Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's trample the Evil in Co8 ToEE; Chapter VIII

How many ability points should the characters be allowed?

• Georgian potato (25)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Classic D&D (30)

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Heroic D&D (35)

• Popamole (40)

• kingcomrade

• Total voters

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Hah! :lol: Dead in the very first update! :incline:

This reminds me of Garf's TFTD LP in some way.. :love:

I guess Pariah was just never meant to be. Even though monks do get OP saves.. Guess he'd have profited from a higher con score but whatever. T'was good entertainment. :thumbsup:

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Does anyone else think that having the same guy give out all the high level quests added is artificial as fuck?

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
SCO said:
Does anyone else think that having the same guy give out all the high level quests added is artificial as fuck?

I can see your point... But then again it's good to have once source of quests instead of being forced to run from door to door begging for attention. Not to mention, it's kinda logical in small villages to have one good source of gossip that can point you in the right direction.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I think it was done to keep the number of "ok, I downloaded your mod, but where the fuck is the content!?" comments low.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Somewhat fitting however, that the monk had his soul sucked out by a sorrowful and evil entity, don't you think?

That should teach me not to sign up for this party. Can't handle the pressure it seems. :lol:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
8 con as a melee character is just asking for it man. :D You should've dumped wis a bit (it's not nearly as good as advertized) and boosted con instead. Fort is the monks weakest save too, since he gets a reroll to will from still mind and increased reduction on ref from (improved) evasion

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Well, the saying usually goes "you live and learn". Can't really be applied here, but at least I learnt something from it. :thumbsup:

Don't munchkin much, but your advice is taken to heart. :salute:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
They're mostly related to paizo's pathfinder (which introduced a bunch of changes), but google a guy named Treantmonk. He wrote some really good munchkinism guides for various classes, explaining what works and what doesn't.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I have the Pathfinder core books, and am pushing for my PnP group to convert fully to those. It's taken me many years, but they've finally embraced 3.5 ed, I know with just a bit more cajoling, we'll be gone from D&D into Pathfinder fully. :incline:

Having an advantage from being the only one to have read Treamtmonk's guides, well, that'd just be the icing on the cake. :smug:
Just finished browsing his wizard guide. Very useful stuff, very! :salute: :love:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I liked his switch-hit ranger setup. I actually copypastaed it into a campaign some time ago (Souls for Smuggler's Shiv. Serpent skull campaign) because I had to come up with a character on a 10-minute notice. After the first adventure I rerolled because it ended up being so über he completely overshadowed the rest of the party. Oneshotted the BBEG at the end after the cleric cast enlarge person on me and I got a crit in with a 2-handed power attack.

Now I'm playing a conjurer with the teleporter option from Advanced Players Guide :love:
Teleporting ½lvl*5ft as a swift action 3+int times per day is awesome. As is summoner's charm and augment summoning. Although I did cheese a little. The upper end of starting ages for an elven wizard puts you into the Middle Age category. for a nice +1 int/wis/cha and -1 str/dex/con. Made that 17 (19 with racial modifier) Int a bit less painful to buy. Along with item bond, specialization bond, lv4 upgrade to int and a headband of vast intellect I got enough spell slots to make a sorcerer jealous.

But back on topic: WHERE IS MAH UPDAETS!? :x

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Heh, you'd make my current GM's eyes bleed. :love: :thumbsup:

I really need to convince them to go full Pathfinder. As I've read the rules, I see how much better it is than 3.0 and 3.5. :M

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Ulminati said:
I liked his switch-hit ranger setup. I actually copypastaed it into a campaign some time ago (Souls for Smuggler's Shiv. Serpent skull campaign) because I had to come up with a character on a 10-minute notice. After the first adventure I rerolled because it ended up being so über he completely overshadowed the rest of the party. Oneshotted the BBEG at the end after the cleric cast enlarge person on me and I got a crit in with a 2-handed power attack.

Now I'm playing a conjurer with the teleporter option from Advanced Players Guide :love:
Teleporting ½lvl*5ft as a swift action 3+int times per day is awesome. As is summoner's charm and augment summoning. Although I did cheese a little. The upper end of starting ages for an elven wizard puts you into the Middle Age category. for a nice +1 int/wis/cha and -1 str/dex/con. Made that 17 (19 with racial modifier) Int a bit less painful to buy. Along with item bond, specialization bond, lv4 upgrade to int and a headband of vast intellect I got enough spell slots to make a sorcerer jealous.
Ehh, I envy you guys. My PnP group fell apart long time ago. Now I only have ToEE to cover my D&D arcane spellcasting needs. :(

But back on topic: WHERE IS MAH UPDAETS!? :x

I could ask you the same thing... :rpgcodex:

In truth, I am busy as hell now and don't have time to play games. All the same, I have enough material to update tomorrow or on Saturday. After that... :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom