Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play VtM: Wild Nights - Chapter 10

Lord Andre

Arcane
Is it all right if I join ? If not, disregard my post.

We should take into account that the world moves even if we stay still. While we're waiting, the status quo may change and we may find ourselves in a position where we cannot put the plan into motion. ex: we get delayed/trapped somewhere because of other player's actions, same goes for other people participating in the plan, jamieson may get distracted by something and is nowhere to be found etc.

Also, we are ventrue and playing a little theatre for the traitor to convince her should be right up our alley.

Sure, something will go wrong at some point but it's the kind of situation a ventrue can fix on the spot. If we wait, the wrong part will probably be something way harder to fix.

So, I vote A.

Esquilax

Arcane
Lord Andre said:
We should take into account that the world moves even if we stay still. While we're waiting, the status quo may change and we may find ourselves in a position where we cannot put the plan into motion. ex: we get delayed/trapped somewhere because of other player's actions, same goes for other people participating in the plan, jamieson may get distracted by something and is nowhere to be found etc.

Also, we are ventrue and playing a little theatre for the traitor to convince her should be right up our alley.

Sure, something will go wrong at some point but it's the kind of situation a ventrue can fix on the spot. If we wait, the wrong part will probably be something way harder to fix.

So, I vote A.

Feel free to comment, this good shit is open to everyone.

Now this I can agree with. I think that Jamieson can spin the coincidence of Wilkinson showing up in London and him coming up and killing both Anthony and Edgar the exact same day to his benefit. He can say that he needed to kill us ASAP before we decided to use the Caecilian as a publicity stunt or as a weapon against du Marchais. He had no idea Wilkinson would be there and he would have killed her had Edgar not come in and intervened.

Still debating, however...

Murk

Arcane
Wilkinson has shown to be pretty tactless -- we already discovered the betrayal and even got proof of Wilkinson talking to the Sabbat higher ups about how "we didn't suspect a thing" when we gave the promotion.

I can see A as doable...

...but I want to say B...

so, I don't vote. >;(

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
A. Wilkson is stupid.

1) Dubrik may not be, but it would probably never occur to her to mention that its suspicious she was promoted and so is near our guy.

2) THAT ALREADY HAPPENED WHEN SHE INFORMED DUBRIK OF THE PROMOTION.

While the human brain is pattern making factory, the two events are actually unrelated in truth. I think Dubrik will be cogent enough as a spymaster to recognize it. (unless jamieson starts talking about a secret tremere hate or something).

A)

The home sec is getting a little bit too nervous. Suggest greasing up somehow, or leaving him simmer a while, or blood bound if possible.

Oh btw, there is something obvious i'm forgetting.

Ask eanes for something for Jaimeson

The Vaulderie

The Vaulderie is, fundamentally, a simple blood-sharing practice overbuilt with excessive ceremony. The specifics vary from pack to pack and clan to clan, but in its most basic form, all vampires of the pack spill a good portion of their blood (at least 1 Blood Point's worth, in game terms) into a communal bowl. Once all members have done this, the blood is mixed and passed around again, so that each member may drink and share a sort of group-wide Blood Bond. However, given the dilution of blood, this is not nearly as powerful as a full one-on-one Blood Bond, nor does it grant any benefits of ghoulification or diablerie. It does, however, have the added benefit of breaking any other Blood Bonds the vampire might be suffering under - it seems sheer numbers can actually overcome a single, strong Bond.

This is going to happen. Maybe we should have all shared a blood bond like that for jaimeson to drink. Ask Eanes if there is something to resist a single Vaulderie. And give it to Jamieson.

laclongquan

Arcane
The pressure on Home Sec is a telling point. Leave it till later may concide with Sabbat's further escalation of the war and may create more mess than we can handle. Right now we can manage this chaos to our advantage.

More reason to go fast, I suppose.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
I edited my post. Now i'm unsure if we should wait to have something to resist the sabbat communal pack blood bond.

I would suggest something very much un-camarilla like if the storyteller think we can pull it off: our own conspiracy preventive vaulderie. Only applying to Jamieson if he agrees (a lesser amount of blood than 1pt from all vampires in the conspiracy), to all if they agree.

Obviously the prince would disapprove, but maybe the Jaimeson only alternative would mollify him, if attached to results. Jaimeson isn't even one of his vamps.

But maybe we should keep that idea for a time of more extreme crisis.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
We have realities to consider. The Vaulderie will happen to Jamieson: it is a standard sabbat practice every month, every night in time of war.

Before they use any information that Wilkinson provides, they will perform it with Jamieson, even with the timeline being tight.

Besides i would love to turn the elder's Jyhad game on them. Form a sub-sub sect.
Delicious: the responsible secret sabbat.

BTW i think the sheriff might be blood bound. Her loyalties and personality is a little bit puzzling.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
But wouldn't the new Vaulderie performed by the Sabbat overrite our Vaulderie anyway? Or be added to it, making Jamieson loyal to both us and Angelos? That would explain why the Sabbat repeat the ritual so often. They woudln't have to if it was a one-time deal.

My, my, what a can of worms we opened. I've NO idea how to work around this.

Also, flopping to A due to Lord Andre's arguments.

grotsnik

Arcane
Lord Andre said:
Is it all right if I join ? If not, disregard my post.

Of course it is!

By the way, would you peeps appreciate a quick meta-story update to give us some sense of Angelos' character (without spoilers related to the current storyline, of course)? Or would we rather avoid knowing anything Anthony doesn't know?

Mikayel said:
Wilkinson has shown to be pretty tactless -- we already discovered the betrayal and even got proof of Wilkinson talking to the Sabbat higher ups about how "we didn't suspect a thing" when we gave the promotion.

I can see A as doable...

...but I want to say B...

so, I don't vote. >;(
Pussy.

Voting A to spite him. :M

grot said:
By the way, would you peeps appreciate a quick meta-story update to give us some sense of Angelos' character (without spoilers related to the current storyline, of course)? Or would we rather avoid knowing anything Anthony doesn't know?
Nobody likes roleplayers. More updates!
Does this mean that he survives?...

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
grotsnik said:

Give us the meta-story, please. :love:

grotsnik

Arcane
Naah, just that he's alive now. And if you cunning blighters do succeed in killing him off, it'd be nice to make sure he goes out as a character rather than the unseen name he has been so far.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Storyfag said:
grotsnik said:

Give us the meta-story, please. :love:
:love:

Murk

Arcane
Black Bart Charley said:
Pussy.

Voting A to spite him. :M

Don't have enough time to reference the last two updates coherently, and I want to avoid voting just for the sake of voting.

I'd learn towards A tho, we can play Wilkinson's transfer off as a "need more help with major project, calling in anyone who is blood-bound and trustable"

...and having said that, I guess I'll just cognitive-dissonance myself into voting A.

A

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Not really.

The Malkavian Antitribu are truly touched by chaos. The Creation Rites warp them beyond even "normal" Malkavian standards. However, thanks to the Vaulderie, the Sabbat can control them better than the Camarilla.

Malkavians of the Sabbat are very disturbing to other sect members. They know things about others in and out of the Sabbat that they should not know. Their leaders take great care in watching and manipulating them. No Malkavian Antitribu lead the Sabbat in times of peace, though many have been successful leaders in times of Jyhad. Their loyalty is typically Malkavian. They are fanatically loyal one day and completely disinterested the next. They cannot be depended on but, when they are willing to serve the Sabbat, they are extremely fierce in their effort.

I would vote for at least sharing blood with us and fellowes. More if we can get it. I'd like to form a camarilla vaulderie cabal.

I think creating a new sect of purist secret anarchs would be cool.
This assassination could be our ... guarantee that we'd not be absorbed by the sabbat, like the original anarchs were, as well as a way to divert suspicion. The prince thinks we are 100% camarilla, the sabbat hates our (dead) guts, the anarchs still neutral (but contactable). I'd like to turn the sheriff too.

Jamieson resisting the vaulderie is a thin edge of a justification for this, that i'd like to broaden into something more regular.

Esquilax

Arcane
SCO said:
I would vote for at least sharing blood with us and fellowes. More if we can get it. I'd like to form a camarilla vaulderie cabal.

I think creating a new sect of purist secret anarchs would be cool.
This assassination could be our ... guarantee that we'd not be absorbed by the sabbat, like the original anarchs were, as well as a way to divert suspicion. The prince thinks we are 100% camarilla, the sabbat hates our (dead) guts, the anarchs still neutral (but contactable). I'd like to turn the sheriff too.

Jamieson resisting the vaulderie is a thin edge of a justification for this, that i'd like to broaden into something more regular.

Vaulderie would probably require some knowledge of ritual, however:

Those who are ignorant to the vaulderie's finer details beleive it to be a simply commingling of vampire vitae in a vessle and teh subsequent drinking of it. In truth the matter is far more mystical. To start the ritual, the priest takes a tool used specifically for the vaulderie and nothing else and cuts her writst. The ritual cutting tool could be a small knife, silver straight razor, or awl. To impart more gravity to the ritus, many packs use elaberate ritual bloodletters decorated with engraved swirls, twirls and blood dropplets. The priest then bleeds into the vessel and passes the cutting device to each sabbat present, who pierces his own flesh and bleeds into the chalice.] the vessel is then passes around the pack again and the priest cites an incantation over it, concentrating it as a terrible sacrament while every member of the pack draws a draught.

The most likely person to know about such a ritual would be Sammy Eames, unfortunately. She could be swayed by telling her that it could remove the Transubstantiation of Seven, so that she would no longer be bonded to her Elders. She is already disdainful of Kirkbeck, so she might go for it. If we go through with this, it would have to include Eames, Jamieson, and Edgar.

However, this is no guarantee that our bond would nullify the one that the Sabbat would probably put on Donnie. I say the best way to avoid a potential situation like that is to just get Eames to perform a Thaumaturgical ritual that would allow him to resist a single vaulderie. And to be honest, I don't even know if such a ritual would exist, and if it does, how long that it would take.

laclongquan

Arcane
@Grotsnik: If we succeed this endeavour, ie killing Angelos, I really rather you do the meta on a longlived character, like Dubrik. The spymaster of Liverpool shouldnt have much chance to come into direct contact with us therefore less chance to get killed by us.

@ALL: On the subject of creating bloodbond to protect Jamieson:

1. The only person may have a chance to know about it is Sammy. But isnt all Tremere have a curse forbidding them drinking blood of other vampires, with a very visible sign marking the offender? If that is the case I dont think Sammy will agree to this plan.

2. Just how many are joining this pack: Sammy, Jamieson, Eddie, Sommers. 4 is too few in my book and bringing in unknown members risk the secret. We dont even count the fact that 4 is not enough to counteract the Sabbat bloodbond which can have many more members.

3. The acquiescence of Eddie and Jamieson? I dont see them agreeing to this.

4. You are giving Samantha Eamess a chance to form Tremere Blood Bond with you, Eddie, and Jamieson. I dont know about you but the prospect give me the willies.

No thank you. I'd like say "HELL NO" to this proposal. Too reckless by half.

Or is it? Are you intentionally trying to get Sommers bloodbond by Sammy?

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
1) She wouldn't participate directly i think (drink the blood, she might contribute). It would make her feel safe, having a sword over our heads. A bad situation. But consider the alternative: Jaimeson blabbers the plan. The sabbat, might or might not manage to get the abomination, but a sort of counter trap could arise and a NY vamp goes to the London sabbat, because of us.

I loved the infiltrate plan too, but i just forgot about the vaulderie.
I too would prefer a ritual to resist without commiting this sudden step (i love the idea of a true anarch secret pack though - maybe jaimeson could inform us of the ritual afterward if he survives and we don't do it now?)

2) Sabbat packs are normally 3-10 vamps supposedly.

3) Jamieson would, obviously. Fellowes, might or might not. I'm more worried about Eanes. And the sheriff ofcourse.

4) That is going to happen anyway. Might as well be on our terms, where instead of only feeling loyalty to her, we would feel toward the camarilla "pack".

We could still cancel the Jaimeson goes to the sabbat (but i think he will anyway, he liked the idea).

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Actually, just thought of something - this hypothetical vaulderie

It could be Eanes plot instead of ours, if the storyteller so desires. She probably has the knowledge, and if she says nothing to the infiltrate the sabbat plan, she wants us to fail. Would she risk something that so skirts the unspoken rules of the elders? I dunno, but tremere are nothing if not keen researchers. Investigating vaulderie bloodbonds with the future intent of breaking herself out of the pyramid?

We could blackmail her back if she goes for it. If she does find out a way to evade the curse, so much the better. She'll join.

laclongquan

Arcane
And why would Tremere Blood Bond is going to happen "anyway"? After this operation happen we are so out of there. Staying in Greenwich mean staying far from our power base. In the long term we are to stay near Whitehall.

I dont intend to let Sommers lose all his relatively independent position to become a mere Acolyte in Sammy's chantry. Uh uh, no way. Aside from many things, one thing to consider is that it's very hard to advance in Tremere. Stay with Ventrue we have a chance to backstab and plot. You ever heard of Tremere backstab Tremere? I dont think so. The control is too stifling.

Like I said before our current choice, we trust Jamieson to deal with the Sabbat effectively. He know the deal, he knows the risks. We prepare all bases, now let US New York Emissary loose.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom