Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Improving Skyrim / Recommended Mods thread (Mostly about Requiem)

DraQ

Arcane
But does it add a highly detailed horse vagina?
Yes.
Several.
All located on your corpse if you just charge at enemies in the vanilla Skyrim manner.

Yes, it's SkyUI mod. There is a an ''error'' message every time i open Skyrim, stating that there is something wrong with
[Papyrus] entry in my skyrim.ini (and that it can stop working at some time), which i fixed as taught in this turorial:
https://github.com/schlangster/skyui/wiki/SkyUI-Errors#ERR_INI_PAPYRUS
Have you actually fixed it or gone through the motions while the problem stayed?

Because if the Papyrus gets clogged with errors and unresolved script calls then yeah the game will slow down to a crawl within seconds or minutes of starting and most of the game mechanics will outright stop working.
I changed the .ini lines as showed above. Was there anything else?
Yes, two steps:
  1. Verify that you were trying to solve the right problem.
  2. Verify that you have actually solved it.
:M

more important rpg aspects of the game
That's not immediately obvious.

Not saying that they are unimportant, but are they actually more important than fixing the entire mechanics, loot distribution and encounters?

whatevername

Arcane
Surprisingly Requiem turned out great. It really transforms the game and shows that behind all the casual streamlining the core is solid enough to be salvageable with the proper modifications. Recommended.
Requiem sucks because you can kill a mammoth with summoned skeletons at like lvl 5 or sooner and then you raise it as undead and it kills 95% of stuff for you.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
Where exactly the follower inventory shows up in dialogue? I got that sexy nord babe following now after killing the dragon getting on the good side of jarl, but, when i speak to her there is only ''wait here'' option and that's it?

DraQ

Arcane
Where exactly the follower inventory shows up in dialogue? I got that sexy nord babe following now after killing the dragon getting on the good side of jarl, but, when i speak to her there is only ''wait here'' option and that's it?
Your papyrus is probably too clogged up with errors and unresolved fcn calls to be bothered with your dialogue requests.

Try posting your logs.

Miner Arobar

Educated
I dont think it changes any stuff about the quests though,you can still join the rebels slaughter legions of imperials and then show yourself at solitude and take quests as nothing has happened.

It reaLly shows the pain people are willing to go through to fix things like "longsword of whateverness should make 45,6 points of damage against plate armored mobs not the 45,567 it does now",rather than mod more important rpg aspects of the game like the guards on solitude not registering that i became a fucking general of the fucking imperial legion and still telling to join up the legion.

There must be some mods that make the opposing side try to kill you on sight as soon as you pick a side ("Kill on Sight: Alternate Adventures" claims to do this, I haven't tried it). I agree that Requiem doesn't solve this, or the general issue of becoming archmaster of factions without the game really recognizing this - but it does make you take a much, much longer time to reach the point where this becomes grating (I've a level 30 light armoured sniper in the Thieves Guild questline, and the next quest may have me go up against Dwemer machinery. I'm not sure if I can do it). Vanilla, I could whale into the group of bandits guarding Bleakfalls Barrow and expect to survive, grab the quest item, and kill first dragon within hours of starting up my character. Requiem, I killed my first bandit gang at level 13 or so after a grueling endless session of sniping arrows, trying not to be seen, and going to hide to recover my pathetic stamina. Much more sense of achievement.

razvedchiki

Erudite
thats all about combat and character progresion,if this was an action rpg like a diablo clone i would be fine with it,just go loot and dont give a shit.

but unfortunately it has a story to tell and in that it fails miserably.

in new vegas you can roam like a retard in the wastes storming vaults,accumulating wealth etc but every location that is populated by npcs is tied to your actions through the game.

you decapitated every powder ganger you came across?tough luck,next time you go to prison they open fire on sight.
and you can prety much forget any quests they could offer.

that was so difficult to implement on skyrim?

but hold on i can already hear it "WE DONT HAVE THE TIME,STUFF IT ALL IN SO WE CAN RUN IT ALL THROUGH ONE PLAYTHROUGH".

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
Your papyrus is probably too clogged up with errors and unresolved fcn calls to be bothered with your dialogue requests.

Try posting your logs.
What logs? And i did what was asked in that turorial? And i don't have any inventory issues apart of it being kinda slow.

Gord

Arcane
Since I finally got Dragonborn for a decent price I wonder if there's a good patch for it to integrate it sensibly with Requiem?
The ones I found are either outdated, insist on changing other non-Dragonborn stuff too, or require Hearthfire. Anyone got some experience with it?

The weight doesn't matter, it's the quantity of items. Use a follower as a pack mule and keep your inventory small. Or a horse from Convenient Horses.

I don't think the quantity matters much either. I had little to no lag with a 1000+ pound inventory with a million items when I was playing as a guy that crafted everything he used. ( "It's like I'm really playing Terraria!" )

Surprisingly Requiem turned out great. It really transforms the game and shows that behind all the casual streamlining the core is solid enough to be salvageable with the proper modifications. Recommended.
Requiem sucks because you can kill a mammoth with summoned skeletons at like lvl 5 or sooner and then you raise it as undead and it kills 95% of stuff for you.

I tried to herd Giants and mammoths around once, lost my patience s i n c e t h e y m o v e s o s l o w if they aren't already in combat. I'd rather just come back later if I run into something I can't fight. But sometimes trolls and sabercats happen to follow me into bandit camps...

Of course, if you do have the patience for it you can experience some interesting sights.

oFdBZG.png

De1eVm.png

Last edited:

DraQ

Arcane

I tried to herd Giants and mammoths around once, lost my patience s i n c e t h e y m o v e s o s l o w if they aren't already in combat. I'd rather just come back later if I run into something I can't fight. But sometimes trolls and sabercats happen to follow me into bandit camps...

Of course, if you do have the patience for it you can experience some interesting sights.

oFdBZG.png

De1eVm.png
Doesn't raising something like mammoth require pretty much endgame level
:necro: spells?

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
K, fixed SKYUi problem (that papyrus shit) and now it doesn't lag even with 800 items in it.

Anyhow, something funny saw recently. Finished the dungeon with that ''Hard Hand'' or smth raider lady with trapped treasure stash in the end and as i was relatively close to vampire fort (where you have to kill that one vamp for guy in Fareth or whatitsname) just to find the place so i can fast travel later (it's at the peak of a huge ass mountain). Out inventory was staked, but out of curiosity i went in just to see what's up. Killed couple of thrall and and went back out, because it's obviously another huge dungeon.
When i returned to Whitesomething city (the first one you go to), there was a fight between 3 vamps, on of which was ''vampire master'' and townspeople. Weird thing was that the master was ''outside'' the gate and they fought sort of ''through'' it. Parts of his body peaked in and out. Went outside to finish that fuck off,but low and behold, there's nothing there. Just two bored guards biding their time.
That's an often occurrence? And did those vampires spawned because of me trespassing their territory?

Also, stealth is funneh. Guys sit at the table, drink, sing songs and shit, while i pick em' off one by one, after which quickly hide away and they keep singing and bantering till the very last guy is left talking to himself jollily. People of Skyrim are fucking mad, i tells ya.

Btw, was the first Companion mission, the initiation dungeon supposed to be for low level chars? Because even with almost 20ish lvl guy i was got one shotted by the silver hand people about 20-30 times through the whole thing. With full health and boosted up, it just goes BOOM, cut scene, ur ded, lel. I had self made light armor sum of which is around 170, p. good two-handed skill with self made/modified elven war hammer that dealt 60+ damage and still was owned by groups of 3 lowlifes, both by arrows and viking guys. Farkas was not much help. The same in the bandit dungeon mentioned above. Had to start relying on sneak-cheese tactics that i described. Playing on expert.

But, yeah, overall i actually enjoying SR so far. Getting too old for hardcore old school shit, i guess.

Vampire attacks are random, introduced by Dawnguard. Advance the questline to stop them if they bother you. The guys were fighting inside the city, their body just glitched near the gate. The outside world isn't loaded while you're inside a gated city.

Mods like to give the companions questline a higher level barrier because werewolves are pretty strong. Requiem likes to make Farkas ask you to kill a master vampire as a test. Bitch, if I could kill those things for sport I wouldn't be applying to your crummy guild, I'd be running it.

Doesn't raising something like mammoth require pretty much endgame level necro spells?

Aye. I assume he's using hyperbole, like the "You can just craft enchanted daedric armor and tank everything at level 1" people.

Last edited:

DraQ

Arcane
Also, stealth is funneh. Guys sit at the table, drink, sing songs and shit, while i pick em' off one by one, after which quickly hide away and they keep singing and bantering till the very last guy is left talking to himself jollily. People of Skyrim are fucking mad, i tells ya.

Btw, was the first Companion mission, the initiation dungeon supposed to be for low level chars? Because even with almost 20ish lvl guy i was got one shotted by the silver hand people about 20-30 times through the whole thing. With full health and boosted up, it just goes BOOM, cut scene, ur ded, lel. I had self made light armor sum of which is around 170, p. good two-handed skill with self made/modified elven war hammer that dealt 60+ damage and still was owned by groups of 3 lowlifes, both by arrows and viking guys. Farkas was not much help. The same in the bandit dungeon mentioned above. Had to start relying on sneak-cheese tactics that i described. Playing on expert.
Play on Requiem instead.

SR has level scaling, although not as obnoxious nor conspicuous as OB. Requiem removes that.
It also improves the mechanics in all sorts of ways, giving different builds a lot of individual flavour (and individual difficulty depending on the circumstances) and yes, it makes AI not nearly as oblivious as in vanilla.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Play on Requiem instead.

SR has level scaling, although not as obnoxious nor conspicuous as OB. Requiem removes that.
It also improves the mechanics in all sorts of ways, giving different builds a lot of individual flavour (and individual difficulty depending on the circumstances) and yes, it makes AI not nearly as oblivious as in vanilla.
He'd have to be playing with Requiem, the Companion quest ain't that difficult on vanilla, unless he over-leveled that stuff.

DraQ

Arcane
He'd have to be playing with Requiem, the Companion quest ain't that difficult on vanilla, unless he over-leveled that stuff.
Difficulty slider doesn't work in Req and it also makes the AI much more perceptible and not prone to timing out before it has even reached you.
Requiem also disables vampire raids by default - it has a toggle for that but he wouldn't be asking what happened if he found the toggle.

Sounds like vanilla with UI mods - warts and all.

Also, with Requiem we would have observed emissions of significant quantities of butthurt and whine.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
Yeah, no requiem and i'm not whining. Just curious. The first Companion dungeon was full of deadly ''bandits'' though. They were handing Frakase's ass to him too and he's supposed to be some slick shit bad ass mofo, no?. I don't mind the challenge, but it's kinda strange that the very first mission that is given to you in the starting city seems to have high level mobs in it. Is there a way to check what level enemies you're facing in game?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom