Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Master of Magic unofficial patch

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Elwro, i find it amusing that the second google hit for that Tyrax Lighting quote is from The Odyssey.
He is an unacknowledged poet of our times

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
What? I thought I wrote it myself :shock: Actually, scratch that, I stole the "sea spray" bit either from Zelazny or Iain Banks :D

kyrub

Augur
Version 1.40f

- corrected crushing bug in previous.
- startup should not freeze anymore (or very rarely)
- other AI improvements

Mackerel

Augur
With the latest patch my game crashes with an error that the WIZARDS.EXE couldn't be found.

EDIT: OK, I read the bug report topic and I see you are aware of this problem.

kyrub said:
Sorry.
I must have posted bad files. The patch is done. Sadly, I have no time for correction.

Saturday night.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
I seriously couldn't believe that there could be so much more life breathed into one of my favourite games of all time. Awesome work so far and a sincere thanks from me.

Repressed Homosexual
Wut's going on with the official site? It's been down for more than a week.

Also I installed the unofficial patch, but now every battle is automatically auto-resolved, even though the option for strategic battles is checked in the options menu.

kyrub

Augur
Yes, the dragonsword.com site is down and nobody knows why.

BUT if you want the patch, the MEDIAFIRE link (three posts above yours) is working. So I re-put it here.

--------------------
Two steps:

1) download "insecticide_140f" link. Unzip / overwrite in your MoM folder.
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mtx3nfj3wwj

2) download "wizards_fixed_f" link. Unzip / overwrite (wizards.exe file only) in your MoM folder.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/jwy4zdmuj ... _fixed.zip

=> You are patched to Insecticide 1.40f.

kyrub

Augur
Yep.

After installation, you have to go to the Settings screen to see if you don't have EXTRA DIFFICULTY settings checked or the STRATEGIC COMBAT ONLY checked (this removes turn-based battles).

kyrub

Augur
I ran out of time in RL and I felt the work was more or less done anyway.
So, I handed over the IDA documentation hoping someone would continue what I started.

Speaking of that, what more did you expect from the patch?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Finally dug up my old disks AND a working 3.5" drive. Here's hoping the media are still readable *fingers crossed* ...Installing now!

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
kyrub said:
Speaking of that, what more did you expect from the patch?

Perhaps some AI tweaks. Cross continent and dimension invasions/settling seem to be quite rare. The AI also seems to have some problems in deciding wether to defend or attack in certain circumstances. Niggles really. Game was brilliant already and has only become more fun. Hope RL is working out. :salute:

Lightknight

Liturgist
Is it possible to make the game understand absolute mouse coordinates, instead of relative ? Or is it dosbox issue ? I kinda want to be able to play it with complete support of my stylus.

kyrub

Augur
@ Trash
Perhaps some AI tweaks. Cross continent and dimension invasions/settling seem to be quite rare.
Ah well. The most disapointing part of my work, I had no success with the "empty ships" issue. I even gave it about two weeks of work, no fruits. Which does not mean I could not go on trying...

Plane changing, the most problems I witnessed revolve around the micro_islands_with_towers (they're quite common). AI is unable to see that the check point is surrounded by water on the other side and it keeps stacking units and settlers around, it forgets about the expansion on its own plane... Hard to repair.

The AI also seems to have some problems in deciding wether to defend or attack in certain circumstances.
Huh? Can you be more specific?
((And then there is perhaps the combat phase, spells 'n moves, which I have full control of, but did not have time to exploit.))

@Lightknight
No idea. You should put your question to people who understand Dosbox, really. Abandonia.com forums are excellent in this respect.

Fantomen

Novice
The updated exe link to mediafire worked fine, but not the other one. Do I need any other files or is the updated wizards.exe the whole patch?

kyrub

Augur
You need both.

Two steps:

1) download "insecticide_140f" link. Unzip / overwrite in your MoM folder.

2) download "wizards_fixed_f" link. Unzip / overwrite (wizards.exe file only) in your MoM folder.

Patched, complete, done.

reaven

Educated
I think it would be great if you updated your first post with that info and the actual links, to keep it organised...

Oh and I cant download insecticide_140f

kyrub

Augur
Fixed in my old post high above.
Thanks for alerting me.

Petrell

Educated
kyrub said:
Fixed in my old post high above.
Thanks for alerting me.

kyrub. The patch I'm hosting seem a bit different from what you're providing here. I downloaded it from dragonsword.com before it went down (unfortunate btw, still no word what happened or if/when it's going to come back up?),repackaged it with 7zip (naming it bit differently for easier recognition) and included readme based on your release topic text.

The differences are the dates of some of the files (mine are newer?) and magic.ico not present in your files (and obviously the readme I created). I also don't remember there being separate download for wizards_fixed_f so is this something you did just before or some times after the site went down?

I just want to clarify wether or not it contains the newest files and do I need to replacle it.

IBNobody

Novice
Kyrub,

Many thanks.

Two questions:

1. Did you permanently enable the End-Of-Turn-Wait?

Toggling the "EOT Summary" box didn't get rid of the wait. It used to be that you could have MoM auto-end your turn after you moved your units.

2. Do you accept donations?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom