Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's play ironman Cataclysm (roguelike)

• Thread starter Multi-headed Cow
  • Start date

Multi-headed Cow

GKLvv.png

Cataclysm, post apocalyptic survival roguelike and not Homeworld spinoff. I've only barely played (A game or two) of an older version of this and it was still pretty rough, both in polish and difficulty. Since I know jack shit about this and my previous game ended with me being overwhelmed by zombies in short order, sounds like the perfect game to ironman! It's because I'm lazy and like to make short let's plays, you see.
If you want to try yon videogame, head over to their forum where the latest versions are posted. http://whalesdev.com/forums/index.php?topic=143.15
I'll decide to go for a custom character even though I don't know what I'm doing. The only thing I DO know is there's only one NPC in the game at the moment, so charisma and dialog stats/skills are dump.

rPQrS.png

Stats. STR is also essentially CON and increases HP and resists. DEX increases to hit for both melee and ranged. INT is tied to "Skill comprehension" and "Read times", and is used in crafting and installing bionics I'm informed. Perception increases spot chances and ranged to hit by a larger amount per point than DEX. I'll go for my Fallout-standard of small guns, so my final stats are STR 8 DEX 10 INT 8 PER 12.

WCTsA.png

Traits. You may notice I have 0 points left, this is because "Points" are used across stats, traits, and skills. Fortunately there are negative traits in here to build up more points. Not shown positive traits are gourmand, animal empathy, terrifying, disease resistant, high adrenaline, inconspicious, masochist, light step, heartless, android, and robust genetics. Not shown negative traits are jittery, hoarder, savant, mood swings, weak stomach, wool allergy, HP ignorant, truth teller, and ugly.
For negative traits, I take addictive personality (More easily addicted to drugs), truth teller (Can't lie to NPCs), and ugly (NPCs will react to being an uggo). This racks up 6 points. Positive traits are tempting, but I think skills may be more important.

t2xdN.png

Skills. Not shown skills are cooking, tailoring, carpentry, first aid, speech, barter, computers, survival, traps, and swimming.
I take two ranks of firearms (First rank costs 1 point, second costs 3. Firearms is listed as improving your skill with all firearms, but not as much as a type-specific skill), a rank of rifles, and a rank of dodge.

RumIw.png

Our hero is ready to venture out into the wastes!

Id2M5.png

The adventure begins! Cleve is in an evac bunker with the only other survivor. His only weapons are his mighty fists, his only equipment being jeans, a t shirt, and sneakers.

2qY8d.png

Cleve is not interested in saving anyone but himself! Even if she isn't wearing a shirt.

wVixM.png

The map of the surrounding terrain. The C to the east is a cave, the Fs are forest, gray lines are roads, the Ms are a mansion, the 8s are a giant (crooked) beehive, Hs are highways, various symbols to the north denote specific buildings that make up a town including houses, a radio tower, a subway station, a liquor store, a pharmacy, a hardware store, a police station, and a gas station.

What does Cleve do, Codex? Head toward town? And if so, where? Explore random houses, go to the police station and hope for guns, go to liquor store and see if he can drink himself to death? Stay in the evac shelter and try to eat Maria's babymeat (Don't think cannibalism is possible in this unfortunately)? Go to the giant beehive because nothing is safer in the post apocalyptic wasteland than a beehive the size of 9 houses?

Lindblum

Augur
Head to a city grab as much gear then get out.

I think you have 30 mins(8:30 am) before the game spawns Zombies.

Multi-headed Cow

Since Cleve's got two tied options, I resort to dice roll. The die has sense and recommends visiting the town and not the giant hell-bee hive.

H7gzd.png

Here's an example of the "World proper" view outside of the building which gives some slight sense of scale for the world map previously shown if you compare it to the minimap. Cleve finds some delicious strawberries lying on the ground and sets off toward town.

xkIvW.png

Cleve's made it to the edge of town without danger. He's seen some spiders (Giant? I'm going to assume so) on the way but has made sure to avoid them. He decides to check out some nearby houses while it seems safe and see if he can find anything useful. He finds a USP 9MM with 50 rounds of ammunition inside! Well that was better than expected. Cleve's primarily a rifleman of course, but hopefully those two ranks of firearms and his stats will make this pistol decent. Cleve also finds a hoodie and equips it and suddenly gains a desire to play KotOR 7 times and love ARMA. Finally Cleve takes some leather gloves, some batteries, and a first aid kit. He leaves behind various minor medicines and vitamins, eyeglasses, bubblewrap, a few books, some knives and nails. I have no idea how many of these items are useful, so at the moment I'm sticking to what sounds most useful.
Also worth mentioning that taking pictures of each house seems impractical since the game doesn't have "Fog of war" for previously explored areas, you only get LOS on your immediate surroundings.

tSD9Q.png

Cleve sees some food in the house across the street. The door is locked, but his mighty titanium bones smash through a window and slip inside. Why take damage breaking in to this house? Because there's a refrigerator! Cleve collects two apples and two bottles of water. Your character's carrying capacity is limited both by weight and "Volume" stat in Cataclysm, inventory volume determined by how much you can easily carry. Since Cleve is only gaining volume from his jeans and hoodie's pockets, that's how much he can cram in his pockets while leaving his hands free for his gun. A backpack would be useful here.
Cleve also finds a flashlight and some boots, and replaces his sneakers with them.
Finally he finds a dust mask, and puts it on because what the hell. True STALKERs always wear hoodies and cover their mouths. I believe there are horrible mutations and diseases in this, so it's probably not a bad idea.

DW1aH.png

Cleve tries the door on the next house and again finds it locked. He moves from window to window peering inside to see if there's anything that looks immediately worth breaking in for, when he finds... A messenger bag! It's not a backpack, but it's better than cramming his pockets full of shit. When he slides the messenger bag on, I receieve a message saying Cleve's torso is very encumbered and dodging and melee are hampered. I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's worth it, since his jeans and hoodie combined were giving 13 storage points, but this bag by itself gives 30.
The rest of Cleve's haul from the house is a lighter and a baseball cap.

qhSAM.png

Cleve has made it to the police station. The doors are locked, so it looks like it's window smashing time yet again.

3uKFV.png

WHAT KIND OF SICK BASTARD PUTS A BURGLARY ALARM ON A POLICE STATION. Going to assume I'll be safe enough looting the building since I haven't seen any monsters to speak of. Cleve goes through the door behind the counter first. He finds a few (Empty) storage-looking rooms, some jail cells with nobody in them, and a sealed metal door with a security computer near it. Since Cleve's looking for low hanging fruit first, he heads back to the lobby and goes through the door to the north. This leads to a long hallway the goes the length of the building and ends in another sealed metal door. As Cleve is heading back to try his luck with the security computer, he spots:

rhd3r.png

An eyebot! The alarm may not have attracted ravening hordes of mutants, but it did deploy a robot. Or maybe it was just dumb luck! Whatever the case, Cleve decides to ignore ED-E for the moment and heads toward the computer.

P9jPN.png

Bypass security... Y. IS CLEVE A MASTER HACKER?

Nlr2C.png

Oh... Oh god. Manhacks. MANHACKS. If you've never played Half-Life 2, these are flying robots surrounded by whirling blades and bump in to people and tear them to shreds. They're also fast little shits, so I don't think Cleve can outrun them. Especially when they're near his exits. Nothing for it, time to open fire.

0aM1C.png

MAKE FIGHT, CLEVE. Cleve's first shot destroys that manhack! The other visible one closes to melee but doesn't yet hit. Cleve fires a second round and score a critical hit and destroys it as well!

p56ZY.png

Good thing those robots are fragile. And good thing dumping all those points in firearms and perception seems to have paid off. If you're curious why Cleve has less XP after killing the robots than he did before, it's because of how Cataclysm's XP system works. You gain XP as time advances, at a rate tied to your morale. XP is then spent on skills when you use them, so presumably points were going toward firearms and/or pistols due to the combat. A weird combination of "Use to improve" and spending points.
Cleve checks his immediate surroundings for any more manhacks, and finds:

v7tsD.png

The eyebot is closing in on the police station. It's not yet hostile, but is listed as "Tracking". I'm not sure if the eyebot immediately communicates its findings with a central base, or if I could shoot it and destroy it before it finds me, or if I could run out the back door (Which I discovered to my chagrin was unlocked) and hope it didn't spot me when I spotted it.

What do, Codex? Kill eyebot? Leave eyebot alone? Try to hack the security console again in the hopes that it can't spit out more manhacks if he fails? Leave the police station since any treasure it may have is too well sealed for Cleve to reach and continue plundering the town? Tune in next time for another "Exciting" episode of Cataclysm!

InsanityForce

Educated
I would say, go back to plundering the town. And if you can, drop all items that would encumber you like food in a easy to reach place I don t know if enemies can loot items too...), that way you won't have wasted your time even if you don't find anything immediately useful. Also, you should try to get a melee weapon, even if you did not raise the stats for them.
This is the kind of game where it pays to play safely and hoard items.

Undrelated : It has been a few days since I created my Let's Play Realmz thread, and no one has sumbitted any character, which prevents me from starting the LP I am so eager to make. Please, guys ?
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/lets-play-realmz.71817/

Multi-headed Cow

Two votes for killing eyebot and trying to hack the door, and one vote for plundering the town. Looks like Cleve will be attempting to hack the door and will go back to plundering once he's attempted hacking again.
Also Insanityforce, not sure if other critters will loot items or not. There shouldn't be other survivors, but I don't know if monsters will take crap. Not a bad idea trying to make a central stash for goods in town, but I also sorta want to keep the goods on me in case things get hairy.

t6iaS.png

Huh. Cleve takes a shot at the eyebot and barely misses, but an alarm sounds as the bullet breaks the window and more manhacks appear. When Cleve failed his hack attempt it looked like more than 2 manhacks deployed, I guess these were the others. Cleve BRAVELY STANDS IN THE DOORWAY and continues firing at the robots.
Shot 2, grazing hit and destroys a manhack.
Shot 3, miss and the manhack advances as a third manhack moves in to view.
Shot 4, miss and the hacks advance.
Shot 5, miss and the hacks advance. Cleve needs to calm himself, Cataclysm has a slightly strange recoil system where each shot fired in a row builds up recoil which decreases accuracy.
Cleve moves a square to the lower right to reduce recoil. Manhacks advance.
Shot 6, grazing hit and a manhack is destroyed.
Cleve moves to the upper right to reduce recoil penalty.
Shot 7, grazing hit and final (?) manhack is destroyed. Cleve reloads his gun and steps back toward the lobby to look for the eyebot. He finds it in the long hallway.
Shot 1 against eyebot, grazing hit for 4 damage and the eyebot takes Cleve's picture.
Shot 2, headshot for 37 damage, destroying the eyebot. Cleve reloads his gun yet again and heads back toward the computer.

WkNX9.png

Since I just realized I haven't done this yet, a picture of Cleve's inventory. Probably should show this in case anything happens, such as...

fMIhk.png

4 manhacks dropping on top of Cleve as he attempts to hack the computer again! How many manhacks does a police station need!? Whatever the case, it's time to start firing wildly again.
Shot 1, Cleve destroys a manhack, and a manhack hits his head and mouth.
Shot 2, Cleve destroys a manhack, and a manhack hits his right arm.

MeUMZ.png

Shot 3, Cleve destroys a manhack and hears a police sirent for the northwest. That... Can't be good. I also finally notice that the manhacks seem to be fleeing. Maybe this is a sign I should haul ass out of here before whatever's making that siren arrives. I try waiting for the manhacks to clear the door which they begin to, and then the treacherous bastards spin back around and begin attacking just as:

rDnPD.png

ROBOCOP! If Cleve can kill these damn robots, maybe he can make it out the back door which is to the southeast, and leg it across the field and hide in a house.
Shot 4, Cleve destroys a manhack.
Shot 5, Cleve destroys a manhack.

bFGjh.png

Cleve's state after dealing with the manhacks. Heavy pain, lowered HP, lowered stats. First aid kit says it has bandages, anti-biotics, and rapid healing agents, but no time to use it just yet. I assume it takes more time than a single generic action but I don't know for sure. Painkillers seem to be what Cleve needs more than anything at the moment. The robot continues shouting as Cleve makes it out the back door.
Unfortunately, as soon as Cleve pokes his head outside, he can see an eyebot in the distance to the southeast. Change of immediate plan, time to try to run to one of the houses to the northeast!

F9JhW.png

Fuck fuck fuck, more manhacks are following him. He's almost at the houses, but with manhacks hot on his ass it doesn't seem like he could outrun them.
Shot 1, miss.
Shot 2, miss and a third manhack moves in to view.
Shot 3, miss.
Shot 4, manhack destroyed and eyebot moves in to immediate view and is tracking.
Shot 5, manhack destroyed.
Shot 6, manhack destroyed. Eyebot is getting close.

PTA2H.png

Cleve tries the door to this house only to find it locked. If need-be he'll smash a window and jump inside, but he seems to be roughly keeping pace with the eyebot which is just inside the alley to the left. According to the minimap there should be one more house to the right of here, so Cleve will keep moving and try that door before smashing any windows.
Of course, the door is locked. Well fuck it, FUCK IT, Cleve smashes the window and pulls himself inside. Nothing immediately catches his eye to loot, though he does notice some marijuana. Just what is required in this apocalyptic hellhole. Cleve runs to the bathroom and closes the door behind himself since it seems to be the only room in the house without any windows. Can eyebots use doors? I'm going to assume not.
Fortunately for Cleve, this bathroom contains 20 vitamins, 20 aspirin (YES!), bandages, Dayquil, caffeine pills, and Nyquil. Cleve scoops up the vitamins, aspirin, and bandages. Cleve eats 2 aspirin for the pain and settles in to wait in the bathroom.
LPHN9.png

That's it for this update. May knock out another update later tonight, the vague plan being wait in this bathroom for a half hour and hope the robots leave and get back to looting and exploring, and hope these painkillers kick in.
Music to set the mood for Cleve running around, pistol in hand and crunching painkillers.

Multi-headed Cow

A short blurb before this next chunk of adventure begins, just noticed I didn't see batteries in Cleve's inventory when I looked at the screenshot I took of it. I was pretty sure I picked those up, so I'm not sure if I dropped them temporarily to make room (Possible, before finding the messenger bag I had to do some juggling) and forgot them, or if they were automatically put in the flashlight when I picked that up, since it looks like it's fully charged.

Cleve waits an uneventful half an hour. The pain is still pretty bad, but lessening thanks to the painkillers. He reloads his pistol and decides to head outside in the hopes that the eyebot and whatever was yelling for him at the police station have left.
Since the police station seems like a dead end, Cleve begins more thoroughly searching the house he was hiding in, and intends to check out the surrounding buildings. He finds a drama novel and takes it with him. Since he's not particularly burdened at the moment, having something to read next time he finds himself hiding in a bathroom would be nice. Reading the book would take 25 minutes but increase morale by 4.

x7agj.png

While searching the final room in the house, Cleve notices a blob in the distance, the description of which is "A black blob of viscous goo that oozes across the ground like a mass of living oil." It may be best to break a window and exit from the back of this building and hope to avoid attracting it, whatever it is. Cleve picks up two cans of root beer, an apple, a bag of instant coffee, and a steak knife. It's not much of a melee weapon but it's better than nothing. While leaving the kitchen to head to the back, Cleve notices a small blob with the larger one. Great, now there's more of them.
Cleve climbs out the rear window, and notices the eyebot is still moving around to the west. He checks his global map and notices a slime pit to the north. Well, now the mystery of the blobs is solved. A few more houses and a clothing store is that way, but Cleve's had enough of this part of town. Time to head east to check out the houses and the gas station there.

9XKhF.png

Eyebots just won't quit! While climbing over the dividers on the highway Cleve notices the eyebot trailing him. It's not hostile, but will it bring more robots?

fVgtl.png

While attempting to outrun the eyebot, Cleve spots zombies in the distance. Why can't things be simple? Well, enough's enough. The eyebot isn't giving up, but maybe Cleve can destroy it before it can take his picture and maybe (?) bring robots.
It takes 6 shots before Cleve finally hits the eyebot, but he scores a critial and destroys it. Since he needs to go east a fair bit before heading south, he sets off on his way and hopes the zombies don't follow him. The pain starts getting worse, so he takes a few more aspirin.
A zombie to the east, now. Sounding like combat is going to be unavoidable if I want to keep looting.

f96NS.png

Gun, don't fail me now! Shot 1, grazing hit for 4 damage.
Shot 2, miss.
Shot 3, miss.
Shot 4, grazing hit for 9 damage and a zombie appears to the southwest.
Shot 5, grazing hit for 1 damage.
Shot 6, miss and a third zombie appears.

Hrawp.png

Ok, ok, you guys win. I'm not going to bother you any more! Cleve starts running toward the north with a pack of zombies lurching after him. Unfortunately to the best of my knowledge there's no run command unlike Rogue Survivor, so Cleve is only slowly gaining ground. He also becomes hungry and thirsty while jogging along.

qI5JL.png

Young fungaloid and spore spotted in the distance. Their descriptions are "A fungal tendril just a couple feet tall. Its exterior is hardened into a leathery bark and covered in thorns; it also moves faster than full-grown fungaloids." and "A wispy spore, about the size of a fist, wafting on the breeze." Not going to go near either of those. While heading to the northeast however, Cleve also spots a fungal wall, which is described as "A veritable wall of fungus, grown as a natural defense by the fungal spire. It looks very tough, and spews spores at an alarming rate." and sure enough, it releases more spores. Cleve checks his map, and a "Fungal bloom" is now marked nearby. There's also an evac shelter to the northeast. Perhaps there are supplies there, even though the one we started in didn't have any. If nothing else maybe we can lose the zombies.

8Liw5.png

Inside the evac shelter. Last we know the zombie pack was still following vaguely from the southwest. Still, time for a quick breather. Cleve reloads his gun, eats a handful of strawberries, and drinks a can of root beer. Time to see if there's anything useful in this shelter. Cleve heads down the stairs and activates his flashlight.

RGlR7.png

Winter boots, wool gloves, knit hat. No no no. Backpack and bandages, yes! Cleve picks up 3 more bandages and a backpack, which he equips while dropping his messenger bag. Doing a quick inventory check, Cleve finds that the 15 rounds in his pistol are all that's left to him, and his t-shirt, hoodie, and baseball cap are all ripped, and his dust mask is torn. God damn manhacks (and totally not from climbing through a bunch of broken windows).

RXR0Y.png

Cleve walks up the stairs, turns the flashlight off, and heads toward the eastern exit when A ZOMBIE WALKS UP THE STAIRS HE JUST CAME FROM WHAT THE FUCK? It's listed as moderately injured, was this the one he shot a few times outside? How did it get in here? The doors are closed and the basement was one room with stairs heading up. It can't be real, can it? Is it a bug? Is Cleve going mad (It's possible in this (There are supposedly even some Cthulhu mythos monsters)) after being chased by robots and the undead and viewing giant spiders, black blobs, and rapidly growing mean looking plants? IS THIS THE END OF OUR MIGHTY TITANIUM BONED HERO?

What should Cleve do, Codex? He's got 15 bullets left for his gun, and has a steak knife for melee but is taking a pretty large penalty to melee due to his backpack (Yeah, I don't really get it either) so ranged and melee combat are available but not terribly good options. He could try to run out the door to the east and head southeast-ish and try circling back to the gas station and hope the zombies that were chasing him (And this one) keep their distance. Whatever the case, his fate is in your hands! Can he make it to day 2?

SerratedBiz

Arcane
(It's possible in this (There are supposedly even some Cthulhu mythos monsters))

Oh man. I hope you live long enough to trigger some sanity effects.

Phelot

Arcane
Just tried the game - stumbled upon a large number of corpse full of empty weapons and cocaine... What the heck ?

:lol: Must have been the aftermath of Tony Montana being taken down.

Sounds like a cool game, also another vote for RUN!

InsanityForce

Educated
Shot 1 against eyebot, grazing hit for 4 damage and the eyebot takes Cleve's picture.

What does that do ? does it make the manhacks/other eyebots attack you on sight ?

How though are zombies, anyways ?
I think you should kill this one, letting him chase you longer won't help much. Unless you regenerate health very fast in this game.
Then see if you could find some ammo in this place...

This game looks awesome.

Phelot

Arcane
Yeah, I was wondering about the picture too... I was thinking that maybe whatever was telling him to "put his hands up and come out slowly" or whatever might not always be aggressive, but if a picture of him is around it might auto go hostile? In any case, he had on a face mask and hoodie...

Actually, yeah it might be worth offing this one zombie, maybe you just missed it somehow? Or it's a bug and ALL of those zombies are gonna get in somehow :D

Lindblum

Augur
To the best of my knowledge this game is doing a good job emulating reality.

You level up when you fill your xp obviously but a better way is taking drugs you find around. Also the Mod pack is much better than vanilla as it adds multiple functions.

TripJack

Hedonist
:lol: I have been playing this game a bit, and it is great. Based on my limited experience so far I have to agree with lindblum.

Run.

Phelot

Arcane
Do the robots attack the zombies? That would be pretty cool running through 3 way battles.

TripJack

Hedonist
if they do i haven't seen it

infighting would be a pretty cool feature for this game

Phelot

Arcane
That's what made the other zombie game sound cool even though I don't think we saw too many huge battles of zombies vs. cops vs. bikers vs. MHC's Sociopath

Multi-headed Cow

The winning vote is run, AND RUN HE DID. [/gaider]

V97c2.png

Cleve heads out the east door and slams it shut behind him. If the zombie's real, that'll slow it down.

2rlNf.png

Uh... Ok, I'm starting to entertain the slight possibility that the zombie may, just may, be real. How did it get in the evac shelter? I still have no goddamn idea, but if this is in Cleve's head then his imagination is good enough to fabricate smashing a door. In 3-4 more rounds of moving away from the building, the door is destroyed and the zombie lurches into view.
Cleve makes it nearly back to the gas station without seeing any other zombies but the one pursuing him, before he finally spots another zombie at the gas station. He starts heading east as the evac shelter zombie lurches closer, and he spots a fungal zombie in the distance to the southeast. Description: "A diseased zombie. Fungus sprouts from its mouth and eyes, and thick gray mold grows all over its translucent flesh." At this point Cleve wishes he was right about machete wielding rape gangs.
Anyway, east. EAST. Cleve heads east into the unknown.

sUkwf.png

OH JESUS. NORTHEAST, NORTHEAST.

VuvE3.png

Enemies northeast, east, and southeast. God DAMN it.

gdEGh.png

Cleve's location on the world map. Ts are fungal blooms, and the C is a cave. The south is relatively unknown, but highways have highway dividers. Hopefully, JUST HOPEFULLY, highway dividers will cause the zombies more trouble to scramble over than Cleve.

1Gs3D.png

Of course, this is meaningless if zombies are on the other side of the highway anyway. FUCK. Cleve starts heading east again.

QivEp.png

Ok, zombies don't have too much trouble climbing over dividers.

6M5iD.png

Houses! ANOTHER TOWN! Maybe Cleve can lose the zombies in the buildings!
Cleve seemingly loses the zombies and begins picking through the few neighboring houses. He picks up a few odds and ends of bandages, some replacement clothes, aspirin, etc. Things seem fine until a zombie from the NORTHEAST spots him through a window and starts lurching after him. He tries to lose the zombie by going to a different building, but encounters even more zombies in the distance, including a boomer. Description: "A bloated zombie sagging with fat. It emits a horrible odor, and putrid, pink sludge drips from its mouth."

VGoTU.png

They're getting in to the house! Cleve closes the door behind himself and desperately looks for an exit. He hears the zombies bashing the door he just closed as he runs across the room to a window.

bXOsY.png

Fungal zombie. Zombies outside the window, zombies outside the door. Cleve is completely surrounded by the horde. Still, nothing for it. Cleve smashes the window and runs outside. Cleve keeps running, and running, AND RUNNING!

uMr16.png

Zombies EVERYWHERE. Cleve spots a giant wasp at the end of this alley, and smashes through a window and into a house. He runs through the room slams the door shut behind himself, then runs through that room and slams the door shut just as the previous door starts to get bashed in. He then runs across THIS room and breaks through a window to find outside:

J8B9U.png

A boomer, and an acid rain has started. NOW EVEN THE ELEMENTS ARE TURNING AGAINST CLEVE.

720ub.png

Ignore the pain Cleve! RUN! RUN!
Wait, that... That's a police station over there. What if...

cdNsT.png

Cleve fires his gun at the window, shattering it. An alarm sounds. Will the robots fight the zombies? Will they get here in time? No idea, but Cleve can't run forever. He runs inside the police station and slams the door behind himself. Similar layout to the other station, past the lobby is a long hallway with cells and what look like storage rooms, and a metal door with a security console. Cleve could try to trigger manhacks, but judging by his previous experiences they'd be dropped on top of him and be of little use against the zombies. Cleve runs down the hallway to buy himself as much time as possible. He'll make his stand here, if the robots arrive or not.

NPWwk.png

Cleve hides in a storage room as he hears the zombies battering down the doors outside. He eats a couple apples and drinks a bottle of water and takes two more aspirin. This could be it, might as well go as comfortably as possible.
Cleve waits. 10 minutes pass with the occasional sound of something breaking outside. 5 more minutes pass with no noise. I use the "Long wait" feature, thinking it'll alert me if anything happens, and set it to 30 minutes. The time passes and nothing happens.

yqYfs.png

QZWAE.png

This is Cleve's situation. Should he wait in the storage room longer? Should he head out and see what's going on? Should he try to eat all his aspirin and overdose instead of going back out into that mutated acid raining hellhole? Cleve's still alive, but for how much longer Codex!?

TripJack

Hedonist
:lol: I don't know how you are still alive. You don't have much choice bro. Chill in the room for a bit and heal up.

You need a better melee weapon.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom