Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Europa Universalis IV

Discussion in 'Strategy Gaming' started by raw, Aug 10, 2012.

1. LizardWizardgender: ⚧ Savant

LizardWizard
    Parrots:
    Click here and disable ads!
    [​IMG]

Paradox shooting for Maximum Absolutism

• Funny Funny x 10
    • gimme dem dolla bills gimme dem dolla bills x 1
    • butthurt butthurt x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Mortmalgender: ⚧ Arcane

Mortmal
    Parrots:
    Just saw it too, i keep talking about paradox decline how we get more and more expensive dlcs for less and less content but thats a new low....

^ Top  
  3. Make America Great Again Average Manateegender: ⚧ Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Average Manatee
    Parrots:
    That's a great deal, why wouldn't you milk that event? Dip Rep is pretty much useless unless you need to integrate your vassal companies.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Best Deal! Best Deal! x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Lone Wolfgender: ⚧ Arcane

Lone Wolf
    Parrots:
    :lol:

Option 2 every - single - time.

Illusion of choice, brothers.

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. AwesomeButtongender: ⚧ Cut a deal with the authorities Patron

AwesomeButton
    Parrots:
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    It was surprising to see the discounts offered on paradoxplaza are smaller than those in steam store. I finally got a 50% off and bought Rights of Man, while at paradoxplaza it is still only at 33% off. I thought they would want to offer better discounts at their own store where they don't have to pay a fee to valve.

Anyway, now I am waiting for Mandate of Heaven and Third Rome to drop to 50% off, which should be in the autumn. They seem to offer the first 50% discounts (which is what these dlcs are really worth, at most) around 6 months after the "suckers' release" date.

Edit: maybe they flagged the review because they liked the publicity and wanted to disable editing.

^ Top  
  6. Space Satangender: ⚧ Arcane

Space Satan
    Parrots:
    [​IMG]

• Funny x 11
    • gimme dem dolla bills x 1
    • incline x 1
    • decline x 1
    • Despair x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • it is a mystery x 1
    • Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Mark.L.Joygender: ⚧ Learned

Mark.L.Joy
    Parrots:
    Didn't even notice there was a new DLC, bunch of useless gimmick buttons for the Russians, they aren't even trying anymore.

^ Top  
  8. JarlFrankgender: ⚧ I like Thief THIS much Patron

JarlFrank
    Parrots:
    It's fittingly called "Immersion Pack" instead of Expansion, lol

^ Top  
  9. Multiple Sarcasmgender: ⚧ Arcane

Multiple Sarcasm
    Parrots:
    Unsurprisingly, muh immurshuns consists of another mana that allows you to press three magical buttons for instant effects and an ability to exchange religious authority for more instant effects. Herp. For 10€. Derp.

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Make America Great Again Average Manateegender: ⚧ Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Average Manatee
    Parrots:
    So $10 to add bonuses to a single nation that is already very powerful?

I think this is EU4's Horse Armor DLC.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. AwesomeButtongender: ⚧ Cut a deal with the authorities Patron

AwesomeButton
    Parrots:
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    You're right about that. I could hardly believe it when I read about two direct and one indirect bonus they are giving to army morale of Russian armies. I can't believe this thing has been thoroughly tested.

^ Top  
  12. Make America Great Again Irenaeusgender: ⚧ Self-Ejected Patron Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy

Self-Ejected
    Parrots:
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
    Installed meow & taxes 2 yesterday. Haven't played since the first or second expansion 5 years ago. This should be fun.

• Salute Salute x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. MadMaxHellfiregender: ⚧ Magister

MadMaxHellfire
    Parrots:
    perhaps you should try vanilla first then. lots have been changed, even more added to the game.

^ Top  
  14. Make America Great Again Irenaeusgender: ⚧ Self-Ejected Patron Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy

Self-Ejected
    Parrots:
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
    That's not a bad idea. The whole estates and the way buildings work now confused the hell out of me.

^ Top  
  15. Make America Great Again Average Manateegender: ⚧ Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Average Manatee
    Parrots:
    Hows M&T 2? Heard a lot of hype about how it changes basically everything, most notably the pops stuff.

• incline incline x 1
    • meh meh x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. McPluslegender: ⚧ Novice

McPlusle
    Parrots:
    I was thinking of going back to EU4 (haven't played regularly in at least two years) but after all this DLC shit I'm thinking about just playing III since I already have everything for that.

^ Top  
  17. Andnjordgender: ⚧ Cipher

Andnjord
    Parrots:
    Estates and buildings are completely different in M&T 2 than in Vanilla, so that wouldn't help you much. Buildings in M&t 2 are complete, but as far as I'm aware Estates still require a lot of work for the modding team to consider them 'finished'. Loyalty events are placeholder, civil wars aren't in (other than the crappy vanilla one).

Depends what you're looking for. If you're more into the number-crunching, power-gaming aspect you'll prefer vanilla. If simulation is more your cup of tea then you'l prefer M&T 2, I know I do.

DLC wise you might want to grab Common Sense and Cossack. While you don't need them to play M&T (they're not using any of the features), the modding team have hijacked the interfaces from those those DLCs to display their own features in much clearer ways.

^ Top  
  18. AwesomeButtongender: ⚧ Cut a deal with the authorities Patron

AwesomeButton
    Parrots:
    M&T 2 is still number crunching though. Not a lot of simulation going on, no important events occurring at their historic dates. It's still pretty rough, and will probably never be finished.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Make America Great Again Irenaeusgender: ⚧ Self-Ejected Patron Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy

Self-Ejected
    Parrots:
    • incline incline x 3
    • decline decline x 1
    • Racist Racist x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Make America Great Again Irenaeusgender: ⚧ Self-Ejected Patron Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy

Self-Ejected
    Parrots:
    This bullshit also needs to go:

[​IMG]

I may need to mod this out myself.

• retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Hoaxmetalgender: ⚧ Arcane

Hoaxmetal
    Parrots:
    Dat institutionalized oppression :shredder:

^ Top  
  22. AwesomeButtongender: ⚧ Cut a deal with the authorities Patron

AwesomeButton
    Parrots:
    • Funny Funny x 3
    ^ Top  
  23. fantadomatgender: ⚧ Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Edgy

fantadomat
    Parrots:
    Soon we will be able to spread the kebab fate more efficiently,after all they are the cradle of civilization!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Racist Racist x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)