Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX Pre-Release Thread

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
You can preorder a boxed version for €33 in Poland (with a bandana as a pre-order bonus - lol). I have not preordered a game (ignoring Kickstarter) since Diablo 3, but this one is strangely tempting.

Let the light of ELEX into your heart, pre-order it now.

Zlaja

Arcane
1xh42a.jpg

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
So if you can kill anyone, does it mean you can destroy all factions and become king of Magalan ?

Seeker
In My Safe Space
Even the paper is illustrious and polished, signs of a great game. You can use the art book to tell stories to your wife's kids. The ample amount of disks makes them useful as Frisbees for your pet. The map can be glued on your second monitor so you know where you are while you play. I rate this collector's edition 10 out of Elex

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
10% off preorders is also increasingly a market standard, you moron

No, not really. You don't see pre-order discounts on games that will be hits (regardless of how the Codex feels about them). Look at WWE, any new Bethesda game, Destiny 2, etc.

Also, it is clear that many of you don't understand how pricing/publishing works. Digital storefronts are usually the ones that decide if a game is going to be discounted, not the publisher -- within boundaries set by the publisher/distributor during the contract phase. In other words, the distributor can say "We reserve the right to offer the game XYZ discount for n days, or until blah blah blah." This is totally normal.

If you go to Steam and the PS store, the game is 10% off. If you visit the XBox store, it is full price. That, right there, tells you that the publisher is not controlling the discount.

Rather, what has likely happened is that PS and Steam have looked at the game and the early reviews (in fact, have no doubt already played it themselves), and have said "Well, this looks like it is going to be shit, let's get what we can out of the gate!"

Decado

Patron
Codex 2014
The Nordic guys are cool, I hope for their sake this game is successful. But, I also hope several Codex posters are terribly disappointed and have to eat shit. I am torn on this one.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
careful guys we've got a badass who knows his xbox and ps store here

I love being lectured on how the business side of this industry works by neckbearded Eurotrash and angry shitposters.

careful guys we've got an actual badass over here
You mean colonial. It is amusing how the biggest trash from Europa went to the new lands,and a now they call us "eurotrash". Judging by the Ozzies that i have met, american colonists are beneath criminals.

Last edited:

Decado

Patron
Codex 2014
careful guys we've got a badass who knows his xbox and ps store here

I love being lectured on how the business side of this industry works by neckbearded Eurotrash and angry shitposters.

careful guys we've got an actual badass over here
You mean colonial. It is amusing how the biggest trash from Europa went to the new lands,and a now they call us "eurotrash". Judging by the Ozzies that i have met, american colonist are beneath criminals.

I agree, it is kind of a amazing how a bunch of cast-offs and indentured servants were able to build a superpower, meanwhile Bulgaria has one of the lowest per-capita incomes in the whole fucking EU. I'm sure there's no jealousy there, nosiree. Anyway, you don't have to respond, I know you are probably on an hourly rate at your local internet cafe.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom