Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's Play Darkest Hour: Der Untergang 卐Germany, 1945卐

Cassidy

Arcane
:flamesaw:

Index

This Let's Play will involve one of the toughest scenarios of Hearts of Iron 2 because it involves playing with the losing side in an even more desperate situation than the one immediately after D-Day. Darkest Hour 1.3 with The Grand Campaign combo-mod* plus Cold War Tech Tree Extension more specifically. It is called Endsieg, and it starts by the very end of 1944, with everything obviously turned against Germany, fighting on multiple fronts, depleted, about to run out of fuel to keep their panzers working and their aircrafts on the air, with the Bolshevik hordes already at the gates of Warsaw and the Kwa' already having successfully done D-Day and at the gates of Germany.

*Download links for everything used:

THE GRAND CAMPAIGN AAR+NWO
READ ME

This mod is the result of a long-planned undertaking to merge two independent mods:
- Arms, Armistice, and Revolutions (AAR) by Burning and Limith, which according to its creators, "links the 1914-Scenario to the classical 1936 grand campaign, thereby offering half a century of pure political, economical and social turmoil to play. It takes care of guiding the major powers of WW2 so they can then pursue their individual, (a)historical paths in a new, great War."
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...-Arms-Armistice-and-Revolutions-Announcements

- New World Order 2 (NWO) by Bizon, which to quote myself, "is a mod which task is to provide compelling reason to keep playing Darkest Hour after 1945 at least until planned end of timeline in 1964. (...) The task of the mod, once again, is to recreate all the plausible venues in which the World War 2 could have ended, and experience the darkest hours of the Cold War era."
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?561583-New-World-Order-2

With Darkest Hour Full developers concentrating on 1914-1918 and 1933-1945 timeline, AAR mod covering Interwar era and NWO mod taking care of the times of the Cold War, the resulting merger offers the possibility to replay full 50 years of war and peace, creating many possible avenues of historical development.

While creating a working version of such a combination out of recent versions of each mod would be feasible, it would be an arduous task to update it along with development of each mod. So I took another route and created a program to use source files from each mod and merge them on the go. This way anyone can create their version of this mod out of available files.

Note: It is a very first test version of this mod and some things may go wrong. Especially, the fact that I don't know which version of DH Full, AAR and NWO you'll be using creates a maintenance nightmare but I'm sure, at this point, that you'll be understanding, and we'll be fixing it on case-by-case basis. The fact that AAR doesn't support 1.03 yet means I could only create a version that more or less works, but is not fully bug-free. FYI, I used DH Full 1.03 RC2, AAR 1.4.1.1 and NWO 1.9.5 for testing. For the intended result you should probably use DH 1.02 and an older 10.2-compatible NWO version, available from its thread.

Disclaimer
----------

I call The Grand Campaign a "mod" in a sense that the result of this project is a set of files that collectively modify Darkest Hour. But what is shared here is primarily a set of routines to merge files from two independent and long-running mods which exist and are developed separately. I don't claim authorship of all the files involved; Darkest Hour Full, AAR and NWO are all works of their respective developers and contributors. - Bizon

DISCLAIMER: I hope you will not be too much of Grammar Nazis about the titles of each update in this Let's Play, because Wiktionary and Google Translate are not perfect. Also, any similarity of the metaplot of this thread with what nomask7 claims about Eldritch entities and mind control is mere coincidence. Also I do not intend to ever post a copy of this thread elsewhere because librul moderators would erase my thread merely for this:

卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐

:M

============================

Das Ende der Finsternis

VNOxEH9.jpg

"Goebbels, I have been wondering about something today:" the Führer said in a private meeting with him before he would receive the bad news about Warsaw. All was starting to echo bleak and hopeless not even the best propagandist could hide, since the day the Battle of Stalingrad was lost, and now France and most of Poland were lost as well to the massive Bolshevik hordes.

"Yes, mein Führer?"

"Hypothetically, if there were beings, not unlike those our Society has studied in the past, that could implant foreign thoughts into the mind of a man, only for the sake of their own amusement, would such man believe those thoughts were his own if they were implanted enough times?"

"Yes, that would be the perfect propaganda, with those who 'listen' to it forever oblivious to its influence. Why did you ask me that?.

"Nothing,. Also, I need your help. I am stepping down from commanding directly the military, and I need this decision to sound right and not be wrongly interpreted as a sign of weakness .

"Of course, although I am somewhat surprised , mein Führer."

However, that was only the first of many unpredictable decisions, and nothing compared to Hitler's direct orders to "Let the dogs take over Warsaw and serve as a buffer to the hordes of Bolsevhik scum. A daring, ambitious and risky move, allowing Warsaw to stay in their hands would block an important access route and easen the burden of defending such a massive front in a losing war.

xCJzrF2.jpg

mOrK6rr.jpg

Being aware that many of his thoughts were not truly his, but the insertions of some kind of abominable mind controller, Hitler has changed drastically his course of action, and immediately ordered for research of nuclear technology to resume, for it could yet bring the last chance of turning the desperate tide of this war if Germany holds their ground long enough, but now it was most certainly too late to prevent disaster, probably the only reason the mind puppeteers allowed for him to finally think his own thoughts since the day some Jews did not let him become a painter, perhaps to enjoy his misery now that the Germany the demons possessing Hitler created was on the brink of death, and the burden of responsibility for failure would sooner or later fall into him.

4dQ9bZB.jpg

Retreat orders were issued. The command for not giving any inch was rescinded, strategic retreats to more defensible positions being considered even while the retreat of Colmar was underway. The Fatherland will not go down without a fight!

MiesiO1.jpg

While the West Front may be considered precarious, the East Front is completely desperate, seemingly hopeless. The polemic decisions of letting the Warsaw Uprising be proved itself to be a potential only chance of the line withstanding the vastly numerically superior Bolshevik hordes, which were multiplying without end.

8c2i9lu.jpg

Attempts to negotiate a peace that would return all absolutely Polish territories to Poland failed, as in spite of their zero odds of victory, after all the atrocities they have suffered, they were eager for retribution, and ready to do or die. Nevertheless, Warsaw would still be a convenient buffer.

1CXkmTy.jpg

Many V-2 guided rockets were being redeployed to the East Front, as a new purpose for them was envisioned: they would annihilate bottlenecks along the railways and roads seized by the Bolshevik scum, hindering their logistics and delaying their advance for months. Such logistical strikes could be the key to holding the line long enough for the weapon that will turn the tide of the war to be researched and built.

tlFO7DR.jpg

Donitz was ordered to assemble one last gallant wolfpack, one final act of the Battle of the Atlantic intent on hindering the logistics of the Allied forces in France.

iDL3CJm.jpg

By disregarding the threat of leaving certain parts of the front barely defended while providing defense support to the locations where the Soviet Union concentrated all their offensives, the Wehrmacht could yet hold their line against such impossible odds. There was no room for strategic counter offensives, for the numerical superiority of the Bolshevik meant any lost territory would only be taken back by the merciless hammer of the gods. Eager to defeat Germany, the Bolsheviks were suffering massive and disproportionate casualties. However, they could afford to bleed their own people dry for many more years, while the Reich was on its last legs.

vfuudiO.jpg

The still successful defense of East Prussia was hailed by Goebbels for its showcase of heroism and the superiority of the German army against the Bolshevik scum. However, every time an offensive was successfully halt, a gap in the defenses was left for a new one to begin. How long Germany would withstand such pressure remains to be seen.

CMCDm81.jpg

Failing to protect the airspace of Berlin, the only wing of rocket interceptors of Germany is disbanded as the impractical, borderline useless fighter aircraft it is.

ujjWSM9.jpg

The Red tide is relentless, but the German soldiers defend the Fatherland with utmost bravery, and their leaders are not afraid of resorting to an elastic defense, attempting to keep up by shifting the bulk of the mobile defenders to where the Bolshevik offensives are mostly concentrated. All battles are hardly fought, and won with only much determination and effort.
Over the skies, the reorganized Luftwaffe now finally had a chance of reestablishing air superiority... if only the oil stockpiles of Germany weren't near depleted.

R6hBcuM.jpg

When the fuel shortages began, all aerial forces became obsolete, and the once mighty panzers were severely hadicapped. Air superiority has become impossible, and only the guided rockets, using a questionable alternate fuel, could still be launched.

osXferp.jpg

Without oil, the German's surface fleet became an white elephant, and the enemies of the Reich had uncontested supremacy over the waves, that could only be defied or bypassed beneath them. Thus unfortunately the near entirety of the Kriegsmarine surface navy had to be disbanded.

Fqpv9lA.jpg

Krakow was another hard fought battle, and there was no way to put this victory as anything but of critical importance for the continued survival of Germany. However, as the fluid defense lines left gaps in other parts of the front to ensure victory, this time with a 5:1 casualty ratio in favor of the Reich, new battles started at the ever-chaning weak spots of the front, this time on Radom, which fortunately could be better defended with the benefit of the Warsaw buffer.

0DN35hL.jpg

An attempt to sneakly move transports to rescue pocketed Germany forces ended as a fiasco, the transports intercepted by Finnish ships and forced to retreat.

65esE5H.jpg

While unfortunately the situation was not going well in general, over the north another decisive victory was achieved thanks to the strategy of an elastic defense always readying itself to counter any threat.

At the same time, with the precariety of the front and the failure of the Ustasa, it was chosen to leave them to their own fate alone and consolidate a line from Budapest to Triest.

tyBdLn6.jpg

As many soldiers as possible wihtout endangering the other front lines were deployed to the Eastern Front.

vFwdDJm.jpg

And eventually an even more deadly and numberful invasion against Krakow has began, even as Radom was still under attack This was starting to seriously overtax the ability of the Reich of putting up a fight.

u5OO6Em.jpg

Radom was saved, but for how long?
KkQ3i1b.jpg

After taking over Amsterdam, capital of the Low Countries(rather than Denmark), the Kwanzanians launched a massed offensive against the Saar. The very Saar Germany lost during the Weltkrieg. It shall not happen again!

plQG2tj.jpg

Eventually no matter how many times they could repeat support defense missions, East Prussia was starting to collapse, and upon hearing of the news, the German officers proposed a new, further back defensive line centered at Torun, and to hold such new defensive line at any cost.

VZUPnfm.jpg

Intentional retreats to the new defensive lines were immediately executed, hopefully this new elastic defense line would be effective enough to prevent any industrious Russian tank commanders from achieving the same goal.

yYa6biy.jpg

A new fallback to a good and defensible line was proposed, while keeping Italy at bay.

sGzfL05.jpg

Thanks to a tale worthy of being the "German Long March", a long Motorized Infantry division has managed to end very close to the borders with Germany proper, for its last chance of rejoining the rest of the Wehrmacht.

PEsY02y.jpg

Even worse, rebels began to threaten the stability of Germany.

SVacj4j.jpg

Croatia was left to her own fate, because it was a too large front to be properly defended.

8HSnEy2.jpg

Many times Krakow was assaulted without success, but every time their ferocity increased.

8HSnEy2.jpg

Even without oil, the armored vehicles of the East Front were doing a great job, most linkely thanks to their commanders.

As New Year's eve approached, there was little room for c elebrations or joy, although so far Germany has managed to hold their ground around the Vistula. As long as their bravery and competence allow them to hold their line for years, there could still be victory, and vindication.

dTKDyNS.jpg

Some people wondered if their Führer was someone else, for his attitude has changed overnight, in many ways for better, ensuring a far more successful defense than what happened before that 16th of December last year, with the allies still failing to achieve any significant breakthrough and suffering almost as heavy losses as the Bolsheviks.

etyFiaY.jpg

Across the West Front, V2 rockets also were used to destroy logistics, slow down the Allied movements and diminish their logistical supply efficiency, and while victorious over the Saar, they immediately had to resort to their fluid defense lines to hold the ground again.

iPRKSdp.jpg

In an attempt of weakening the West Front onslaught, Donitz is sent on a daunting mission of attacking Allied supply lines over the seas with one of the greatest combined submarine fleet ever conceived.

SqgLAgO.jpg

And somehow, Donitz did it! The allies at France were having supply problems, and what else could be the reason for it?

:salute:

lQLeIPw.jpg

Thus, the year of 1945 would begin, Germany's Finest Hour, perhaps even more desperate than her situation during the final year of 1919 in the First World War, yet somehow, after losing so much ground, they finally have managed to halt the advance of their enemies for almost an entire month with the Allies failing yet another offensive at the west, while the far more dangerous and numberful Red Army was contained, for the time being, the defensive lines succeeding. Over Italy, in spite of some tentative British attacks, nothing has changed, and soon the brave motorized infantry division that managed to escape from encirclement by maneuvering behind enemy lines will rejoin the front lines

7BrJVoP.jpg

However, the situation at the East Front was far from simple, and the even the news of oil in Hollabrun were overshadowed by the bleak perspectives of this conflict. The demons that controlled Hitler and, in the future, nomask7, already ruined Germany by 1945. Only a miracle or a military genius could change the course of this war. At best, the Wehrmacht could drag it on for a few more years, but sooner or later they wouldn't withstand the massive numbers of the Red Army and the fighting over so many fronts. Werner Heisenberg probably would need more time than what the Wehrmacht and the depleted German people after so many tragic deaths of young patriots in lost battles of the Eastern Front could afford giving, and peace with the Allies was out of question, for they were determined to annihilate Germany as a nation should total defeat happen, as the Morgenthau Plan has proved.

Will the Fatherland courageously hold long enough, against all odds, for the Bolshevik armies to burn in nuclear flames and the tide be turned again, no matter the cost, or will Adolf, like many disturbed tyrants and people supposedly possesed by demons of the past, kill himself as soon as he see visions of a future admirer of his asking for a degenerate Scottish transsexual to shit on his chest?

卐 TO BE CONTINUED 卐[/url][/list]

Last edited:

LusciousPear

Savant
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
This. This is delicious. I love seeing late '44/'45 LPs. It requires way more clever thought to survive than typical HURR SMASH

JoKa

Cipher
Very nice start of the LP! And without being too anal about the German: a more correct title would be 'Das Ende der Finsternis'.

exe

Augur
That looks really bleak and I'm interested how or if you can pull it around . Also, it's Ende der Finsternis.

Infantryman

Scholar
Do you think you can realistically hold the line for much longer? I suppose you're most likely going to get steamrolled once the winter ends. Also, why are you keeping your forces in such a vulnerable position in Hungary? Are there any significant benefits of controlling Budapest?

Cassidy

Arcane
Does the NWO mod have an option for Nazi germany surviving? Or do all the events/choices dissappear after you make peace?

Not sure. If I wanted to stand a chance I'd have picked the July 1944 start date instead, which is hard but not near impossible as Germany.

Do you think you can realistically hold the line for much longer?

No. The 3rd Reich stands absolutely no chance. However, Germany can still achieve a moral and diplomatic victory and tell Stalin to shove his Bolshevik hordes up his ass, as you'll see by the end of this mega update, and the final in the first page, so keep bumping. If the Allies could agree to a separate peace treaty without unconditional surrender, yes, it would be possible to hold the reds, but they obviously won't.

why are you keeping your forces in such a vulnerable position in Hungary? Are there any significant benefits of controlling Budapest?

The only German divisions there are fast moving ones, their terrain favors defenders, it will keep them distracted from attacking Austria instead, and most importantly, once Hungary falls a lot of divisions Germany currrently controls will be lost forever.

Actually it may be possible to win this scenario, but I cannot really bother save scumming and going super gamey to achieve that. The West Front is definitively doable with the starting OOB deployed in it, but the East Front is not. Besides, Germany is manpower depleted and that cannot be fixed, while nothing short of a ULTIMATE NUCLEAR ITZ could defeat the massive Soviet army.

Finally, this update will have a very important decision for you to vote for

==============================================

WWII-PROPAGANDAPOSTER-GERMAN-SiegoderBolschewismus-ww2shots.jpg

Fall Neinmaske(Case Nomask)

Stalingrad Suite

jZppO4Q.jpg

The Reich was dying. There was no more time. For every five hundred thousand Bolshevik that were slaughtered in their oftenly clumsy and careless offensives, one million more showed up. With their massive numerical superiority, they gave the German defenders no time to reinforce or rest, and sooner or later the East Front would collapse. The strategic situation was hopeless for Germany, but there was one last thing a Hitler no longer possessed could do before the inevitable: to halt the tide of the odious Bolshevism, no matter the cost. In a polemic meeting that caused much hostility and tension, and possibly plans to attempt putting an end to the Führer's life another time, he has ordered:

"The Soviet Union must be stopped no matter what. If necessary to prevent the worst of the worst of our enemies from stepping over our Fatherland, the West Front will be forsasken in favor of the East Front, and History shall decide Germany's future."

Unknown to most, secret agreements have already been made with the Polish Home Army ever since the LIBRUL West has chosen to betray Poland to a future of tyranny under Bolshevism and leave the Warsaw Uprising to face its fate alone. These secret agreements are the reason Warsaw remains in Polish hands. Germany has promised to hold Western Poland to ensure it shall not fall in Soviet hands but instead be surrendered to Poland. What Poland would provide to the German nation in exchange of having its future secured, ironically, by the very Germany that wiped them from the map twice, was a mystery, but the heroic resistence of the Wehrmacht to hold as much of Poland west of the Vistula as they can could be a sign of the importance of this agreement.

lVzCZnR.jpg

IF Bohemia falls, the East Front will become hopeless. A massed counter offensive is prepared to take Brno back from the Soviet Union, no matter the cost.

K0y0djY.jpg

New divisions are ready for deployment, but now it seems there is little chance for them to make a difference.

X5sDL7i.jpg

There is a too large front for too little men, and while the command is doing its best to defend these lines without having to resort to the final act of desperation, the German units are becoming depleted of both morale and men.

hX44YaC.jpg

No matter how many degenerates die for every German giving his life for a better European future, like worms, they multiplicate without equal, and in a few days, they attack again, and again. The attrition will inevitably bring defeat, and Stalin is more than willing to slaughter and entire generation for victory over Europe.

zuPayhU.jpg

Yet, for now, there was hope in the West.

BRmvBjl.jpg

The Bolshevik breakthrough against Brno has been stopped after a long and bloody battle, where once again the Soviet Union paid a massive price for their advance, and yet, they had so many ready to be sacrificed such tactical victory was but meaningless against the infinite and completely expendable Red Army.

rsANz2O.jpg

Over the Netherlands, the Kwans were pushed back by a brave offensive. Even depleted of oil, the Wehrmacht still fought valiantly.

9DD03Bm.jpg

After the defeat of the Red Army at Brno, an attempt to break through Slovakia began.

uhLaqkR.jpg

Yet, even as German won many battles in this beginning of 1945, and the enemies of the Reich lost most battles, they were still in a hopeless situation.

NaRia9P.jpg

To finally drive the hordes back for a change, or perhaps even encircle some of them, would be of critical importance to have a chance of holding the line without resorting to the unthinkable.

almIL9E.jpg

The Allies were being successfully contained, no matter how many times they tried to gain further ground. As long as the East Front could withhold, the Reich could survive, but how long would this last?

3SlFfPa.jpg

Mobility was the only reason the Wehrmacht was still holding near everything west of the Vistula, otherwise the reds would already be parading near the Reichstag.

MSo6bUZ.jpg

However, the situation was far more worse at the southeast. There were just too few men to defend it, while Torun was assaulted by massive hordes and Krakow and Radom were equally endangered. Hungary could be lost soon, and there was little to be done.

ExddEcI.jpg

The offensive against Slovakia attracted a gigantic army in its defense. All that could be done now was to hinder the logistics of such horde with another V2 strike.

SIXBv42.jpg

The enemies of Germany were paying the highest price, yet they could afford their losses, while Germany was in a far more delicate state. However, after this victory in Saar, there was a chance for a counter offensive that could pocket a large Allied army.

1UfeQwx.jpg

Not taking any chances was not a choice.

LYpt4Cc.jpg

Against all odds, Torun was successfully defended against an assault by immense Bolshevik hordes, at the cost of almost two hundred thousand lives, most red scum. The front lines were stretched thin, and inevitably, other ruthless offensives would repeat.

gawhaw9.jpg

Hungary is lost. This could be the moment where the hardest choice will have to be made.

d1ui0L4.jpg

Abandoned in the desperate attempt to defend Torun, Danzig fell to the Bolshevik hordes. There was little to be done about it.

2MIlQoY.jpg

Croatia was abandoned. However Ustasa are race traitors, they do not deserve for Germany to risk her own future for them. They can live in the ZOO instead!

dqhUjNv.jpg

Nowhere to rest, nowhere to run. The only hope for the Wehrmacht is to hold the line against the hordes until reinforcements shuffling all over the front arrive, and there is not even time for reinforcements and reorganization, as the battles happen almost constantly and without stop.

jQAglvq.jpg

Along the almost unbearable pressure over the Carpathians, Tesin was also lost, most likely permanently, to the hordes, and Hungary was going down now, inevitably. Meanwhile the West front has been not only successfully held, but Germany was starting to slowly drive the Allies back.

VKcwpmM.jpg

Russian_Soldier_Budapest.JPG

Bolshevism has completely subjugated Hungary. Unfortunately the fate of Hungary was but inevitable, their armies virtually depleted since the last months of 1944. There was no more hope for them. Germany now would inevitably end alone.

1mDC677.jpg

On less crushing news, Brno was once again successfully defended, but the situation at the borders with Hungary and Slovakia was approaching the critical. Rumors about mass rapes and other terrible war crimes and atrocities everywhere "liberated" by the Soviets, such as against hundreds of thousands of Hungarian women and even children, only served for the Wehrmacht to fight even more ferociously against the "Slavic-speaking Mongol savages", as German propaganda oftenly depicted Russians, specially after the news of the enrichment squadrons.

9qgH3j4.jpg

A breakthrough through Southern France was achieved...

... if only Germany had a larger army, this could have been the beginning of the end for the Allied victories and the salvation of the country.

xHXjDbd.jpg

Fighting over two fronts and lack of fuel were the only reasons Germany could not drive the Allies back, but even under such terrible circumstances, the German military has proven its worth by driving the Allies back and holding the line again and again. For months they not only failed to gain any further ground, but they also lost territories. It would be a shame that the infinite armies of Bolshevik diversity enrichers would sooner or later deny Germany's victory in this front, but the Allies would remember well how everything turned against them at this moment.

HhHWOoA.jpg

While the Ustasa can live in the zoo, the Soviet dregs deserve only death. Their atrocities are against all, without discrimination, like a modern army of steppe savages in all but their spoken language.

i88IW8l.jpg

The southern front is going down, and nothing seems to stop the Soviet push through Hungary now. It is clear that unfortunately Fall Neinmaske may be the only way to ensure the diversity enrichment will not reach Berlin.

rkjZmA6.jpg

May God have mercy on Germany, because victory is impossible.

There is only one choice left: to deny Soviet Union victory, even if doing so will doom the Reich. No red rapist mongol kebab savage will ever step on Berlin!

H1SmYL8.jpg

That Fall Neinmaske had to be started was truly a shame, now that the Western Front could have been won otherwise. The Führer has become more and more recluse in the final days, and not even Goebbels could hide the fact Hitler himself no longer believes in victory, but instead, Goebbels, enraged, had no choice but to follow Hitler's order to convince the German military officers to comply with the new and unexpected orders, because the Allies were the "lesser of two evils", and there was another secret agreement that hopefully would be honored, and although the Reich would die, Germany may yet live.

uwp8zsi.jpg

Unfortunately, the Polish Home Army had no choice but to allow the Soviets to use their territories for advancing. Fortunately the Soviets sent only a minor HQ division, and there was still time to prevent them from breaking through.

sPzaPlG.jpg

Constantly bombarded, outnumbered and depleted, the German forces near the border with Hungary and Yugoslavia were falling apart, the reinforcements deployed from abandoned Saar could be the only chance, and a new offensive, even more brutal, was also launched against Torun. If Germany manages to hold the eastern line their deeds will be heroic, even if defeat to the allies is inevitable.

cIWtPmN.jpg

Torun, Krakow and the entire East Front was on the verge of collapse.

Germany could no longer achieve victory. It was a truly hopeless situation, but they could choose who will win the least, and a more lucid Hitler has already made a decision, two decisions more specifically. He was dead inside already, but now that, like nomask7, he was finally free of mind control, he made a hard choice about what would ensure the least worse future for the German people. Although not a formal surrender, the abandonment of the West Front sent a clear message.

Germany was ready to give up everything to stop the child-raping communist scumbags from seizing Central Europe, but they shall not give in any more inch to the reds! The fact they gave up everything to make a stand over what was left of Poland, this would trigger something, the final act of Fall Neinmaske, a tale of strange bedfellows that would shape the future of Europe after WW2.

QUN4CND.jpg

The Wehrmacht fought tooth and nail to stop the endless hordes of the Red Army, and somehow, after being overwhelmed for so long, they still have emerged victorious. These victories would perhaps be remembered in the dark future ahead, and History was already being rewritten because Germany has managed to halt the bulk of the Soviet advance.

bRpOdtM.jpg

Yet, the Bolshevik scum attacked with more and more fury as the finale approached, clearly to subjugate more peoples and lands before the Allies could achieve a victory more favorable to them than for the Reds.

54c0O6c.jpg

Then, in the most dramatic of the final moments of the Wehrmacht, in a repeat of the disaster of Stalingrad, Krakow was completely encircled by the infinite legions, as the other German forces launched a desperate attack to relieve the defenders of Krakow. If Krakow falls, then the red tide will slaughter the entirety of Poland and East Germany.

foTn19f.jpg

Regardless of what motivated the beginning of the war, heroic would be an understatement to describe what the German Army did at Krakow, and fortunately the encirclement was broken, and soon the relief would arrive. The defenders of Krakow just needed to hold their line with courage and determination for a little more time.

4wjZg4A.jpg

The entire German Army now was ready to make their final stand at the Eastern Front. No matter how much butthurt the frogs could have, nothing they could do against Germany would compare to what the reds would do, and if Poland survives, there could be a chance for Germany to have to pay quite light terms in the end, all matters considered. Thus the reason they were defending Poland as if it was their very home, for the future of Germany now depended upon this.

fbqpbQ7.jpg

Disaster! The front has completely collapsed in Hungary, where the remnants of the Wehrmacht have chosen to fight to the last man.

9yWOB5B.jpg

The encirclement against Krakow was finally over, but the defenders of Krakow were almost driven out. They were doing their best to prevent the fall of the city to the Bolshevik looters and criminals.

leVgePO.jpg

The Soviet Union has lost over one million soldiers in less than two months(as confirmed by the taken losses comparison) with their failure to advance from the east, as they only were gaining ground on the south, where the remnants of the German forces made a gallant stand in Austria. If only Germany could afford to keep defending all fronts, only cockroaches would withstand such massive casualties for long. Unfortunately, these victories would not ensure anything but salvation from Bolshevism for Western Poland and all of Germany, for Stalin was not willing to start a war against the West over Warsaw, and his hope the Nazis would crush the uprising was shattered.

dJwP4Ei.jpg

"The end is coming soon for the Third Reich. People of Germany, it is rightful for you to know that in the final moment of our Fatherland, I have chosen the impossible, the unacceptable, and yet the only choice that could give Germany a chance, a choice I hope History will prove correct. The war was already lost after Stalingrad, and so I have lost, and assume full responsibility for this defeat, but there was yet one thing I could do for you. I have led all brave Wehrmacht soldiers to hold the hordes of the worst scum no matter the cost, for they are worse than even the worst Jew always ready to cause a market crash within the decadence of capitalism for fortune. There is no reasoning with Russian Bolsheviks, thirsty for a revenge that would bring untold misery, death and destruction to our country had we not managed to stop them at the Vistula river. Unfortunately there was nothing that could be done for East Prussia, where horrible things have happened to the German people, where I received reliable information they are being slaughtered without mercy, but the horde has been stopped, and everywhere else of our Fatherland was saved and doomed at the same time. Saved from the worst fate of falling in Bolshevik hands, yet doomed to fall in the hands of our western enemies.

I could have demanded for every German soldier to fight West and East to the last, but what could that have brought other than the division of our lands among a bad and an infinte times worse invader? I could have crushed the Warsaw Uprising, betrayed by their own 'allies' willing to surrender them to the Bolshevik scum, instead of reasoning with Poland so that you may yet have peace and full sovereignty again, so that all Germans in the Republic of Poland will be tolerated and respected once the war is over, and old enemies may yet become the greatest friends, for what would crushing Warsaw bring other than more lands for the Soviets? There is still hope for you, but no more for me and all others in the Party who have brought our Fatherland the greatest glories, but even greater disasters. We have sacrificed our future to stop Bolshevism, and now we must face the consequences. A new German Reich may yet rise,, but we will not. We are the Third Reich, and together, we now depart from this world to live forever, loved and hated, admired and villified, in the pages of History. Be strong, people of Germany, this is my final order."

Hitler's last words have been as controversial as his entire life. In the future, Neo-Nazis would insist the sucide letter was a forgery done by Jews, and even among the Allies it was considered dubious, for they did not believe a man like Hitler would openly admit he was wrong, even before a suicide. It was over now, but the line was successfully held. The Soviets were halted and the Amerikwans conquered Berlin instead.

txE1Nkj.jpg

The German army was determined to fight until their supplies were about to run out. Of the supposed final words of Hitler, the only ones that were widely divulged were: "BE STRONG", and they were doing their best to honor such last order, but Austria was beyond hope now, except it would not be fully occupied by Bolshevism.

bolgWMn.jpg

With Hitler's death, Dönitz assumed interim rule over what was left of the Reich. the Grand Admiral deeds now, in the final days of the Reich, would shape the future of many countries.

Note: Could not bother using Photoshop to change the flag in that Photo.

8bqFmHG.jpg

Dönitz seriously tried to convince the Allies the Soviet Union was a threat to all of them, but it was to no avail, while the Wehrmacht, with its last strength, saved Torun one more time. The atrocities once commonly done by Germany against non Germans in occupied territories have ceased by January 1945, and because there are no stupid rules against mentioning the Holocaust in glorious RPGCodex, the Holocaust also was over, and some Poles were actually glad, in an ironic way, that the Germans "won" against the Soviet Union in Poland, for that meant they would end in the "free" portion of Potato.

CxjFNwj.jpg

Kärl Donitz was determined to ensure the people in his "sinking ship" would suffer as little as possible, and new negotiations were happening with the Polish government in Warsaw. Eventually, after much persuasion, the Poles formally agreed that, should any German minority end under their territory, they will have minority rights to their own German-speaking teachers in schools and preservation of their culture, in exchange for very generous territorial exchanges in favor of Poland in the final act of Fall Neinmaske: a separate peace treaty the Poles were ready to agree with as soon as Dönitz was willing to.

dRimOw9.jpg

However, Dönitz have sworn that as long as there are supplies, the Wehrmacht will do what they can to weaken the Bolshevik menance, and so they have done, fighting as long as they can over West Poland.

tfTR8rW.jpg

When the United States army reached Prague, there was much rejoicing among the Czechs, who ironically shall be free from the tyranny of Stalin thanks to the very Germany that wiped them off the map, while the Slovaks won't be so lucky. The German defense of the East Front has prevented communism from penetrating deeper into Europe indeed, but will this be remembered as the news about Soviet atrocities spread to the West?

LrZamuJ.jpg

16th of February of 1945, two months since the day the Ardennes offensive was cancelled, was the day the Reich had no more chance of putting up a fight, as their supplies were about to deplete. Karl Dönitz had no more time to do anything but hope for the best of the Polish-German agreements, for there was one final thing Poland would to to the German nation(rather than the 3rd Reich), in return for

PxOgHOo.jpg

Germany has surrendered unconditionally to Poland, and by extension, to the allies. Bitter about the now obvious intent of "Western Betrayal" by giving in all of Poland to the commie and refusing to support the Warsaw Uprising, only botched because of Germany's willingless to put their own sovereignty on the line to halt communism and to not crush the Uprising so it could serve as a buffer during their hopeless war, the Polish government would honor their part of the deal, and push for the Allies, specially the United States, to allow Germany to become an independent, democratic country as soon as possible.

The diplomatic minefield was vast, but, being completely aware that the only reason they are independent now is because of the very country that conquered them in 1939, and having no trust of the Allies, Poland really tried to convince specially the US, which could force the butthurt French to accept anything, to discard the Morgenthau Plan and impose only light terms on Germany, while not maintaining a military occupation for more than a few months.

nsdDggv.jpg

Germany lost the Second World War, yet, in the very final days, they have won a moral and a diplomatic victory, and they have saved the Czech Republic and half of Poland from becoming communist Police States, while ensuring the integrity of most of their lands. Thanks to Polish support in this New World Order, Germany rises again from the ashes of defeat, diplomatically isolated. Yet ironically, talks with Free Poland, as the Polish people have been divided between the free West and the oppressed East, may lead to the rise of a new alliance, of old enemies becoming allies, and old allies divorcing due to mistrust, the seeds of a Third Bloc other than Kwa and Soviet Union... Europareich.

Trials for war criminals, as agreed, will be witheld by Germany itself with United Nations' supervision, to avoid excesses of "victor's justice". Over Kwanzania, the famous "Peace above Revenge" speech was definite for ensuring some support and recognition for the newly founded German Republic.

Japan still was at war, and their defeat was equally inevitable.

There was a secret agreement among the newly established German Republic and Poland, where, should Germany help Poland regain their East from the Bolsheviks and succeed, the Polish government will return all ethnically German territories, including the city of Danzig. Ethnic borders were not so clear cut in the East, where millions of Germans fled to West Poland to escape from a new genocide.

Note: I switched to Poland in the months before that happened. I was surprised AI Kwa agreed to let Germany back so soon, but I invented this fluff to justify it

Question: Continue playing with Germany or switch to Poland?

1) Germany will rise again and fight against Bolshevism and LIBRULS. And next time, it shall be either victory or nuclear ITZ!

:flamesaw:

2) Poland STRONG! Remove Red from the Premises!

:outrage:

Note: IC of Free Poland is 27... which means it will be either a sitzkrieg waste of time doing nothing but building IC or suicide.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Potato can't into wars so Adin... Also someone should do 1941 Barbarossa with Germans liberating Russian Peoples from Judeo-Bolshevism instead of going GPO on them; Getting all Skyways as Infantrymen and freeing 1/3 of German Divisions who had to act as anti partizan forces allone would be worth it.

Infantryman

Scholar

The situation is developing in a very interesting direction. Although Germany had lost some lands, it seems like things went back to the prewar state. But with the strengthened Soviet Union and other countries mobilized, it might be more difficult this time than in 1939. 2nd World War 2 looks inevitable.

Cassidy

Arcane
As predicted, sticking to Germany won by and far.

The update is ready for Page 2

BUMP

BEST KOREA IS ONLY KOREA

Kipeci

Arcane
Wasn't that event supposed to give Silesia to Poland? Also, what's happening in Austria?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom