Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

JE Sawyer releases personal Fallout: New Vegas mod

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
I dont know, the Zion Valley and how the rocks are shaped reminds me more of some alien World of Warcraft area than the actual Zion Valley. The Dead Monex experience was good, but that was more because of enviroment effects used. The art deco building style was pretty sweet though.

And shoot me, but I really enjoyed how Pittsburgh has been portrayed in this Bethesda DLC. Ofcourse it was crap gameplaywise, but the artists did a good job there.

hrose

Educated
Does jsawyer work with the other realism tweaks? They look pretty interesting, but I probably should start a new game with just one or the other.

I didn't play the whole game but I didn't see problems.

But I had to mod extensively Arwen mod to make it playable, otherwise it's nigh impossible. So I either hand you my version, or I don't actually recommend at all to use that mod the way it is by default.

There remained a few quirks that I think I didn't end up fixing but that should be fixable: for example in both standard Fallout and jsawyer the stimpacks directly give you back health. There are full stimpacks and weaker version in jsawyer. But Arewn only scripts one type of stimpack, and it won't heal you. So I think the game ended up having two types of stimpacks that in the end had the exact same effect (so I should go and add a new custom script to apply only to the weaker stimpack).

In Arwen mod stimpack only stop the bleeding (they reduce a value by some extent, same for bandages). When you're stable and not bleeding you'll then heal over time. And using stimpacks one a second after the other only wastes one of them, since it also needs some time to work and run its script.

Jsawyer mostly fix a few things and rebalances what kind of stuff you find in the world (weight of items, quantities and so on), I removed that part of Arwen mod, and only use the modules (and not all of them) that add the scripts. So these areas don't really overlap.

RedScum

Arbiter
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Hey Hrose, would you be so kind to upload your current modlist? Thinking of reinstalling again and your list seems interesting enough. Would be most grateful if you did :)

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

- This is actually a little surprising since while Bethesda can't write dialog or story worth shit, they can make fairly interesting worlds to explore. FF:NV was much more interesting to explore than F3. Maybe it's because it's Bethesda's first non-Elder Scrolls setting?

Oblivion had one of the most poorly designed sandbox worlds ever, Fallout 3 did have few nice looking areas but the rest of the world was consisted of subway stations and Skyrim features totally generic and forgettable world.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
I've actually been to Zion park (it's 40 mins from me) and while maybe not quite that stylized (since real life isn't a video game), it's pretty much like that. They made it a park because it does have a ton of neat geology.

Regvard

Arcane
Does jsawyer work with the other realism tweaks? They look pretty interesting, but I probably should start a new game with just one or the other.

I didn't play the whole game but I didn't see problems.

But I had to mod extensively Arwen mod to make it playable, otherwise it's nigh impossible. So I either hand you my version, or I don't actually recommend at all to use that mod the way it is by default.

There remained a few quirks that I think I didn't end up fixing but that should be fixable: for example in both standard Fallout and jsawyer the stimpacks directly give you back health. There are full stimpacks and weaker version in jsawyer. But Arewn only scripts one type of stimpack, and it won't heal you. So I think the game ended up having two types of stimpacks that in the end had the exact same effect (so I should go and add a new custom script to apply only to the weaker stimpack).

In Arwen mod stimpack only stop the bleeding (they reduce a value by some extent, same for bandages). When you're stable and not bleeding you'll then heal over time. And using stimpacks one a second after the other only wastes one of them, since it also needs some time to work and run its script.

Jsawyer mostly fix a few things and rebalances what kind of stuff you find in the world (weight of items, quantities and so on), I removed that part of Arwen mod, and only use the modules (and not all of them) that add the scripts. So these areas don't really overlap.

Post your version here for future generations?

Balor

Arcane
Can anyone post his sufficiently Codexian (old-school) modlist? No furry/gay sex stuff please.
Bugfixes/realism/graphics, perhaps some crafting and weapons.

After getting a life and finding it somewhat overrated, I want to play some games again, and heavily modded FNV sounds like a good bet before W2 and Eternity will be released.

crojipjip

Developer
Ăśbermensch
Can anyone post his sufficiently Codexian (old-school) modlist? No furry/gay sex stuff please.

After getting a life and finding it somewhat overrated, I want to play some games again, and heavily modded FNV sounds like a good bet before W2 and Eternity will be released.

Probably one of the best mods but also the very first creature mod released.

http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/falloutnewvegas/mod/37640.html

unfortunately no images.

fortunately i do have images of all my past 3d models thansk to google images. so if you want an idea of my style.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/2409/screenshot9nw.png
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/1932/hairheadmutant.jpg
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/1540/buginsect.jpg
http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/2930/screenshot33r.png
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9012/temp3e.png

Brinko

Arcane
Did Sawyer add more of the plants you could make from that soylent green crap? Or is it still that crappy list of about 15 items?
I ask because I'm trying to reduce the number of mods I use and if he has corrected some of the simpler shit then great.

New Vegas Uncut mods, Strip Open. You may want to check Puce Moose's tweaks, like Destructible Ordnance or Responsive Kill Reactions. Project Nevada gameplay changes (you may want to skip Equipment module, it features stupid shit like T-57c Power Armor)

Also New Vegas Bounties 1 and 2 for new content and maybe A World Of Pain (some of the new dungeons are good and make sense, some don't)

I would recommend Sawyer's mod and the New Vegas uncut series (incl. Strip Open) as others have done already. Beyond that, FOOK is a sensible, balanced overhaul that comes with good native compatibility for the Uncut mods and has an up to date patch for use with Sawyer's mod. Imps TimeScale Adjuster is handy little tool as well.

That guy from Bounties mods is currently working on his new mod - The Siege of Firebase Zulu

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.p...ulu/page__st__20__gopid__6314656#entry6314656

:thumbsup: He's actually quite talented one of the few modders whose work isn't out of the place and doesn't suck balls. Bounties 2 was actually a combat oriented western, rather forcing the player into violence, but I liked how he included various skill checks and interesting concepts.

I especially liked scripted encounters that reflected player's choices/deeds in the past.

Dustin542

Liturgist
Perhaps one that removes the invisible walls. CASM also helps with save corruption prevention by using a fresh file when ever it quicksaves rather than overwriting the same file over and over.

Nigro

Educated
Perhaps one that removes the invisible walls. CASM also helps with save corruption prevention by using a fresh file when ever it quicksaves rather than overwriting the same file over and over.
thanks man, damn those invisible walls are annoying!
so far I havent had problem with save file corruption thank god, but better safe than sorry

Nigro

Educated
thanks man, damn those invisible walls are annoying!
so far I havent had problem with save file corruption thank god, but better safe than sorry
http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/34723
this seems interesting too

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom