.

A lot of modules start at level 40. Modules either go from 1 to 5, from 20 to 27ish or from 40.
    The reasoning is pretty simple. Either you are making a new character for a fresh adventure, you are taking the character from the first or second campaign into epic levels or you have already completed your build and are ready for the crazy.

Very few enemies have a MR that could possiby keep up to that degree, and most of them can be dealt with easily with spells that ignore it.

If i remember correct "epic level MR" that comes from items caps at like 32, which is retardedly low if you take the feats to increase penetration, which you should because there are no good feats for casters until epic levels. On top of being able to easily lower their SR, even with scrolls. Tho liangs build sounds like it could easily melee those drows.

Really, as someone that has played monk for years ive found SR to be overrated.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Cael Erudite Edgy

Cael
    Parrots:
    A dex focused druid/wizard can somehow be good at what they are supposed to be doing takes a bit of swallowing.

At any rate, more evidence of Liang's supposed "genius": http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...coming-april-24th.99331/page-103#post-5569475

^ Top  
  19. Lhynn Arcane

Lhynn
    Parrots:
    Standard gish. Doesnt rely on wis for anything but memorization, and he can get plenty with magical items, even if he dumps wis to an 8.
    He has access to the best buffs in the game, tho i rather go for cleric than druid, but different strokes for different folks i guess.

Im guessing the characters weakness is anyone with a high caster level to dispel, but for anything else the game should be remarkably easy.

^ Top  
  20. Cael Erudite Edgy

Cael
    Parrots:
    Can he even cast spells with a casting stat less than 10+spell level he is trying to cast? You can't in TT, but I admit I never tried it in NWN.

^ Top  
  21. Jason Liang Cipher

Jason Liang
    Parrots:
    My druid/ wizard/ rogue build isn't Dex based, but I use halfling so it's fairly cheap to start with 16 or 18 Dex. Depending on how you want to spend your Epic feats, it's possible to get to 30 WIS 20 INT for Dragonform, or alternatively get auto-Quicken Spell I-IX spell levels (which is made much easier by taking Wizard levels Epic). Auto-Quicken I-IX is actually not as awesome as it sounds.

Like I said, taking some splash of rogue and wizard pre-Epic doesn't really hurt a Druid's power progression that much; Druid doesn't need to beeline for his lvl 9 spells like Wizards. You hit level 20 with Druid 16/ Rogue 2/ Wizard 2, or, if you don't care about +1 BAB, Druid 17/ Rogue 2/ Wizard 1. If you are willing to sacrifice 16 skill points and Evasion by not taking level 1 rogue, you can be at Druid 18/ Rogue 1/ Wizard 1 and take 2 rogue levels in Epic instead. By level 27 you are at Druid 20/ rogue 3/ Wizard 4. Having the potential to hit level 17 Wizard is a nice perk, but it's not like Wizard spells I-VIII is shit either.

^ Top  
  22. Cael Erudite Edgy

Cael
    Parrots:
    What henchman? Never used one in the whole OC. I just hired them to get their story and quests and then dumped them in the merc guild or wherever it is I got them from. Never take them on my wanderings as they suck up precious, precious XP :D

^ Top  
  23. Cael Erudite Edgy

Cael
    Parrots:
    Well, Lhynn. Are you ready to retract your statements about your friend now?

^ Top  
  24. Pizzashoes Educated

Pizzashoes
    Parrots:
    I think the boys here can find a better video game waifu than one who writes about Neverwinter Nights 1. I do like asian women, though.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Jason Liang Cipher

Jason Liang
    Parrots:
    My girlfriend loves playing Bomberman, and I love playing Bomberman with her.

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)