Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

If you could erase your memory and replay 1 game

Jaqen

Novice
Hi all,

As title;

If you could erase your memory and replay 1 game as if it was your first time, what would it be?

I would have to say Planescape Torment.

zeitgeist

Magister
Are we erasing only the memory of one specific game, or is it a general memory erase?

In case of the latter, I'd say Halo. Just imagine - you wipe your memory of all the pre-2000 games, play Halo as your first video game ever, and suddenly you see nothing wrong with the entire post-2000 gaming industry. The path to true happiness.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Morrowind is my favorite game of all time and to explore that world again for the first time would be truly amazing.

Erebus

Arcane
Torment, obviously. Although I'd leave myself a note about the importance of Wisdom, Intelligence and Charisma.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I still haven't found the time to finish PS:T, got about 40% of the way through 10 years ago, so no need to wipe memory for it as it's like a new game for me still :smug:

I think System Shock 2 or Anachronox.

zeitgeist

Magister
Joghurt said:
Yes ! If I could erase this game from my memory AND play it pre-trammel it would be fucking awesome.
Ok, if we're adding time travel to this, thirding pre-Trammel UO, and adding pre-Combat Upgrade SWG. Or pre-Holocron craze to be exact.

Harold

Arcane
In order of 'wish I didn't remember anything about said game'
Torment
Grim Fandango
Dark Corners of the Earth
Bloodlines
Arcanum

Gold

Augur
Patron
Dead State Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
MisterStone said:

This, Ive played so many times, but I have done damn near everything in the game. I would love to have that experience of awesome again.

Murk

Arcane
commie said:
I still haven't found the time to finish PS:T, got about 40% of the way through 10 years ago, so no need to wipe memory for it as it's like a new game for me still :smug:

Oh my, how tragic.

PS:T, Arcanum, or G2+NotR

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Mikayel said:
commie said:

Oh my, how tragic.

Well it actually isn't as I was 'lucky/cursed enough to not be able to afford an upgrade from an XT until 1995, so I missed out on most of the great games from the first half of the 90's, and then after my family life pretty much began in 2002 I didn't have time for too many of those games that were released in the late 90's-early 2000's. This means that there's a shitload of untapped goodness for me that will tide me over for years during these twilight times of gaming.

JrK

Prophet
Fallout 1. It is relatively short and the exploration factor is really gone for me after two playthroughs. I have a good memory...

The result is that other playthroughs I'm just going through the motions of doing everything. No longer the awesome feeling of exploring the Glow or meeting the master and feeling true disgust and awe.

A close second is PS:T which had me glued to the screen just to find out the next part of the story.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom