Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance Pre-Release Thread [RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Disgruntled

Savant
That little camp screenshot looks insane.:S

The upper part of the screenshot with the tree lighting looks almost photorealistic.
Im tempted to try the alpha just to visit those kind of locations, and I might have to if they go the CDPR route and downgrade everything for console release.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Q9QgUOV.png

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
PC gaming will reclaim its throne, mark my words fellow noblemen. The Age of Peasantry is at an end. Our victory is at hand!

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC gaming will reclaim its throne, mark my words fellow noblemen. The Age of Peasantry is at an end. Our victory is at hand!
And A Multiplatform Next Gen title by a creator who believes a controller is the best input device will lead the charge.

There will be no epic battle, no "charge" to lead. Only a mediocre platform crumbling under the weight of its own mediocrity. PC will simply step up, toss the dead Peasant Ruler aside and sit on the now-empty throne.

Got bored and left

Half-swording in a vidya game :O What a time to be alive.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Well, about a week or so before we discover if this game is a complete fucking disaster or...I don't even know what.

Still remember the fate of Clang and what Stephenson said as an obituary:

""The prototype was technically innovative, but it wasn't very fun to play. This is for various reasons. Some of these were beyond our control. Others are my responsibility in that I probably focused too much on historical accuracy and not enough on making it sufficiently fun."

I trust Dan not to make the same mistake, even though all they were talking about in all the updates ever released was historical accuracy. And maybe AI. No mention ever about the fun factor, character development, itemization, level scaling etc.

Last edited:
Well, about a week or so before we discover if this game is a complete fucking disaster or...I don't even know what.

Still remember the fate of Clang and what Stephenson said as an obituary:

""The prototype was technically innovative, but it wasn't very fun to play. This is for various reasons. Some of these were beyond our control. Others are my responsibility in that I probably focused too much on historical accuracy and not enough on making it sufficiently fun."

I trust Dan not to make the same mistake, even though all they were talking about in all the updates ever released was historical accuracy. And maybe AI. No mention ever about the fun factor, character development, itemization, level scaling etc.

Obviously I can't guarantee anything, and any game can flop, but I feel fairly confident in KCD. Unlike Stephenson with CLANG, who had literally zero experience with video games, these guys are all industry vets. More pertinently, their most notable previous efforts, Operation Flashpoint and Mafia, both had combat systems that weren't just very realistic, but also a lot of fun. We will see in a week or two.

Doktor Best

Arcane
Am i the only one who thinks first person is the wrong choice for a fencing game? Melee combat is all about anticipation of movement, distance to the enemy, reach of your weapon. That all is much harder to see as player if youre stuck in first person. Will there also be a third person option?

Cadmus

Arcane
Am i the only one who thinks first person is the wrong choice for a fencing game? Melee combat is all about anticipation of movement, distance to the enemy, reach of your weapon. That all is much harder to see as player if youre stuck in first person. Will there also be a third person option?
Yeah, I don't understand why it's in the 1st person view either. It seems obvious to me that melee combat is better controlled and viewed from the 3rdPP, not to mention it looks cool when you can watch your guy make the moves. I hope they know what they're doing with this.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
I remember from the kickstarter video that they would add castle sieges. First person castle sieges in no-fantasy medieval setting with Crytek powered graphics sounds really cool, to be honest.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom