Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hitman: Absolution

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Just yesterday i checked out IO's website and the job posts indicated they were developing Kane & Lynch 3 and were looking for multiplayer programmers.
I am really sad to hear this news.

Count the things that are wrong with this sentence.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
They released Kane & Lynch when people were desperate for Xbox games, it sold okay, then they acted like they had a big hit franchise. That always seemed odd to me. The second one sold like shit from what I hear, so that likely is what directly caused this.

The latest Hitman is basically Splinter Cell, so if that's where IO is going with it I'd rather they just stop.

Machocruz

Arcane
You would think after the whole "Gotta make it accessible by adding 7th generation, AAA console tropes to reach a wider audience" thing crashes and burns time after time, the industry would adopt a new philosophy.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Way to go Square.
Don't forget to kill yourself once everything else is done.

dunno lah

Arcane
Hitman was one of the earliest monocled games I played. So sad that it's all over now.

Pointless Trivia: Back in '07, my big bro told me they were making Hitman 5. And when I asked him the title of the game, he said, "HITMAN THE SHITMAN HAHAHAHA!!!".

Get it?

SwiftCrack

Arcane
LMAO @ Hitman development switch.

Also; whats the codex lore behind 'Thiaf' instead of Thief.

RedScum

Arbiter
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
I think this is the reason:

thief4logo.jpg

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Ugh.

It's amazing how one can reach this point, where you don't give a shit about a series you used to consider nearly flawless. It just took one game and suddenly I no longer care that a new Hitman game is being made.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://hitman.com/open-letter-to-hitman-fans/?age-verified=2230a723d9
An open letter to all Hitman fans

Dear Hitman fans,

We wanted to share this open letter with all of you out there eagerly awaiting morenews about what’s happening next in the franchise.

At Io-Interactive right now, we are building the next AAA Hitman game for PC and next-gen consoles. It has our total focus and we wanted to take a moment to tell you a few things about it.

In the next game you will experience a globetrotting Agent 47 at the prime of his career – the apex predator stalking his prey across the world, with the support of his long-term handler Diana Burnwood and the whole of the ICA.

The game concentrates on the core Hitman fantasy of using a wide range of tools to take out a diverse group of targets across expansive, exotic locations around the world. We are building this game on the backbone of the Glacier 2 engine, using the best parts and what we have learnt through Hitman: Absolution and drawing inspiration from past titles like Contracts and Blood Money to fulfil the core Hitman fantasy. That means we’re packing in an extreme level of detail on the largest levels we have ever built for a Hitman game. We’ve adopted an open, non-linear level design approach to the game, ensuring the game will play out across huge, checkpoint-free, sandbox levels. Our aim is to create living, breathing and believable levels which will allow gamers to play around with the AI to create those unique moments every fan of the Hitman franchise loves.

Contracts Mode is back – you will be able to create and build challenges by experimenting with the large levels and possibilities within them. And of course, you can share them with the world and challenge your friends or foes to complete your hits. Your rules, your Contracts.

You will also be glad to hear that we have removed 47’s magic pockets. We believe that’s all we need to say about that subject.

As we get further into 2014, we will reveal more and get into much closer contact with all of you. There are so many things we have planned and we are extremely excited for the future of Hitman.

Thank you all for your dedication. We will share much, much more in the coming months.

The Io-Interactive Team
@IOInteractive

Last edited:

Boyarpunk

Hey there, fuckface-uh!
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Codex USB, 2014

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom