Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let the DRM rape continue! New SimCity

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Haven't you been following the kickstarter threads raw? Apparently Steam eats your babies according to the butthurt drama queens du jour.

sparrowtm

Insert Disk 22
Developer
J_C brofisted me because I have Matt Barton in my recommended channels list. :love:

Papa Môlé

Arcane
ENTITLED GAMERS!

13636415659948jx0s.jpg

http://techland.time.com/2013/03/18/sorry-ea-was-never-obliged-to-make-simcity-a-single-player-game/

Being an adult gamer is just like being an adult out in the real world. You suck it up, bend over, spread those cheeks and learn to sigh to yourself under your breath while keeping that upper lip stiff. Being mature is really just about how wide you can make your rectum for the world to fuck you in the ass. Now get over on that table kids, time to grow up.

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
Uh, you know, I just don't buy this shit and I'm happy.

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
So, basically, EA's bullshit somehow managed to get them in a corner that even they could not bullshit out of, so they just remained silent?

Wow. Simcity 2013 is impressive.

Brinko

Arcane
I'm more shocked Walker ceased his ranting about feminism to rant about SimCity.

Turjan

Arcane
So, basically, EA's bullshit somehow managed to get them in a corner that even they could not bullshit out of, so they just remained silent?

Wow. Simcity 2013 is impressive.
The sad thing is that the tactic seems to be effective. The game still seems to sell well enough.

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
WOW. There are still people playing this?

Brinko

Arcane
WOW. There are still people playing this?
Yeah the mentally deranged. I think that's EA core audience judging by the people I interact with at university and reading comments on other forums.

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
That's actually a pretty nice looking city town village considering what game it was designed in.

Still, with all this shit introduced like trees blaring sirens, I have to wonder, is this really a typical city building game? I think it might secretly be some sort of a discordianist anti-reality.

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
SimCity 4 is on sale on Steam right now. Had to pick it up - I haven't played a city-builder for a good 10 years. Hope it's better than the current shitfest. :)

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
SimCity 4 is on sale on Steam right now. Had to pick it up - I haven't played a city-builder for a good 10 years. Hope it's better than the current shitfest. :)
Of course it is better. They are not even in the same league.

Turjan

Arcane
Make sure you use the fan patches and the NAM (at least its traffic simulator). SC4 was never properly patched by Maxis, either. The default traffic simulator is broken, and some of the bugs (like the opera house one) can kill off your city.

The good thing is that the game is so moddable. With fixes and mods, it's excellent.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom