Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Forums are up...

Hm, perhaps I should have waited with registration until 1.01.2012, so Jaesun could call me 2012 newfag.

Which one's the third kanji on your nickname? Like, give me either the On or Kun reading, please.

Also, is there any way now to delete old accounts we no longer use so that they don't help the decline of the server?

Unwanted

Jacqueline

Andhaira
Andhaira
Chinese whatever for horse says google translate. A quick image search for it turns up horsies too.

Black2

Novice
Fucking hell, I forgot my password and email.
DU, can you pm me password to my old account?

MaroonSkein

Augur
Does that mean you're going back to LPing, Kalos? Or should I say Maroon?
Once Vita with its screenshot taking magic comes out in Europe, most likely. You see, all that lurking on GAF changed me a bit, and I abandoned piracy. Most games I actually own are on PS3, making them impossible to LP without buying a 300$ dollar capture card. I have some PC games, but almost all of them are in Russian, so they're a poor choice as well. Right now the plan is to LP Persona 4: The Golden (or whatever they're going to rename it to for an English release), as long as it supports screenshot taking. Yes, I do feel guilty about abandoning that thread.

In the meantime, I'll look into the few English PC games I own and see if some of them can be turned into interesting LPs. I believe I remember Heroes of Might & Magic IV having very good campaigns... Or I could LP the first Witcher (thanks to CDPR for providing every language pack to registered users) and bash it mercilessly for being so much worse than Vagrant Story in every way. There's Planescape: Torment, but I'll die of old age before I finish typing all that text. Decisions, decisions.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
"Online now: 97 (members: 46, guests: 51)"

Yeap, shit's going slow now.

EDIT: Bah colours and font options. :/
Incoming another revamp. Slowdown is minor, still pretty good. Though I wasn't that bothered by old codex slowness, especially with a few threads open, not really that ADD.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Working faster than before, at least so far. And I had to reset my password as well. Missing my old Twilight2000-portrait dearly but I guess I can survive with WH40k combined with Animu-thing.

This facebook shit and like buttons is rather lame, a like buttons requires a dislike one to counterbalance it or else it all turns into a retarded circle jerk.
I'll also take this opportunity to voice that anime/pony avatards should be reason enough for a ban now that we have custom avatars.

Sup bros, Darth Roxor here. I can't log in with my auld password and pressing the 'forget password' thing produces no resetting email. HELP PLZ :(

I'm Darthowicz_Roxorowski on rpgwatch in case you need to confirm my identity.

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
All news topic first posts seem to be showing raw Html?

Also, is there some sort of "code view" for editing post Html directly? Or is only BBCode and Rich Text Editor enabled?

黄小马

Learned
Which one's the third kanji on your nickname? Like, give me either the On or Kun reading, please.

Also, is there any way now to delete old accounts we no longer use so that they don't help the decline of the server?
It's not Kanji, it's Hanzi (chinese characters). 马 means 'horse', 小马 means 'pony'. 黄 is 'yellow', so my nick means 'yellow pony'.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Runs very slowly.

Looks gay.

The site forgot my password.

I didn't save my ToEE pig image anywhere, goddamnit.

Glad to be back!

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Once Vita with its screenshot taking magic comes out in Europe, most likely. You see, all that lurking on GAF changed me a bit, and I abandoned piracy. Most games I actually own are on PS3, making them impossible to LP without buying a 300$ dollar capture card. I have some PC games, but almost all of them are in Russian, so they're a poor choice as well. Right now the plan is to LP Persona 4: The Golden (or whatever they're going to rename it to for an English release), as long as it supports screenshot taking. Yes, I do feel guilty about abandoning that thread.

In the meantime, I'll look into the few English PC games I own and see if some of them can be turned into interesting LPs. I believe I remember Heroes of Might & Magic IV having very good campaigns... Or I could LP the first Witcher (thanks to CDPR for providing every language pack to registered users) and bash it mercilessly for being so much worse than Vagrant Story in every way. There's Planescape: Torment, but I'll die of old age before I finish typing all that text. Decisions, decisions.

Looking forward to it! A Persona 4 LP would be great. An anti-Witcher LP would be cool, too.

DON'T do Planescape. You'd surely get burnt out in the middle of the LP.

CROmagnon

Augur
Hm, perhaps I should have waited with registration until 1.01.2012, so Jaesun could call me 2012 newfag.
I was thinking the same thing, but being a 2011 newfag has a certain prestigious quality about it that just cannot be ignored.

OT
The new forums work silky smooth but are too fucking bright and have no character to them. Is the paint scheme going to be similar to the old one or is this it?

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Runs very slowly.

Looks gay.

The site forgot my password.

I didn't save my ToEE pig image anywhere, goddamnit.

Glad to be back!

MOO_4611_m_Pig.jpg

Avatars are all still there, just need to googel 'dem up.

Gorawala

Educated
It's not Kanji, it's Hanzi (chinese characters). 马 means 'horse', 小马 means 'pony'. 黄 is 'yellow', so my nick means 'yellow pony'.

I know it's a very simple phrase, but do you know for definite that is 100% grammatically correct? How does Chinese grammar work anyways?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom