Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Squad Tactics Foxhole

Discussion in 'Strategy Gaming' started by Alienman, Aug 5, 2016.

1. Make America Great Again Agesilausgender: ⚧ Arcane

Agesilaus
    Parrots:
    Click here and disable ads!
    I'm not playing this game because I oppose gunpowder weaponry and believe ranged combat is OP

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • You're Fired! You're Fired! x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Make America Great Again Alienmangender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

Alienman
    Parrots:
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
  3. krisgender: ⚧ Arcane

kris
    Parrots:
    Why is this in "strategy games"? Isnt' this a action game?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Make America Great Again Alienmangender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

Alienman
    Parrots:

I got to be part of a tank assault as a gunner for the first game. Tanks are really the stalemate crusher. Though, I'm not sure I agree with the commander that deciding to stay in the fight without shells was the best idea.

Another thing. I wonder how much resources an attack like this ate up. After this assault we haven't had access to mortar shells for ages for an example. Not sure if it's connected or not.

• Informative Informative x 2
    ^ Top  
  5. Make America Great Again Alienmangender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

Alienman
    Parrots:
    MMO-sub forums fits better maybe. Apparently all the maps will be interconnected in the future, so it's gonna get even more "mmo" like.

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Make America Great Again Alienmangender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

Alienman
    Parrots:
    Watched the dev-stream last night and they revealed some nice stuff. New amphibious APC is in the works, boats and sea-transports for vehicles. They also showed a new map that will use these vehicles. 3 small islands, with the factions starting north and south with one island as neutral. Or so I think anyway. Really looking forward to sea battles :)

Pic below:
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

^ Top  
  7. Make America Great Again Alienmangender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

Alienman
    Parrots:
    Sorry to say the game (when playing campaign at least) suffer from some serious team-stacking. The Wardens in the community are seen as the cool guys, which means that every streamer are playing them which lead to everyone and their mother wants to play them. That means that the join queue get messed up since everyone just wait in the team selection instead of picking the lesser cool team. Apparently the devs will fix this with separate queues but if they don't wash away the stigma that the Colonials only consists of newbies and kids the game will end up in rather miserable place.

• decline decline x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Make America Great Again IDtenTgender: ⚧ Contact me for a good time Patron

IDtenT
    Parrots:
    Divinity: Original Sin
    OH FFS. All you need is proper chain of command. Get it done!

• Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Zombragender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

Zombra
    Parrots:
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    God fucking damn it. "Crowd fighting" games with absolutely no team balancing mechanisms in place. Just relying on players to naturally build fair teams out of the goodness of their hearts, because no one likes to join an overwhelmingly stronger team, right? So fucking stupid, this is basic basic basic shit to make this type of game work. Thread unsubscribed, game unwishlisted, words fail me how stupid these devs are. "Just whoever joins, joins! 50 vs 10 will be fun! Get good and recruit more, it'll self-balance!" Uggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Make America Great Again Alienmangender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

Alienman
    Parrots:
    You are being a bit over-dramatic though. It will be fixed and it's not that you can join the team when it's unbalanced like that because it will say that the team you want to join is full. The problem is that you can sit in queue and wait. So when it says 50 vs 70 it means that 20 players are sitting and waiting to join the Wardens instead of joining the Colonials.

Otherwise, the servers that the streamers are not playing on actually has proper balance. On one campaign map the Colonials even won apparently :)

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
    ^ Top  
  11. Jimmiousgender: ⚧ Magister

Jimmious
    Parrots:
    Too late, he unsubscribed from the thread :P

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Make America Great Again Alienmangender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

Alienman
    Parrots:
    :negative:

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Make America Great Again Alienmangender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

Alienman
    Parrots:
    Not sure what you mean, but people join what is most popular. But anyway, sometimes there is a clear chain of command. The devs do have their own discord and have several channels there for people to talk about attack plans, logistics and stuff like that. Wardens usually have the most active channels though.

^ Top  
  14. Jimmiousgender: ⚧ Magister

Jimmious
    Parrots:
    So I joined Alienman and we did a couple of raids together.
    The game is fun.
    But there are so many things going on that often I get lost and just wander around. It gets better though.
    The best part of the game is that its so dynamic that it creates situations that feel really cool. Like just now I shot down two enemies while a teammate was being resurrected next to me, felt gud

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Make America Great Again IDtenTgender: ⚧ Contact me for a good time Patron

IDtenT
    Parrots:
    Divinity: Original Sin
    Proper chain of command implies assignment too. ;)

^ Top  
  16. Make America Great Again Alienmangender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

Alienman
    Parrots:
    The community is a fickle bunch. Now all of sudden the Colonist is the favored faction.
    It seems to swing back and forth though. But you know what fucks up the balance the most? The defeatists actually. The guys that leave their faction because they are "losing". The thing is, you haven't lost until your HQ has been blown up and there is always a way to swing things around, but it seems players nowadays just wanna win. Sad. AND! It's actually fun losing too. Making that last stand and just being a pain in the neck to the attackers. Some things these defeatists are missing out on. Jimmious knows what I'm talking about :)

Anyway. The team released a small update today:
    http://www.foxholegame.com/single-post/2017/08/30/Foxhole-03-Release-Notes

Mines are in. Will only blow up heavier vehicles, like tanks and half-tracks. Can be spotted and disabled by infantry using the wrench.

And now you will be able to do to CPR on a downed soldier, to keep him alive until a medic can get to him. When you get shot the timer counts down 15 seconds until death, but CPR will increase that timer. Cool small mechanic. I'm hoping they will add some way to carry or drag away wounded in the future though.

The 14th September there will be another patch. It will add the amphibious APCs and such.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Make America Great Again Latrogender: ⚧ Arcane

Latro
    Parrots:
    hi

they added a character context menu as well as swimming, anyone still playing this?

^ Top  
  18. Make America Great Again Alienmangender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

Alienman
    Parrots:
    I still play it.

World conquest is supposed to come out the second November. So that will be interesting. The game really needs a pick-me-up at the moment. They made the mistake of releasing the "sea"-maps without proper vehicles to support it. So whenever the campaign rotate to that map it goes into a stalemate. But with the next patch they will add heavy patrol boats and they should be able to clear up beach defenses and such so you can actually land and take over stuff.

Otherwise it's still a great game. It seems the factions have leveled out a bit, more equal now even if Warden seem to still attract the cooler kids. Teamwork is the real joy here, and the random cooperation between players. Still as fun to cry out for moma when you go down and it's still as fun as ever to watch someone else do it :)

Here is the latest devblog:

http://www.foxholegame.com/single-post/2017/10/25/Devblog-31

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Make America Great Again Alienmangender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

Alienman
    Parrots:
    So the patch is out now, but they had to push up world conquest mode to the end of the month. But the new gun-boats are out and finally, separated faction queues! So no more 50-70 and so on.

• Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Jimmiousgender: ⚧ Magister

Jimmious
    Parrots:
    Ok I guess we should murder some people in the weekend

• Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Make America Great Again Alienmangender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

Alienman
    Parrots:
    Yeah, I'm game. Been a while now :)

• Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)