Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Theft Auto V - Released on PC

Ivan

Arcane
the first one available. very tame. but progressing

racofer

Thread Incliner
What's the point of an oculus rift video? D:
hUFoRZa.jpg

Second patch seems to have completely fixed my stuttering problem when framerate changes. I really didn't expect this game to end up running this well. While it's a shame to have to use Normal textures thanks to my 2GB card, being able to set pretty much everything else on Very High including 4xTXAA and still have a smooth 40-50 fps is really surprising. I was worried about my cpu because it's slightly slower than recommended but V is actually significantly lighter on it than IV.
How's the online performance compared to single player? Any of you tested it in matches with large amount of players? IV tended to get pretty choppy in 30 player matches.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Second patch seems to have completely fixed my stuttering problem when framerate changes. I really didn't expect this game to end up running this well. While it's a shame to have to use Normal textures thanks to my 2GB card, being able to set pretty much everything else on Very High including 4xTXAA and still have a smooth 40-50 fps is really surprising. I was worried about my cpu because it's slightly slower than recommended but V is actually significantly lighter on it than IV.
How's the online performance compared to single player? Any of you tested it in matches with large amount of players? IV tended to get pretty choppy in 30 player matches.

Most my settings are on very high except shadows I think, and it runs quite well on my GTX 560 TI, although I do have 16gb worth of memory and i5-2500k/3,30GHz. I gotta applaud Rockstart for optimizing GTA 5 so well. Haven't checked what FPS it runs but I'd say something like 40-60 fps most of the times based on my eyes.

Ivan

Arcane
it's saturday bros. If anyone wants to do any heists, post a message here and we'll coordinate.

bonescraper

Time for a more prestigious emblem. I made this:

29oq0pi.jpg

Also, change our team colors to something more prestigious pls.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Does anyone else get random crashes on GTA5? Mine seems to CTD on random occasions.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I will play some later, just need to get some food then I'm ready to rob all the banks.

SoupNazi

I have textures on very high even with a 2GB VRAM - i think "pedestrian variety" or something like that, if lowered to a minimum, frees up A LOT of graphics memory. And I didn't really notice the peds looking the same or anything.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Does anyone else get random crashes on GTA5? Mine seems to CTD on random occasions.
I've been getting a lot of ctds with a message like "D3D_INIT_FAIL" or something like that. One guy on the net suggested turning off tesselation and vsync, and I haven't had any crashes since then. Only played for a couple of hours since though, so could just be luck.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Gonna try to turn off anti-virus software when I'm playing next time, they have apparently caused crashes on some people.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Also, let me know if you guys are gonna do a heist in GTA Online.

Szioul

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria Pathfinder: Wrath
I started to crash everytime I switched characters after destroying the garbage truck in the Blitz Play mission. Got past that by killing Franklin 3 times in a row when getting rid of the garbage truck, but it kept crashing when switching outside missions as well. It seems to be something connected to offline mode, since it doesn't happen if I log in online. Only when in offline mode. Won't help anyone with a pirated version though.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Sorry for ditching you guys but my game was all kinds of fucked up in online, gotta investigate what's wrong before I'll take part in heists.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Had to reboot the computer before GTA 5 run properly again, looks like it still has some bugs in it. Will try online again tomorrow, but the mouse controls at least for me feels very wonky for multiplayer, like it has mouse acceleration on or something.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
codexian prison break :incline:
:bro: I forgot to take screens dammit. But man, the last mission was awesome. A bit panicky there in the air waiting for you guys. But it looked really cool from up there :)

Btw. I thought stunna was called fivestartuna first :oops:

SoupNazi

Had to reboot the computer before GTA 5 run properly again, looks like it still has some bugs in it. Will try online again tomorrow, but the mouse controls at least for me feels very wonky for multiplayer, like it has mouse acceleration on or something.
Set mouse input to "raw" and disable vsync.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Set mouse input to "raw" and disable vsync.

Found a cuplrit, mdm.exe. After I killed the process gta 5 started to run properly again.

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
ZTqjgmd.png

Had GTA V on PS3, bought it and still play on PS4 and now also bought it for PC because pirating was a hassle.

Yay.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom