Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's Play Invisible Inc. - Corp Infiltration 101

Hellraiser

Arcane
INDEX

RUN 1
Day 1. Sankaku? More like Seppuku. (this post)
Day 2. Raiding the lost and found offices.
Day3. Chairman Yang approves.

The X-Com meets Deus Ex meets FTL game by Klei just got pre-released. By which I mean that people who got it in EA (like myself) can play it a week before official release on the 12th of May.

RUN 1

Day 1

Sankaku? More like Seppuku.

INV1-001.png~original

Let's do this.

INV1-003.png~original

NEIN, let's start fresh, so I can introduce you to zee various agents over multiple failed runs. Also they added new shit in the past 6 months.

INV1-009.png~original

Advanced campaign customization options are one of those new features. I picked experienced with 1 rewind (instead of 3). Did not notice the +1 KO time which is popamole. In the last EA build normal or whatever the middle difficulty was called had 2 turn KOs not 3 turn KOs. Also this lets you turn off the auto-incrementing alarm, which reduces tension and is for declinist popamole cowards. Real men play with the alarm on, as it makes the game really challenging.

INV1-011.png~original

Starting agents are Decker, boozehound and stealth enthusiast. Decker starts with a snazzy modded cloaking rig, which grants him cloak until the end of the turn (in the previous build this was just for 4 tiles of movement). He also gets an augment allowing him, uh, something. Just forgot what. But it was better and more useful than the EA build one. He also has a good old Neural Disrupter, the basic melee KO weapon.

Internationale is a proper hacker, her implant allows her to detect and reveal security nodes through walls as well as hack from range. Extremely useful.

As for incognita software loadout only PWR drip and Lockpick 1.0 are available at this point. PWR drip grants +1 PWR per turn passively, PWR is used to use software, you get it by hacking generic (mostly) unprotected terminals and compromising the local network. Lockpick 1.0 uses 2 PWR to break one level of firewalls. Every secured device has at least one level of firewall protecting it before you can use it or disable it.

As I complete or fail this run I will unlock more agents and starting software. However it is still possible to gain these agents and software during the run. Only with agents they start with no items but only their skills and augments (more on why later).

INV1-012.png~original

INV1-014.png~original

INV1-015.png~original

tl;dr version of the intro, Invisible Inc. HQ gets raided, the agency is on the run, resources are shit and some agents are MIA (probably captured). I need to hunt down those responsible and have 72 hours (can be set to more or less, but 72 is teh default value) to gather resources for the final mission.

INV1-016.png~original

And the RNG fucks me over and makes the mandatory executive terminals mission spawns 11 hours worth of stealth jet flight away.

INV1-017.png~original

Cyberpunk Makro Cash and Carry has an executive terminal in Nyu Yawk. The local executive is bound to forget to lock his terminal when going to snort coke, fuck the secretary or whatever it is upper management does instead of working.

INV1-018.png~original

Read: no looting of pistols, need to buy that shit or find non-genelocked guns.

INV1-019.png~original

In the EA build you arrived via elevator and had to leave by another different elevator, which did not make my sense. So now you DEEP STRIKE through one way teleporters and need to find an exit teleporter.

INV1-021.png~original

The job is simple, find the terminal, loot as much as possible, run to the teleporter and have scotty beam my agents up before shit gets hot.

INV1-022.png~original

The anti-camping alarm mechanic. Moving fast but stealthily makes things easier. Less guards to avoid, less firewalls to crack, less cameras to disable.

INV1-023.png~original

Internationale knocks out the first victim and loots stuff from him, the passcard will open red secure doors. KO'd guards wake up after 3 turns, you can pin guards by placing an agent on top of the KO'd guard pausing the wake up countdown. Dragging unconscious guards also acts as pinning.

Pardon for the lack of screenshots showing the tactical sitatuon up to this moment but if there is one thing I do not like in this game, it is that fraps does not work with it and screenshot captors suffers image capture delays of ~1-2 seconds.

INV1-024.png~original

Along the way a nanofab is located. These act as stores and need to be hacked to be used. I'll buy the shocktrap even if I can't use it because shock traps are ridiculously good. Not only do they ignore armor (allowing you to KO even energy shield security without hacking the shield out) but they also work on fucking drones. Shock traps are half the reason why Tony Xu is one of the better agents in the game (more on that later when I unlock or if I rescue the guy).

The cooker is a nice gun with 1 armor piercing. Now guns of course kill, but killing is something you really only use when desperate. For one it is expensive (needs charge packs to reload), it creates clean up cost penalties per every corpse (you lose cash) and most importantly it raises the alarm level due to guards having life sign monitors. It is sometimes unavoidable, but the game has a lot of incentives to not only go non-lethal but also to even avoid KOing guards.

Still, guns are probably the best way to get rid of drones.

INV1-025.png~original

Ok, since screenshots have been sparse so far let me explain what happened. Internationale and Decker split up, since this is a level 1 security mission and guards should be low. Raided a few safes, Internationale collected PWR of some terminals and KO'd that one guard so now he's investigating. This is why if possible, it is better to sneak past guards since they will just follow routine patrols or stand in one place (you can spend 1 AP to reveal their patrol route within your field of view). When investigating they become a bit unpredictable, you still know where they will walk next turn with observation, but it is harder to plan ahead.

Decker found the objective (guarded by on stationary guard), Internationale just found loot and a dead end.

INV1-027.png~original

Decker found the second most important thing on the map, the exit teleporter. There is still some loot in the north I did not have time to investigate so before I nap the objective it is best to raid that. Also one change since the EA build is that getting the main objective always triggers something (or someone) making shit harder. More on that in a moment.

INV1-029.png~original

Not sure where the other guard came from. Reinforcements should not arrive until alarm level 3 I think, or maybe they changed that.

They're both alert but the one guarding the objective is still chilling.

INV1-031.png~original

While Internationale was raiding the north, one of those pesky guard stumbled into the executive terminal room. You can now see his vision in red, if an agent steps into that, the guard goes into overwatch and will shoot the agent next turn. There is no HP, you get shot you die, unless you use some med item, but usually if you get into a situation where an agent gets shot another agent risks getting shot while doing the reviving.

The yellow squares indicate tiles hidden from the guard's sight despite being in his field of view. Basically cover and such. You can move between hiding squares without the guard spotting you. If an agents is getting locked-on in overwatch, you can escape from it if you move to a hidden square that is 1 tile away from the current position.

Now what I did was observe the movement on the guard, hide Decker, sneak in with internationale and KO both guards next turn.

INV1-033.png~original

Got the objective, it takes up one inventory slot.

INV1-034.png~original

I think now all executive terminals trigger patrol route scrambling. Hardly an issue, other mission types have worse things happening.

INV1-035.png~original

Beam me up Central.

INV1-036.png~original

INV1-037.png~original

New summary screen. This is very useful. I hacked devices spending 34 PWR and hacking everything (PWR does not carry over), pissed off nearly all guards, spent/lost 400 credits (shock trap). All in all an easy mission.

INV1-038.png~original

Now I need to upgrade the Anarchy skill (basically THIEVAN) for credits to use the shock trap. This will also allow internationale to pickpocket from guards. Lots of useful gadgets use anarchy.

INV1-039.png~original

Both Internationale and Decker also get a Strength upgrade. Strength now reduces guard dragging AP cost (was wondering why it was so high) and KO damage at max level. In addition to granting inventory slots which by itself is very useful, expecially during vault raiding missions (you need to place all those priceless ming vases somewhere!).

INV1-040.png~original

INV1-041.png~original

Which is bullshit as monst3r is not offering us anything at the moment. Sometimes he has an item to sell between missions, most of the time though those suck.

INV1-042.png~original

With the site map looted I know have access to more randomly generated sites. These differ by main objectives, corp that is being raided and of course difficulty and distance from our current location. The basic idea is to pick what you need the most considering the difficulty, enemy corp and the amount of time it will eat from those precious 72 hours. Pretty brilliant if you ask me, forces you to make meaningful strategic choices.

INV1-043.png~original

Cybernetics labs guarantee free augmentations OR free augmentation slots (you get to pick). There's always at least two operating bots. Compared to the early access build these no longer KO the agent upon use, however they added something a lot more FUN in the place of KOing your agents.

INV1-044.png~original

Snazzy loading screen.

INV1-045.png~original

Cyberpunk Makro will hate us.

INV1-046.png~original

Incognita view! Activated with SPESSS I mean space, this is from what you hack devices. There's a secondary server terminal here, another new addition in the release build. Basically this grants access to the B@z@@r and warez (incognita software, not a pirated copy of the game :M). Everything is at level one firewalls since this is an easy mission. Later on or as the alarm progresses (or as shit gets triggered) devices gain firewall levels, which is bad.

INV1-047.png~original

I hacked the impassible laser fence's power and turned it off. There's a nosy guard around but he's alone and unarmored so not much of a threat.

INV1-048.png~original

Incoginita view also shows which safes have been looted so far. The guard is on a simple patrol route, I hack the nanofab and have Decker check out the goodies sold.

INV1-049.png~original

An improved neural disrupter. This will really be useful, more and better neural disrupters are a priority. For one if I ever get more agents they will need to be armed. Also these weapons have cooldown BUT you can have multiple on an agent which can allow you to get out of very bad scrapes.

The piercing scanner augment adds +1 to armor penetration of firearms of the agent. It is very useful if you already have a gun.

INV1-050.png~original

Internationale locates the surgery bots.

INV1-051.png~original

She immediately goes for them since I did not realise that they changed the "penalty" for using these as only new augment slots KO an agent now.

Holy shit this is useful, in general it is easier to find armor piercing lethal weaponry and some guards you really are better off dead (well for you any way) when the mission get tougher. 3 PWR is a small price to pay for not having a difficult situation escalating into even more difficult due to a shootout triggering an alarm.

INV1-052.png~original

Internationale beeing the 1337 h4x0r checks out the warez. Note that this screen has some nice catchy funky cracktro music to give you that non-removal from the inventory feeling.

BTW the main objective triggered A RESET FIREWALLS ON SHIT I ALREADY HACKED.

:rage: :rage: :rage:

Lost a shitload of PWR on that and now I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel and have cameras to deal with.

Taurus is meh, it just moves daemons (nasty shit that triggers when you hack devices protected by it) to another device.

INV1-053.png~original

Ping however is very useful. I was hoping that maybe I'll get parasite, rapier or some power generating program like fusion (or even better, emergency power drip).

INV1-055.png~original

Decker gets caught with a guard in his hands, because of my stupidity. REWIND TIME. Rewind allows you to go back to the start of the previous turn. I set rewinds to one, it is basically an anti-derp or bad luck measure. One rewind is good to have if only to avoid runs going sour due to a misclick or something.

INV1-056.png~original

Even despite the rewind the situation was not ideal. I moved the KO'd guard into the corner and Decker got stuck in a very bad spot, one where he either had to wait, bait the guard into overwatch, duck behind a corner and then ambush the guard using his own overwatch. Which meant that the other guard would probably wake up before that happened.

However Decker has a great and now improved panic button, his "borrowed" cloaking rig. I use it to leave the room and rendezvous with Internationale ASAP (she found the elevator).

INV1-057.png~original

I stupidly hid Decker behind the terminal (did not matter as the guard would not notice Decker anyway). Did not realise he could now walk more than 4 tiles while cloaked.

Still there was only one guard and no cameras between him and internationale. Internationale Ko'd the guard...

INV1-058.png~original

...and the agents are extracted. But with only one Augment stolen and no Neural Disrupter II due to THE FUCKING FIREWALL RESET. Ah well, there needs to be some challenge.

INV1-059.png~original

Also is it me, or is there a hint of australian accent in Central' VO. I'll need to check that on wiki/imdb.

INV1-060.png~original

Could have ended up with more loot, but better safe than sorry.

INV1-061.png~original

I have credits, sell me stuff, don't care if you fucked M/Mallory Archer/Gladstone.

INV1-063.png~original

Corp prison, the place where misbehaving interns go. Kelfried and Odin should field more lethal shit (like automated turrets) or just more guards. Not sure.

If I am lucky I will get a 3rd agent. If I am unlucky I'll just rescue some intern or the kid of a competitors executive or something and I get cash. I prefer the agent. Having another agent to pin and haul loot and scout is already useful even if I have to gadgets to give him/her.

INV1-064.png~original

Of course saving the prisoner is not necessary, if he dies during extraction, well you miss out on cash or an agent.

INV1-065.png~original

The team splits up. Internationale find and KO's a guard.

INV1-066.png~original

There are more guards around than usual, luckily their patrol patterns make them easy to avoid. Decker finds the holding cells.

INV1-067.png~original

I got really lucky because normally the prison guards patrols the cells, this one however is stationary. And I got an agent, sadly not one I'd prefer (Banks or Tony Xu), but Nika a russian lesbian overgrown schoolgirl or Putin cheerleader.

Of course her occupation is a most lesbian one, security (seriously, if you find a straight woman working in security I'll buy you a beer, that's as unlikely as finding a male straight hairdresser).

INV1-068.png~original

She also has a maximum butch mode implant :M

Normally, once unlocked, her starting loadout has a volt disrupter, which is like a neural disrupter only without a cooldown but using PWR per attack. This lets her use those two attacks per turn, however PWR is better spent on hacking. Personally, out of the combat-oriented agents, I prefer Shalom Shalem 42. Maybe one of the 4 (IIRC) new agents is better.

INV1-069.png~original

Meanwhile Internationale heads north to rendezvous with Decker and Nika, as the closest path to the teleporter leads through secure doors. Luckily the guard has a card which Internationale can use. Also cash.

INV1-070.png~original

A nanofab is found. Chameleon Movement looks tempting and Decker could use it, however I need something for Nika.

INV1-071.png~original

This is great. It does not reveal the guards vision, but tagging a guard before you KO him lets you know where he's at. Not a neural disrupter, but beggars can't be choosers and I have cash to spend.

INV1-072.png~original

The last guard between the agents and the elevator is about to walk through a doorwar only to find Decker lurking beyond it, ready to strike.

INV1-073.png~original

Team got out just as new guards arrived.

INV1-074.png~original

Pretty clean job, cleaned out all the safes. Lots of jew gold.

INV1-075.png~original

Well, I am running out of sites so it is time to raid another executive terminal.

INV1-076.png~original

This time the corp is Sankaku, which is bad. They have already been really fucking annoying in the EA build, but they got even more obnoxious toys now.

INV1-077.png~original

To make things worse daemons are installed. I hack the very first thing with a daemon, a daemon database to know what nodes to avoid.

INV1-078.png~original

:rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage:

This is one of the worst daemons you can trigger. Especially at a Sankaku office, where I will need a lot of PWR to hack all the fucking drones.

:rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage:

In hindsight I should have rewinded.

INV1-079.png~original

And here is the first drone. Drones are immune to regular KO weapons, they can however be KO'd by EMP, which I do not have (one of the many reasons why Doc Tony Xu IS SO FUCKING GOOD, unless they nerfed him). You can loot power from their husks. The alternative is to hack them to gain control of them and KO them on the next turn.

Oh and they do sensor pings which can find agents behind cover. However you can safely sprint near them and they won't hear shit. Which matters little as most drone-heavy maps have a shitload of soundbugs precisely for that reason, to detect agents running so drones can find them.

Also the exec terminal is right next to the starting position, so now I just need some loot and to find the exit.

INV1-080.png~original

The best way to deal with drones, besides EMP, is to hack them and use them to kill other drones. This does not raise the alarm (drone wrecks being spotted however do). However that fucking rubiks daemon raised firewalls on everything, in a mission which is already a PWR sink.

Oh and there was a 2.0 Obake drone hidden around the corner. That fucker is armored and has one extra level of firewalls.

:negative:

Oh, and you can also shoot cameras but to be honest the ammo is better spent on drones and cameras are best left for haxing. Since as I mentioned drones have limited ammo. It is best to use one to kill as many as possible.

INV1-081.png~original

With the north-west being a drone fest, I send the team to looks for loot and PWR. My captured drone got killed by the Obake 2.0 one. So AFAIK that's only one drone to worry about.

Well apart from the Obake 1.0 I just found here. Who just spotted Internationale.

:rage:

Luckily there is cover around.

INV1-082.png~original

Which meant jack shit, as the drone still found her. REWIND!

INV1-083.png~original

I avoid the north-east room until the drone can be safely bypassed. Nika finds a nanofab I hack with a RIOT dart (shit due to no armor penetration and using ammo) and a buster III chip (ridiculously good). As later in the game firewalls will get really strong, you need some heavy tools to deal with them and conserve PWR. The chip works from melee range and saves me 8 PWR worth of firewalls, really good for safes, objectives and drones later in the game. Less so for cameras, but the saved up PWR lets you handle those.

INV1-084.png~original

I hack the exec's terminal, this time around I get something new, a choice! I pick the CFO suite, although the security dispatch was also a good choice. Security dispatches are armory raids, you get a guaranteed free hi-tech weapons. Such as say a once-per mission firing plasma pistol that uses no ammo and pierces two level of armor and other nifty things.

The CFO suite is a good source of cash and, most importantly, it always grants a vault access card. Vaults are high-yield loot storages that can be accessed only with such a card, they spawn as separate missions or sometimes in other offices.

INV1-085.png~original

Remeber that nasty Rubik's daemon? Well, it made it very fucking hard to hack cameras. And there are lots of those around, hence the alarm quickly grew to level 5 and the whole fucking place is crawling with guards. And I am out of rewinds. This shit is likely to go as foul as the Ganges river.

INV1-086.png~original

I am trying to get Decker out first as he's the best bet to find the exit given the high security, Nika and Internationale will get to the exit two or more turns later (the teleporter has a cooldown so it is best to leave as a whole team).

Of course he triggers more fucking cameras along the way. A guard teleports in next to his position.

Now Nika and Internationale have to avoid this drone, the guard in the doorwar and the Obake 2.0 which is closing in on their pinpointed position.

INV1-087.png~original

Here is how I barely got out of this mess. Decker looted one of the wrecked drones, drone wrecks drop PWR. The Obake 1.0 was already down by a firewall or two so what Decker looted was exactly what I need to hack it.

With the drone under my control Internationale could sneak by the door, close it and wait in ambush for the guard.

The 2.0 is derping far away, luckily. Now Decker has two guards in the elevator and he will surely get discovered, because the fucking camera drone sees him and is relaying his location. Still, he should be able to ambush one guard despite that.

INV1-088.png~original

One guard is down, the other guard has Decker in his sight ready to pull the trigger. However Decker uses his panic button...

INV1-089.png~original

.. and he's out safely.

INV1-090.png~original

It takes three turns before he can be joined by Nika and Internationale, who KO the two guards again.

INV1-091.png~original

Afterwards they get into the exit teleporter. This was too fucking close. Fucking rubiks daemon!

INV1-092.png~original

And this summary explain perfectly why the rubiks daemon was such a fucking pain. Ignoring the soundbugs (which are pointless to hack), I hacked 12 out of 22 useful devices. Well, not all drones had to be hacked so lower that to 20 or 19. That is despite looting all the PWR from all available terminals.

I am a bit surprised that Sankaku was sending guards instead of drones for reinforcements, they usually do the latter. Also all the drone killing left me with clean up costs.

INV1-093.png~original

Monst3r finally has something to sell, the cunt.

INV1-094.png~original

Oh, so you sell me a fucking vault access card AFTER I picked to have a CFO suite generated. Useless cunt...

...I buy it anyway, just in case the CFO mission goes sour or if it is too fucking far away. Probably still a bad choice.

INV1-095.png~original

The plot unfolds...

INV1-097.png~original

INV1-098.png~original

INV1-099.png~original

Well it is day 2 now. This map will probably change/get re-rolled when I continue this campaign.

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Afaik, the corp specializations only matter at security levels 2 and higher.

Hellraiser

Arcane
RUN 1

Day 2

Raiding the lost and found offices.

INV2-001.png~original

I am a masochist since I am going into a Sankaku facility again. Then again it is a server farm and I do need better incognita software.

INV2-002.png~original

INV2-003.png~original

Door number two reveals a guard who is baffled by the fact the door is open.

INV2-004.png~original

Oh no, not falling for this until I find and hack the daemon database. Everything else in sight was hacked though, time to loot it and scout out.

INV2-005.png~original

Daemon database was to the north, only a cam drone was near it about. Hacked it and used it to scout some more.

INV2-006.png~original

Looks like that safe would spawn a guard. Luckily the thing is near the exit teleporter so I'll probably hack and loot it when bailing from this place.

INV2-007.png~original

A Obake drone is spotted, luckily it is just stationary. The pesky cam drone is not.

INV2-008.png~original

And there's another drone there and another drone, a null drone. Those fuckers emit a "no hax allowed" field around them. And he's protected from hacking himself by 3 firewalls and a daemon. A daemon which raises PWR costs of all program by 2 (not sure if temporarily or until the end of the mission).

INV2-009.png~original

The plan is to lure him to go for the door and get shock trap'd.

INV2-010.png~original

Turns out that raised the alarm by two. Oh well.

INV2-011.png~original

Still, with the null drone distracted and the obake drones down, Internationale heads inside the server room.

INV2-012.png~original

Of course the objective is protected by a daemon, luckily one that only steals cash.

INV2-013.png~original

The null drone walks on top of the KO'd Obake drone, which prevents it from rebooting this turn :smug:

Internationale uses her buster chip to gain access to the Gr@nd B@z@@r.

INV2-014.png~original

INV2-015.png~original

ShopCat is shopping, eh selling.

Dagger 2.0! One of the best hax in the game. There's also hunter which kills deamons. I take dagger 2.0 since it will make late game easier.

INV2-016.png~original

Yeah, ShopCat triggered daemons spawning on shit.

INV2-017.png~original

I hack the Obake drone again.

INV2-018.png~original

And bypass the null drone's defence via a brute force approach

:troll:

INV2-019.png~original

Which triggers level 3. No worries, one extra guard can be handled easily and I just need to get to the exit now.

INV2-020.png~original

I planned on using the hacked Obake which killed the Null Drone as bait for the Obake that arrived as reinforcements (Sankaku mostly spawns drones rather than human guards).

However my hacked Obake ran out of AP and the newly spawned Obake went after Nika. Luckily I have PWR for hax so my ruskie lesbo is saved. I use it to kill one of the stunned Obakes.

INV2-021.png~original

Internationale plants another shock trap to slow down any pursuing and rebooting drones.

INV2-022.png~original

Another Obake ports in.

INV2-023.png~original

Luckily the team is nearly out, I'll just hax and loot that validate-protected safe.

INV2-025.png~original

And the team is out. Pretty clean op, even if I did not loot the northern safe.

INV2-026.png~original

Not much gained in the way of funds. But dagger 2.0 was definitely worth the trouble.

INV2-027.png~original

Exposition dump time.

INV2-028.png~original

Let's skull hack a melonhead CFO.

INV2-029.png~original

You thought I was joking about the skull hacking? The guy has passcodes in his brain.

Also I will be facing level 3 security and plastech now, these guys are a bit obnoxious as you will see in a moment.

INV2-030.png~original

INV2-031.png~original

INV2-032.png~original

Camera drone found a new type of guard, a plastech modded. This guy recaptures hacked devices. When KO'd his conciousness trolls the local network. He's going to be a pain.

INV2-033.png~original

I scout the north to see if he can be avoided, but that's a dead end. The CFO suite is probably somewhere behind him.

INV2-034.png~original

Two more guards, but these are just regulars.

INV2-035.png~original

A hacked cam drone reveals the CFO's location.

INV2-036.png~original

However my brilliant ambush goes sour. Basically this happened. Decker got spotted, guard goes into overwatch, another guard walks into decker's ambush range while decker himself is on overwatch. Decker attacks him, this triggers the overwatching guard to shoot Decker.

REWIND TIME!

INV2-037.png~original

I hax a safe and it triggers a masking daemon.

INV2-038.png~original

Stealing from corporate thieves is not stealing. Also did I mention CFOs are always loaded as fuck?

INV2-039.png~original

Unfortunately he was KO'd in a pretty shitty spot so Internationale got spotted. Still, a tile hidden from sight is right next to her so she can duck beside it. I need to stay close to the CFO for five turn to hack his skull.

INV2-040.png~original

The guard locks-on to her again soon afterwards, but she's still one tile away from shelter so it is ok. Also Decker is in range for some back-stunning action.

INV2-041.png~original

Had to hack the camera drone again and another guard arrived. CFO implants send out a distress call. Internationale waits to ambush the new guard.

INV2-043.png~original

He's down and Internationale makes it south to loot a safe.

INV2-044.png~original

Hacking one of which triggers this shit.

INV2-045.png~original

Which means looting a safe raises an alarm.

INV2-046.png~original

The team is making its way to the exit...

INV2-047.png~original

...and I fuck up big time. I trigger level 5 alert by looting a safe I hacked earlier but left unlooted. This spawns a guard, I though I'll ambush him. Did not notice the fucker is armoured.

:rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage:

This fucked up everything as without him KO'd I cannot simply close the door between Nika and the other two guards.

INV2-049.png~original

Nika manages to avoid gettign shot for another turn, but she gets gunned down eventually. Only Decker makes it to the elevator.

INV2-050.png~original

This is going to get real hard now that I lost my best equipped agent.

INV2-051.png~original

I decide to go after the K&O corp prison in Instanbul. With luck I'll get fresh meat for the grinder.

INV2-052.png~original

Lots of guards getting triggered. Decker alone cannot handle all of them, but he can sneak around them or hide.

INV2-053.png~original

Fuck the man telling us we cannot loot the man!

INV2-054.png~original

A nanofab is hacked. This one has some good stuff on sale. Another buster chip, although weaker than what I lost with internationale.

INV2-055.png~original

Paralyzer is just so good. My favourite items after shock traps. And one of the reasons why Banks is great as she starts with one.

Decker buys both since the one thing I did get out of the last botched mission was credits.

INV2-056.png~original

Uh oh, a guard lurking in the corner, he may catch Decker. At least I still have rewind and Decker's cloak rig.

INV2-057.png~original

Luckily nothing of the sort happened. Instead decker found the exit teleporter. He headed north, past an automated turret which he hacked, to find the holding cells... and Internationale inside one.

:yeah:

INV2-058.png~original

The prison guard was just derping in one place and a felix daemon defended the terminal.

INV2-059.png~original

And she still has all her gear.

:yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah:

So basically I only lost Nika, a tag pistol and the vault access codes (which I have from Monst3r anyway).

INV2-060.png~original

The new buster chip is a bit of a waste, but then again with enough inventory slots I can use them to save a bit on safe cracking PWR usage.

INV2-061.png~original

Should have drugged the KO'd guard, but a shock trap on the door will make sure he doesn't bother my agents much.

INV2-062.png~original

I scout the south in search of loot and Decker ends up with four guns aimed at his back. Not cool bro, not cool.

INV2-063.png~original

Cloak engaged and decker slips out looting a safe on his way out :smug:

INV2-064.png~original

Extraction complete.

INV2-065.png~original

Raiding the lost and found office of Kefried and Odin sure paid off.

INV2-066.png~original

Shit is about to get rough so I upgrade hax, I'll need more PWR.

INV2-067.png~original

INV2-068.png~original

No shit monst3r.

INV2-069.png~original

I am now 8 hours into Day 3. Time is running out but I have a solid loadout, just need a bloody armor piercing weapon other than shock traps.

Hellraiser

Arcane
RUN 1

Day 3

Chairman Yang approves.

INV3-001.png~original

Since I need the yehudim zahav I got after another CFO, this time a Sankaku one. Security level is 3 again.

INV3-002.png~original

INV3-003.png~original

The first guard gets KO'd and he has a passcard for this office, which is great.

Did I mention secure doors usually block useful shortcuts, loot and similar? They're really great to find, and one of the reason why Banks, who starts with an implant allowing her to bypass the need for passcards, is such a good agent.

INV3-004.png~original

And the CFO suite was not far from the start, as revealed by a camera drone I hacked. The only problem is the armored corporate goon.

INV3-005.png~original

Before I take care of skull hacking the CFO, I need to locate the exit to know where to run. Luckily that was also nearby, the RNG was merciful this time around, unlike with the Plastech CFO mission.

The armored guard will be easy to shock trap, but I'll cross that bridge when I get there, with the CFO's passcodes.

INV3-006.png~original

The CFO however has spotted internationale and is about to start running to a guard teleporter. Very bad.

INV3-007.png~original

Decker KOs him before he gets the chance.

INV3-008.png~original

The northern guard was too busy chasing red herrings in the form of the camera drone I hacked. Babysitting the KO'd CFO was easy.

Now Internationale will stalk the armored guard patrolling the exit and plant a nice shock trap on that door he always walks through :smug:

INV3-009.png~original

Fat loot on the armored guard! Emp is a useful alternative to hacking high firewall devices, especially if they are all nearby. Also it works great for drones. Speaking of which besides the camera one there were none around, this is a Sankaku suite, a bit odd.

INV3-010.png~original

This went a lot cleaner than the last CFO brain heist attempt.

INV3-011.png~original

Great loot.

INV3-012.png~original

INV3-013.png~original

I go after the nipponese again, this time in worst Korea. This is a level 4 vault, but I need more money for gear or at least for skill level ups before the final mission.

INV3-014.png~original

The objective is to merely recon the vault, as without a passcode it will be impossible to open one. Vaults also spawn in other mission types (just like nanofabs and m1n1 b@z@@rs do), but this one is guaranteed to have one stuffed with great corporate riches.

INV3-015.png~original

Everything seems to be armored around here so far. The drone I can live with, I can just hack it. The guard not so much, I'll need to avoid him or shock trap him.

INV3-016.png~original

The team sneaks around the armored guard, finds a null drone. Internationale sneaks behind it and plants an EMP charge. And this nanofab shows up, inside of it, a biogenic dart, possibly the best non-lethal ranged weapon you can buy.

There's also a piercing scanner to even further increase my ability to deal with armored goons. However that will not be needed. Also I need to loot safes and sells shit (like the med gel) to buy the biogenic dart in the first place.

INV3-017.png~original

Luckily the null drone was all that was between the vault and the team. Passcodes were entered, the vault terminal hacked and the safebox looting begun.

INV3-018.png~original

The secured glass casing houses more loot, but these are protected by separate firewalls. Nothing a buster chip won't solve. Inside is loot that takes up inventory slots, in the EA builds these were cultural artefacts, now we also have other stuff.

INV3-019.png~original

However the Null Drone wakes up and a Obake 1.0 drone ports in nearby. The null drone has 4 firewalls and a daemon on top of it. oh and it can still shoot to kill.

INV3-020.png~original

I hacked the Obake hoping to kill the Null drone with it, but I did it too early. If you hack a drone inside a guard teleporter room you cannot walk out with it.

So the situation is now FUBAR. REWIND!

INV3-021.png~original

This time around I wait for the Obake to exit the guard teleporter.

INV3-022.png~original

Sayonara nurru dorronu!

INV3-023.png~original

The camera drone gets hacked and the team makes its way north-east. There are 2 cameras, 2 drones and 3 guards (one just spawned and went to investigate an unrevealed corner) between them and the exit. So first I hack the Obake 2.0 and have it kill the less armoured Obake.

INV3-024.png~original

The Obake 2.0 reveals that hidden guard and closes the door in the room with the armoured guard. This will hopefully distract the armoured guard for a turn or two making him a non-issue.

Decker goes into ranged overwatch with his new Biogenic Dart.

INV3-025.png~original

Scratch another guard.

INV3-026.png~original

Next turn the situation is nearly ideal for a quick sprint to the teleporter. If it wasn't for the guard in the middle of the room between the agents and the target.

So Decker turns on his cloak, turns on sprint (sprinting needs to be turned on before moving, it causes noise attracting guards but allows you to walk much further), whacks the guard with his disrupter.

INV3-027.png~original

With the room clear internationale makes a mad dash inside the vision of cameras raising the alarm level. Which is irrelevant when the agents are a mere turn away from the exit with nothing in their way. But just in case a shock trap was left on the door.

:smug:

INV3-028.png~original

INV3-029.png~original

Even with the Biogenic Dart purchase the team is left with nearly 2,5k more creds than before. A solid looting.

INV3-030.png~original

I still have another access card. Meanwhile Monst3r is bragging, while he does nothing, as usual.

INV3-031.png~original

Decker gets improved skills, so now he has a bit more AP and can use the buster chip he has.

INV3-032.png~original

INV3-033.png~original

TBH I thought this was my last mission, which is why I spent all those credits on skill upgrades. Should have left it for any nanofabs that may be around.

INV3-034.png~original

Like this one.

INV3-036.png~original

Plastech again, let's do this.

INV3-037.png~original

INV3-039.png~original

The agents move swiftly but carefully around the facility. There was a laser gate that needed to be passed, and the modded guard keeps retaking over the generator for it.

Anyway a hacked cam drone located the target and I hacked it triggering paradox. She's now waiting to ambush any guards.

INV3-040.png~original

Which she does but the guard sees a shoelace or something and goes to investigate. Not good. Had to rewind because I fucked it up.

This time around I see the guard is planning to come around the corner. luckily he faces the north-west so I have Internationale walk behind his back while the neural disrupter is on cooldown.

INV3-041.png~original

Meanwhile Decker scouts out the exit and uses his starting implant to reveal the daemon on the safe. Not touching that shit until the team is about to exit this place. Certainly not when those modded guards recapture devices.

INV3-042.png~original

Meanwhile the nanofab that is the objective has a Neural Disrupter III. I definitely need this as the biogenic dart and the shock traps have long cooldowns and I need to take care of armored guards if I am to survive the final mission.

INV3-043.png~original

Cameras are rebooting, I'll have to re-capture them.

INV3-044.png~original

Time for some tactical espionage action. There are three concious guards between Internationale and the exit. Decker shoots the first one with his dart gun.

INV3-045.png~original

After that he ran into the room with cloak engaged, used his buster chip on the camera and KO'd the other guard.

INV3-046.png~original

He and Internationale went for that last rubik's safe.

INV3-047.png~original

And mission accomplished, although it was not easy.

INV3-048.png~original

INV3-049.png~original

Internationale gets skill upgrades before the final showdown.

INV3-050.png~original

INV3-051.png~original

FYI the cutscenes are longer, I just don't fully screencap them.

INV3-052.png~original

A corporation called Omni? In South Africa? Who are these people....

OV.png~original

:M

That logo though....

hive3.png

INV3-053.png~original

Our Incognita AI is running on fumes and needs a new mainframe, the 72 hours of backup storage are nearly up (hence the campaign time limit). This Omni mainframe will be a perfect host for Incognita and at the same time this is the network that tracked down Invisible Inc and has unprecedented access to the secnet. So if Invisible gets access to it, it can effectively erase all records of its existence and go Invisible once more.

INV3-054.png~original

This is it, the final mission. The Rebel Flagship of Invisible Inc.

INV3-055.png~original

The pet AI is experiencing memory loss and thinks it is still running globalwarmthinkery climatic models.

INV3-056.png~original

The first objective is to find the security hub.

INV3-057.png~original

Afterwards I need to reach the Mainframe and upload Incognita.

INV3-058.png~original

Central/Gladstone and Monst3r join the infiltration team for this mission. Meanwhile the black and gold Omni guards (seriously, does everybody use those colors for megacorps named Omni-something?) have level 3 armor.

Well fuck, should have bought that fucking piercing scanner!

But at least I have shock traps.

INV3-059.png~original

The Omni Soldier is down and the AI starts babbling about globalwarmthinkery.

INV3-060.png~original

A cam drone scouts out the facility. It locates more armored guards. Two level 1 guards and one level 8 armor Omni Protector. However that guy just has an energy shield (guards like that were already spawning occasionally in the EA build in late game) which is equal to the firewalls he has, which can be hacked.

INV3-061.png~original

Walking through a room full of guards is not an option, so Internationale sabotages the laser emitter with an EMP charge. As can be see, all devices with a green overlay will be hit.

INV3-062.png~original

Meanwhile Incognita is going all Daisy Bell on me, commenting on the Human Brain. Saying things about how ants also have a capability for organization, but without the human self-centred nature and greed.

INV3-063.png~original

And it prefers the ants, for obvious reasons.

INV3-064.png~original

Now despite just level 1 armor, KOing these guards is not so appealing, that also raises the alarm ticker by 2. With death raising it by 4.

INV3-065.png~original

INV3-066.png~original

I opt to sneak past them, find the mainframe lock terminal and hack it. Now I just need the codes from the security hub Monst3r was talking about.

INV3-067.png~original

Uh, locating the hub was a bit difficult. I got myself into this pickle and had to rewind. Internationale could not KO the guard for some reason, probably because she was pinning another one. Monst3rs 3 armor piercing dart was on cooldown.

In the end Decker snuck behind that door and whacked the guard in the back.

INV3-068.png~original

He also unlocked the red door with a passcard and got caught by a guard. Luckily there is a tile providing cover just next to him, so he duck behind it. Most of the team scrambled to the mainframe.

Monst3r begun haxing the security hub, which will take him five fucking turns.

INV3-069.png~original

Meanwhile the rather fortunate location of BOTH FUCKING GUARD TELEPORTERS in the room next to the security hub, meant the place started to get flooded with the fuckers. Especially after the alarm level rose to 6.

:rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage:

Decker gives it his best to distract them as long as possible, he still has his cloak.

TBH I should have brought lethal weaponry, killing as many guards as possible would have been optimal in this mission.

INV3-070.png~original

NO SHIT MONST3R!

Decker slams the door shut in front of the guard faces. Naturally the guards always respond to it with breaching doors (which will KO anyone standing right behind it). His cloak is out.

INV3-071.png~original

INV3-072.png~original

Monst3r is hard at work, aiming for that CAPTAIN OBVIOUS AWARD!

:X :X :X

Decker manages to hide behind monst3r and for the moment the guards are too busy not going inside the security hub room.

INV3-073.png~original

Uh oh. Then again I have a lot of power to spare, not much to hack around besides some cameras and the sec hub and the mainframe lock were both hacked with buster chips.

INV3-074.png~original

Well, considering the gun pointed at Decker, that may be a bit difficult.

Decker shoots the guard first though, just like Han.

:troll:

INV3-075.png~original

Of course the acquired codes are IMPLANTED INTO FUCKING USELESS MONST3R. So my plan of sacrificing him and using Decker's cloak to get them to the mainframe lock is toast.

Also it has nothing on 4 megabytes of HOT RAM.

INV3-076.png~original

Oh great, now it suffered some kind of epiphany.

INV3-077.png~original

Incognita suddenly developed its own software, named Turing. A feat she should not be able to do, according to Monst3r and Gladstone.

Yeah, daisy bell in full swing.

INV3-078.png~original

Great, Decker is two turns away from his cloaking rig being usable again. And there's a room full of elite goons between Monst3r and the objective.

I wish I had a flashbang right now. Which BTW are an item in the game, I was a bit surprised that guards did not throw them at me yet. Must be the difficulty setting. In the EA build I got hit with those a bunch of times.

INV3-079.png~original

Lady Skynet drones on and on, meanwhile Decker is about to get a spine full of bullets.

INV3-080.png~original

Monst3r goes down as well. Only Gladstone is concious, the rest is dying. Well, I have one shot left. I need to revive Monst3r and get him here. The plan is to wait for the guards to scatter all over the place, aiding them in that with the use of Ping (I have been using it quite often since buying it, just never took screenshots).

Of course the guards must not discover Gladstone/Central and the only nanofab around needs to have a med gel. Which is not guaranteed.

INV3-081.png~original

It took 14 turns but Gladstone managed to reach Monst3r, revive him and they sneaked back together through the door Decker opened with the card all those turns ago, evading 3 guards along the way.

There is no more med gel to aquire, so the brave agents will probably die in agony when this is over. But the mainframe is just a bit further.

INV3-082.png~original

The lock is open.

:yeah:

INV3-083.png~original

Gladstone uploads her freakish AI child...

INV3-085.png~original

Shit is getting hot, Monst3r runs away and tells Gladstone to do the same as she tries to plug in Incognita into the world most powerful network.

That can't be a good idea...

INV3-086.png~original

Incognita, instead of erasing everything about Invisible from secnet, takes the entirety of secnet over.

Oh and there are orbital lasers plugged into Secnet, FYI. Guess what it does with them, I'll give you a hint:

incognitaconspiracy.png~original

INV3-087.png~original

Lasers charged and Corporate HQs get toasted. As an act of kindness the AI lets Gladstone walk away safely by re-routing the security forces away. She tells Mont3r what has happened.

After all, it's plan to take over secnet and thus take out the corps would never succeed in the first place if Gladstone and Invisible didn't physically install her in that mainframe. Of course, they needed a push, hence Incognita tipped off Omni or it was responsible for Omni all along. Regardless it wanted to get installed on the world's most powerful network, and probably rule over mankind a cybernetic version of Chairman Yang.

And now for the unlocks!

INV3-088.png~original

For completing a campaign I get Central and Monst3r available as starting agents. Central has her implant which grants PWR every time a Daemon installation is triggered. Monst3r has a barter implant and starts with a dart gun.

INV3-089.png~original

Faust looks tempting when used in combination with brimstone.

INV3-090.png~original

Shalem and Banks, with whom I'll do my next run with. Shalem is sharpshooter, starts with a 1 armor piercing 2 ammo rifle, an implant granting an additional +1 to armor piercing for ranged weapons and a salvaged neural disruptor (which has a longer cooldown than a regular one), needless to say Shalem can be quite useful for brute force hacking of drones.

Banks can open doors requiring level 1 passcards (basic red doors, not vault doors), this makes mission easier and faster. She also has a tranquilizer which can prolong KOs, very useful as you can basically make one guard a non-issue.

INV3-091.png~original

Fusion and parasite, fusion is good when you have regular PWR drip. Otherwise you really need to count that PWR.

INV3-092.png~original

Doc Tony Xu is great. He has an implant which allows him to EMP any device once every few turns. High level safes, null drones, daemons, all of those are rendered irrelevant by the Doc's EMP blaster hidden in his arm AND you save a lot of PWR using him. Also he starts with a shock trap, which has a fairly low cooldown compared to the regular ones. Quite possibly the best agent in the game.

Nika you already know, she gets bonus AP when she attacks somebody and she can attack twice a turn. She has a volt disrupter which uses PWR to attack but has no cooldown. Useful when you need to quickly take out many guards, but you usually avoid such situations in the first place. And unlike Shalem, who is also combat-oriented, she's useless against drones.

Last edited:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I have to get better at this -- got my ass beat on the final mission on experienced.

spectre

Arcane
I have to get better at this -- got my ass beat on the final mission on experienced.
Yeah, the RNG can really screw you over on this one, especially if you don't know what to expect.
My first attempt generated the two critical locations at the opposite ends of the map, at the very end of a long ass corridors with nothing but heavily armored guards.
I almost made it, but was eventually short one shot of med gel.

Second attempt gave me a very simple layout with lots of stuff to hide behind and placing the two critical locations just round the corner.

In my experience, you need two things to get a reasonably good shot at the final mission - a way to defeat armor 3 (monst3r has a guaranteed ko pistol, but it's got an anti-synergy with Turing, in any case, you'll need more than one once the guards inevitably start swarming) and a Cloak III or a couple of mark I and IIs.

Great LP, Hellraiser. Excellent job on the endgame, given how odds were stacked against you.
BTW, did I miss a hotfix or is it randomized? The first time I played the final mission it took me a bit longer to hack the mainframe.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I believe it's five or six turns. Can't remember the number of boxes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom