Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's play Zafehouse Diaries!

• Thread starter Multi-headed Cow
  • Start date

Lindblum

Augur
JOIN!!!!!

Lindblum
Money: Poor
Education:university
Orientation: Straight
Ancestry: east Asian
Career: librarian**
Special trait:resilient

Pretty much the same thing.
So can you use custom photos?
---------------------------------
**Edit lets make Librarians not suck

Librarian
Enterprising

Strong: 1
Perceptive: 1
Resilient: 5 (Hehehehehehehe)

Anabanana

Augur
JOIN!!!!!

Lindblum
Career: librarian

Yep, I can use custom photos again! So feel free to submit photos with your character applications! I'll just use your avatar if you don't.

Oh, and Lindblum, Azira and Artabanes are using slightly enhanced careers with 7 stats instead of 6 - would you like to be a super librarian with 7 stats as well? I'll take care of the stat point assignment if you don't want to do it yourself, haha!

Also, everybody, feel free to submit custom locations whenever you want. So if you want to put your own house, or university, or your town library or whatever in the game, just give me a photo and tell me what kind of location you want it to be.

Lindblum

Augur
JOIN!!!!!

Lindblum
Career: librarian

Yep, I can use custom photos again! So feel free to submit photos with your character applications! I'll just use your avatar if you don't.

Oh, and Lindblum, Azira and Artabanes are using slightly enhanced careers with 7 stats instead of 6 - would you like to be a super librarian with 7 stats as well? I'll take care of the stat point assignment if you don't want to do it yourself, haha!

Also, everybody, feel free to submit custom locations whenever you want. So if you want to put your own house, or university, or your town library or whatever in the game, just give me a photo and tell me what kind of location you want it to be.
just replying for my enhanced Librarian, please tell me if there's any problem with it.
hmm adding areas!? please explain.

Does resilient affect any skill like searching etc?

Librarian
Enterprising

David-Tennant-as-Doctor-Who.jpg

Anabanana

Augur
just replying for my enhanced Librarian, please tell me if there's any problem with it.

Does resilient affect any skill like searching etc?

Honestly, I have no idea. The description just says that it helps you keep your cool and persevere in difficult situations.

Lindblum said:
Librarian
Enterprising

Sorry, you can only have up to 3 stars max for each trait! So you can only have 3 Resilient, sorry~ :P

Also, you need to choose 3 words to describe your career, instead of just one, and you need to rank them from the most important to the least important. I'm copy-pasting the rules for career customization again for your convenience.

Choose three words that best describe this occupation, by order of relevance.

Realistic: Practical, stable and involves working with physical objects and solving concrete problems.
Investigative: Attractive to curious, logical and inquisitive people; often associated with technical, scientific or academic work.
Artistic: Appeals to creative and intuitive people; involves working with abstract ideas.
Social: Involves helping or caring for others, typically in teams.
Enterprising: Associated with confidence, persuasiveness, independence and motivating others.
Conventional: Efficient, organised, logical; often involves structured, practical tasks.

Allocate points to the following attributes.
(Six points represents a balanced occupation, however, you may allocate up to 12 points, with a maximum of three in each attribute.)

Strong: Physical strength and bearing. Determines one's ability to avoid injury in combat, use melee weapons and carry items.
Smart: Intelligence and wits. The ability to perform tasks requiring expert knowledge, such as first aid or engineering.
Perceptive: Awareness and observation skills. Aids in combat accuracy, searching and noticing small details.
Resilient: Personal fortitude and strength of character. One's ability to keep their cool and persevere in difficult situations.

I'd personally rather not people allocate the max 12 points for their careers since I'm interested in a balanced game, but if y'all are interested in a gimmick run where everybody is a fucking Gary Stu, please, by all means, go for it.

Minimum education level:

Uneducated
High school
University

Also, don't forget to give your occupation a title!

Lindblum said:
hmm adding areas!? please explain.

You can put your own photos of places into the game, and assign them to be different kinds of locations. So for example, you can take a photo of a university, put it in the game under the "university" category, and the photo will appear in the game. That's pretty much all you can do, though.

That's a great librarian pic right there, by the way.

Lindblum

Augur
Thanks for the explanation alright redo.

Lindblum
Career: librarian**

Doctor ?
Social> Investigative >Realistic

7 points:
Smarts: 2
Perceptive: 2
Resilient: 3

David-Tennant-as-Doctor-Who.jpg

Lindblum

Augur
For areas as we can add images to them...

School 1
2MQt2.png

Shop 1
Shop_Smart__Shop_S_Mart_by_GaryStorkamp.jpg

Shop 2
acmelogo.gif

House 1 (wonder how many of you will recognize this)
johnson.png

Well hope people contribute to make this run as entertaining as possible.

tindrli

Arcane
FUCK !!! i missed a game ... Fuck you bros"!!!!!

anyway if anyone of you grannies decide to drop off

Tindrli
Money: Middle
School: Uneducated
Career: Firefighter
Special trait: Strong
Age 35

Photo
udv5I.jpg
:troll:

Dayyālu

Arcane
FUCK !!! i missed a game ... Fuck you bros"!!!!!

What? There is still space:
The three 'level 7' survivors, Azira,Artabanes and Lindblum
and Dexter the Police Officer.

So, if tindrli had a brother (or a sister, let's avoid another sausage fest ) or a resurrection scroll, join.

Has anyone better luck than me in finding some good images of the Cottage from Evil Dead? I failed to find one good enough for a 'House' image.

For the School, the choice is obvious :
http://silenthill.wikia.com/wiki/Midwich_Elementary_School

And for the Man:
Rajinikanth.jpg

dextermorgan

Arcane
Pic for my dude. Let me know if I need to cut it or something...

el+chupete+de+telly+savalas.jpg

Has anyone better luck than me in finding some good images of the Cottage from Evil Dead? I failed to find one good enough for a 'House' image.
Edit: never mind, wrong fucking movie.

Anabanana

Augur
Name: Dexter
Education: Highschool
Ancestry: European
Career: Police officer
Realistic, Investigative, Conventional
Favored stats: Resilient, Perceptive, Smart, in that order

I was certain that the last team was going to be a winner (they were fit, well equipped and in good relationships).
Back to this thread.... and they're all dead.Whoa.

If Azira is in, the battle is still not over even for Artabanes.

Name:Artabanes
Education: University
Ancestry: Middle Eastern
Career: I'd like to use Azira suggestion of 7 points (already survived one round, damn!)
Morgue Cleaner
Conventional,Realistic,Enterprising
Strong 2 Smart 3 Perceptive 0 (Drinking has done wonders) Resilient 2

This time.... we SHALL TRIUMPH!

You both need to give me one stat to be your character's main stat. Choose one from Strong, Smart, Perceptive, or Resilient.

Dexter, I'm assuming you want me to make a custom occupation called "Police Officer". There's already a "Police Officer" occupation in the game, so I'm calling your custom occupation "Cop" instead, unless you have a better name you want to call it.

Everybody, if you want to submit more locations, now is the time to do so!

dextermorgan

Arcane
You both need to give me one stat to be your character's main stat. Choose one from Strong, Smart, Perceptive, or Resilient.

Dexter, I'm assuming you want me to make a custom occupation called "Police Officer". There's already a "Police Officer" occupation in the game, so I'm calling your custom occupation "Cop" instead, unless you have a better name you want to call it.

Everybody, if you want to submit more locations, now is the time to do so!
Call it Detective :smug:

Also, choose traits in this order:
Investigative, Realistic, Conventional
Favored stats: Perceptive (main stat), Resilient, Smart, in that order

Moribund

A droglike
I was going to let someone else go but if there's not enough people I'll play.

Moribund
Money: Middle Class
Education: HS
Ancestry: Euro

Career: Superbitch

Snarky, Histrionic, Vindictive

Smarts: 1 (Let's be honest)
Perceptive: 5 (always finds something to complain about)
Resilient: 3 (not getting rid of me!)

Anabanana

Augur
Sorry, Moribund, we already have five players, haha! I'm just waiting on Dayyalu to give me his character's main stat. But no fear, I'll put you in the next round (if we have enough people wanting a next round)!

tindrli

Arcane
Sorry, Moribund, we already have five players, haha! I'm just waiting on Dayyalu to give me his character's main stat. But no fear, I'll put you in the next round (if we have enough people wanting a next round)!

i thought that you were one of the victimes of halloween!!!!

Anabanana

Augur
After being abandoned by the rescue chopper, Artabanes, Azira, and Lindblum managed to escape the zombie horde and make their way over to the neighboring town, picking up a detective called Dexter on the way. They were joined by Tindrli; what they thought was a fatal disembowelment turned out to be just a flesh wound. Without sexy tentacles to distract them, will our plucky band of survivors manage to make it to the chopper this time?

7gEVL.jpg

LzZ1q.jpg

Here are our four vets:

j0Yos.jpg

QFkBY.jpg

srNHO.jpg

nNTMt.jpg

And the newcomer:

HZVyj.jpg

Be nice to him, everybody!

Relationships

The greener the better. Arrows mean that a survivor is prejudiced against the other person, and hexagons mean that both are prejudiced against each other. You can use rumors to control relationships, but you can only spread it about one person once a day, and it might backfire. If relationships get too low, a myriad of negative consequences might happen. For example, if you put two people with bad relationships on the same job, they might start hating each other even more. If a relationship gets too bad, your survivors will fight and injure each other.

Here are a list of rumors that you can spread about a survivor. Options are in green.

Connection: [Insert name here] and Survivor are distant cousins. They lost contact many years ago because of a family feud/their families moved apart.

Celebrity: He wrote an article for the local paper/wrote a book/directed a film that wasslightly/moderately/outrageouslypopular among poor/middle-class/rich, young/middle-aged/old men/women.

Charity: Through his work as a [insert occupation here], he was known among friends/featured in the local paper/interviewed on television for offering his services free of charge/at a discount to educated/uneducated poor/middle-class/rich people.

Activism: He was a member of/spoke at a rally for/was leader of the local/State/National Association for Concerned [insert occupation here], Occupation, and Occupation.

Crime: He was accused/convicted of committing a serious/minor crime. The victim was gay/a foreigner/racistandmale/female, which were/but these were not motivating factors.

Actions

Here is a list of all current possible actions and how many stars each person has for each. The more stars you have, the better you are at an action. The number of stars and the availability of actions will change depending on a variety of factors, and I will try to update you if there is a significant change.

Certain actions will have different options, which will be in green.

Search location for anything useful/weapons and ammo/medical supplies/food and ingredients/tools and scrap.

Artabanes 5
Dexter 5
Tindrli 3
Lindblum 2
Azira 1

Watch for zombies.

Dexter 5
Artabanes 5
Tindrli 4
Lindblum 2
Azira 1

As expected of a Great Detective, Dexter is the most observant and nitpicky of them all.

Snipe zombies around this location. (You can also chose to snipe zombies in neighboring buildings.)

Tindrli 4
Artabanes 4
Dexter 2
Lindblum 2
Azira 1

Modify item, focusing on any/close combat/assault/sniping/cooking/barricading/demolition/engineering capability.

Dexter 3
Tindrli 3
Artabanes 2
Lindblum 1
Azira 1

Patrol outside and report back/attack zombies.

Tindrli 4
Artabanes 3
Dexter 2
Lindblum 2
Azira 1

Make regular/experimental traps.

Dexter 4
Tindrli 3
Artabanes 3
Azira 2
Lindblum 1

Barricade entrances quickly and loudly/slowly and quietly.

Artabanes 3
Tindrli 3
Lindblum 2
Dexter 1
Azira 1

Create a distraction by making noise.

Tindrli 5
Azira 4
Lindblum 3
Dexter 3
Artabanes 3

You can also choose to move to other buildings. You have three options:

Investigate. (You will approach the location quietly and take stock of the situation, before reporting back.)

Dexter 4
Tindrli 4
Artabanes 4
Lindblum 2
Azira 1

Breach. (You will attempt to enter the location, killing or incapacitating any zombies that get in the way.)

Tindrli 4
Artabanes 3
Lindblum 3
Azira 3
Dexter 2

Assault. (You will attack zombies in and around the warehouse without entering for as long as it's safe to do so, before heading back.)

Tindrli 4
Artabanes 4
Lindblum 3
Dexter 3
Azira 1

Holy shit, Azira. The poor guy is barely good for anything except for making loud noises - the trauma of nearly getting trampled to death by a rampaging horde of zombies must have addled his brain. He's even more useless than Lindblum the Librarian now, which I thought was impossible!

In contrast, Tindrli seems to have recovered fully from being gored by two zombies. He's the most consistently useful survivor across the board!

But yeah, have at it, my friends. Where should we go, what should we do, you know the drill. Apart from searching the starting location for at least one hour, I'm not making anything mandatory. THIS TIME! WE SHALL! TRIUMPH!

Lindblum

Augur
YES I finally have stats in 3's, still mediocre at best... guess I'm the DOCTOR in the group.
Azira at least has a stat at 4 and 3

Search current location x1
Break into the NE shop

and look a Library... right next to us... Scout the area.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom