Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's play Fallout Tactics (Completed & Repaired)

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Meatshields are good. So is extra xp from killing beastlords.

Option A

spekkio

Arcane
One more thing.

Since there will be a chance to recruit new members after this mission, Eklektyk should post his updated CV.
Either that, or I'm gonna fix his build myself (EN=1).

:x

Ulminati's Warcupine is kosher.

:thumbsup:

* Fake Edit about the results:

What a bunch of liberal fags...

:rpgcodex:

eklektyk

Erudite
i thought that my aplication was corect this time :)
[after edit]
but feel free to change it as You please ... :salute:

edityditydit go for moar RAPE and XP of coz :M

spekkio

Arcane
Oh, sorry dawg, haven't noticed this:
Last edited by eklektyk on Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:02 pm; edited 4 times in total
:roll:

It's ok now.

*Edit: What's your vote, man?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Option A.

Not because I'm a liberal fag, but because I'm secretly hoping the deatclaws will slaughter you, leading to Warcupine being recruited and a massive :incline: of this thread.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Gotdammit, how many LPs are you running simultaneously ?

Option A

You'll give everyone a ghoul mask and we'll all be friends.

Yeesh

Magister
To be Unclean
- That is the mark of the Mutant

To be Impure

To be Abhorred

To be Reviled

To be Hunted

To be Purged
- That is the fate of the Mutant

To be Cleansed
- For that is the fate of all Mutants

Fucking B

ironyuri

In the real Fallout universe the Brotherhood would never allow ghouls into their ranks (also how would their rotting flesh cart about power armour?)

But since Tactics has nothing to do with the REAL Fallout universe , I say go with option A :smug: :smug: :smug:

spekkio

Arcane
Alright, it's time to sum up the votes:

• Option A: 9 votes
    Option B: 3 votes
Enjoy your Multihood starting from the next update...

:decline:

spekkio

Arcane
^
Butthurt detected. :M

alternate reality said:
Wolf is the official luckiest bitch of this update.

I've started the game and engaged beastlords & dogs with the entire team.
Elliot showed some l33t shooting skills, killing one of his own guys and shooting Wolf in the back, making her unconscious.
Since the deathclaws attacked around this time, Wolf died because of friendly fire...
Luckily for her, something killed mayor's daughter shortly after that, ending our mission with "Game Over" screen. So I had to reload.

So, below is what really happened.

The team goes back to the city hall, kills the beastlord controlling the pack of wolves:

210it1y.jpg

Neinmaske locks both doors leading to Evita's room. This should keep her safe.

2cx95xw.jpg

The team goes back to the ghouls (Bro speaks with Elliot) and prepares a defensive perimeter:

9fn0ad.jpg

Three beastlords and four dogs attack:

xddztc.jpg

We kill all dogs and two beastlords. One of the ghouls moves forwards to investigate, deathclaws show up.
Monkey and Wolf join other units. Let's do it execution-style:

35hl3eu.jpg

Yeah, he has 208 HP. All units switch to burst attacks, deathclaw is Almost Dead p. soon (3rd beastlord showed up too):

2ekm906.jpg

One of the ghouls kills the deathclaw, the team continues the rape, taking advantage of enemy layout:

2zjdjmh.jpg

We take some damage:

v2r85h.jpg

But the battle is over soon:

30ucytz.jpg

Squirly does the healing, Bro speaks with Elliot again:

6fv2vr.jpg
Elliot Nesting
Code:
I can't believe the firepower you guys are packing! I gotta thank you for your help, but, maybe you can help us even more? The damn cannibals abducted my brother Gorgi and took him to the northern part of the Ghoul Quarter.

Considering how fast you just creamed those bastards, this should be no problem.
iom1dk.jpg

Let's increase our skills. SP distribution:
  • Bro: EW, Doctor, Barter
  • Charlotte: Throwing
  • Neinmaske: Lockpick and BG
  • Wolf: Science and EW
  • Monkey: Repair
  • Squirly: BG and Unarmed
20u1yyb.jpg

Yeah, let's make him useful before big guns show up. He doesn't have any kills yet, FFS!

Gorgi can be seen to the north:

33tp9wi.jpg

Two beastlords are guarding him. We rush in:

2wml2rr.jpg

And make it quick. Gorgi runs away:

24mrdpk.jpg

We go back to Elliot once more:

6fv2vr.jpg
Elliot Nesting
Code:
I don't know how to thank you. I just heard that you got Gorgi's sloppy ass out of trouble.

Strangers, I am forever in your debt. If you accept ghouls in your ranks, we'd be honoured to sign up for your "Brotherhood."
2qmjd39.jpg

Alright, enough of this multicultural disease! Let's go to the Power Generator to free some real humans.

2yodfro.jpg

The 1st floor is empty. The hostages (and the beastlords) are in the basement:

2safb6f.jpg

Charlotte turns off the lights:

2h3suow.jpg

We split into two groups and rush in:

b9cgo0.jpg

The key to winning here is to:
  • kill the female commander before she sets off the explosives (they can be disarmed, but why should we risk it)
  • kill all beastlords before they kill all the hostages.
Charlotte goes N, kills one of the beastlords. The rest of the team kills the commander:

2uqznle.jpg

We kill the other three beastlords without any civilian casualties:

73clxl.jpg

I think it's time to test Charlotte's Traps skill. Other units move away. :)
She delivers, disarming all 6 explosives

e5piiq.jpg

2dhs606.jpg

We have three locations still available: a brothel, a church and barracks.
Let's start with the brothel. We check out the situation from the building to the west (Charlotte acts as scout):

21oydsk.jpg

She moves to the back door, some beastlord detects her, shit hits the fan (1st prostitute dies):

2ag9737.jpg

Other units join the battle:

14ln707.jpg

Charlotte kills one of the raiders and attacks the killers of the 2nd prostitute:

2q3ql5e.jpg

Squirly shows some kung-fu skills:

34g8tub.jpg

Monkey finishes off this beastlord, Wolf kills another one shooting through the windows. She and Neinmaske try to do the same with the last one:

2l8zw1t.jpg

Squirly gets his 1st kill!

4sxy8j.jpg

1746rm.jpg

Charlotte kills another one:

2yyrw2f.jpg

The remaining one kills the 3rd prostitute but dies shortly after that:

2la3nf7.jpg

Phew, what a mess... Two working girls who survived are not impressed:

10hpq8l.jpg

Two more locations to go. Let's start with the barracks. We should use the escape tunnel the mayor was talking about:

nwafko.jpg

The problem is, it's guarded:

16aqij8.jpg

Let's use our luckiest bitch (tm) here. Wolf does this famous matrix-shit by going in and out before the beastlords are able to shoot her:

dn0hme.jpg

Both of them die shortly after that:

2hi8eiv.jpg

We go back to the surface. The barracks are guarded both outside and inside:

2me38l4.jpg

Since I know where the hostage is being held :), I've decided to split the team again.
Bro, Charlotte and Wolf will go upstairs:

nxn8lv.jpg

Other units will engage enemies on the ground level:

23w46yc.jpg

Bro and Wolf sneak up on the two beastlords located SE:

2wnwnjo.jpg

Charlotte moves east. Our hostage is there, guarded by the enemy leader - Duff the Beast Master:

vxn19y.jpg

Neinmaske kills the guard that poisoned him. Bro attacks two enemies, gets CAed:

27x48ph.jpg

Wolf joins him. Charlotte sneaks closer to the leader. Squirly snap-kicks another one:

117xnjk.jpg

Duff attacks Felix, Charlotte shoots him:

3026mhv.jpg

Bro and Wolf finish off two beastlords:

2hxm7iw.jpg

A baby deathclaw shows up on the ground level. Neinmaske and Monkey attack him, killing one of the beastlords while they're at it.
Charlotte ends Duff's life:

33atk52.jpg

Bro and Wolf attack two remaining beastlords, Monkey kills the deathclaw:

28chl47.jpg

And another beastlord. Our roof-group finishes their job:

3532g0p.jpg

2itnf5v.jpg

Let's talk to Felix:

incxm0.jpg
Felix Stiles
Code:
You are a warrior's warrior, my friend. My name is Felix Stiles and I am in your debt. If you don't mind, I'd like to rest here until I work the life back into my old legs and ankles. Those ropes don't allow much room for circulation.
Another baby deathclaw and one beastlord show up on the ground level, Monkey and Neinmaske take them out:

2427dc4.jpg

It's time to loot the place. Squirly finds something really good in one of the chests:

b7mh5i.jpg

:smug:

Charlotte equips her new Neostead:

2kqa7s.jpg

15z1h8l.jpg
:love:

No more enemies in the area:

hu0n7l.jpg

Let's check out the church, it surely looks like fun:

4uicz5.jpg

Of course two deathclaws means nothing against us now:

2rcpflf.jpg

Charlotte is unstoppable:

2v7yubo.jpg

v7qik8.jpg

Monkey kills the 2nd deathclaw. There's another nice thing in the nearby chest:

34s10d4.jpg

Neinmaske equips this new armor:

k1b5sh.jpg

That's it, people! Let's go back to the mayor...

zo94yf.jpg
Hillary Eastwood
Code:
I don't know what to say! I don't know how we can repay you.

Tell your commanders that the town of Quincy is "honoured" to join the Brotherhood and whatever resources we have, are at its disposal.

All these years... I never thought people such as you existed. You have done more than just rescue a town, warrior. You have returned something to me that I lost when I was just a girl. Something that I didn't even know was missing.

You have given me back my spirit.

May you find the happiness one day that I now feel.

Farewell, my hero.

Code:
Well, you have managed to save my daughter and you have done well in spite of the horrific odds. I thank you, strangers, for coming to the aid of my town.

For that, you shall have your alliance. Let the Brotherhood and the Town of Quincy be strangers no longer.

I will inform your commanders that you have performed well enough to secure the alliance.

Farewell, warrior.
Let's GTFO:

5ogkmw.jpg

2yzlkw0.jpg
General Barnaky
Code:
Well done, warrior.

You have done extremely well given the circumstances. Your tactical cunning, combined with your ability to assess the situation, has saved the lives of all the hostages. The Brotherhood now all but owns the township of Quincy.

All new information reports that the Beastlords join their monster associates in the consumption of human flesh. This abomination will not be tolerated anywhere within the reach of Brotherhood forces and will be dealt with permanently, soon enough.

Our Scribes are very curious about this apparent symbiotic relationship between man and monster. In the future, we must retrieve more information before the Scribes can be expected to produce an accurate explanation.

The Ghouls of Quincy are overjoyed by your dedication to protect them along with their human counterparts. As a result, there are now ghouls applying for membership into the Brotherhood. The Elders believe that their inherent resistance to certain toxins makes up for their sub-human frailties.

I pray the Brotherhood can remain pure at heart with this foul taint.

Dismissed.

Damn, he's probably the only True Patriot left in the Brotherhood... :(

2wqxuvb.jpg

We go back to the bunker and access the Recruitment Center. Two new recruits available:

2mzl6y0.jpg

:what:

I've tested how the previous mission works and it's botched as always. Even if you don't talk to Elliot, don't help the ghouls at all, let the beastlords slaughter ALL of them (Elliot included), don't help the whores and leave the map (Barnaky doesn't mention the ghouls at all during the debriefing)... the ghouls will still show up in the RC! :roll:
It looks like the trigger works like: "Mission 05 completed = ghoul recruits now available".

:?

Well, we can still fix this problem:

30caoev.jpg

I've simply switched two files describing ghoul recruits with two humans. Meet Warcupine and Eklek:

2crovf7.jpg

28wkzsz.jpg

I didn't spend their SPs because it's pointless - I will do this using Save Editor when the time comes.
At Lv.7 Warcupine has 120 SPs to spend, Eklek - 96.

I sell everything that's not necessary and buy one Power Fist plus some Small Energy Cells for Squirly:

30igfiu.jpg

And one set of Metal Armor for Wolf:

dma39k.jpg

I've also sold Bro's Hunting Rifle by accident, but I think we will loot another one soon. Let's talk to the general:

r1zy9l.jpg

:smug:

We can go either to Mardin:

29p3pjk.jpg

or to Springfield (Bonus Mission):

jtuvds.jpg

There are two ghouls in the bunker now:

2s9pyfd.jpg

35kq58m.jpg

Our financial situation looks good:

14cz3ie.jpg

Alright! I think we should help this Avellone guy first:

nx5l40.jpg

Edit: fixed deleted image

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Heck yeah! The Man hath arrived! Notice the awesome intelligence of 10, meaning that in a few levels, he'll have more skill points than the rest of you monkeys combined. :smug:

spekkio

Arcane
One more thing:
From now on, new recruits can choose to be ghouls.
Remember that these creatures have three race-specific Traits: Glowing One, Tech Wizard and Fear the Reaper. Those perks replace Fast Metabolism, Bruiser and Heavy Handed.

New portraits:

28anryo.jpg
x1hth2.jpg
1z6s11v.jpg
2hozfx2.jpg
2qleibb.jpg

lightbane

Arcane
Over-the-top smug. I vote to save Avellone too, he's the only one that can stop Failout 3 from existing, oh wait...

ironyuri

lightbane said:
Over-the-top smug. I vote to save Avellone too, he's the only one that can stop Failout 3 from existing, oh wait...

He can't stop Fallout 3, but he can console us with some other new shit!

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
54449457.jpg

You have your orders soldier. If you fail, Alpha Protocol may never be released.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom