Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeon Siege - How the hell was this ever popular?

nikolokolus

Arcane
The only positive I can really remember about Dungeon Siege is that I was sort of impressed by a the seamless transitions between outdoor environments and indoor . . . *Thinks* . . . Yup, that's all I can think of.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Dungeon Siege III should never have been in the same series seeing as how it's completely different, but it is a pretty fun action-game (with some minor RPG bits). Way more fun than the first two if you ask me.
Just kidding, right? Right?

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Yeah, it was a pretty sweet game. Diablo-ing taken to the extreme. felipepepe how did you make it work on modern Windows?

Renevent

Cipher
Man, I might have to bust out the old Dungeon Siege CD's after this thread...been a long time since I've played through it.

Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
Dungeon Siege is one of the first games where I said "This is stupid" when I was little.

Game is objectively terrible in just about every way. It was only carried by Jeremy Soule's music and technical trickery that wooed the press.

Last edited:

Kz3r0

Arcane
After so many people confessed to like to play screen savers bashing Bethesda and Bioware becomes a very tall task.

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
dungeon siege is great, fuck you :dance:

Not sure if joking (prior history suggests you are, but tentative brofist just in case), but I liked it as well! It was a fun little romp with lots of exciting loot in many disparate levels.

Now Dungeon Siege 2, that was boring as hell. Don't ask me why since it was essentially the same game and most people seem to prefer it. I wanted to like DS3, but ended up playing that the least of all three. I could no longer at that point continue to kid myself that I was having 'fun'.

felipepepe - why so many provocational posts lately? Are you trying to stir the pot?

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I enjoyed this game a lot back in the day. I was a teen, new to the RPG genre, and impressed by the graphics.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Younger me found it boring, I think I gave up around a snow village or something. I remember fooling in the mp by myself, you can be a skeleton! Did anyone ever play it with other people?

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Because it was streamlined game with automated character developement and gameplay, that need little to no player involvement.
Thing is - it was almost two decades ago, when things like this were new concept (or not that popular/mandatory) like these days or last few years.
Yeah, it sounds cool and whatnot, enough time to get high notes.

I mostly played games that required either outsmarting enemies or high reflex (sometimes both) so getting something mindless was new for me. And since my PC get old p.fast with no infor of better games (time with no internet, sigh) I got only thing to play. Pity that Morrowind run like ass on my brick fueled Win98 infested garbage machine.

Still not as bad as Space Siege. Good god...
And Dungeon Siege: Throne of Agony on PSP was a first DungSiege that contained actual gameplay. Yeah, I played it, finished. Only game on that handheld that I managed to finish (because it wasn't tactical RPG which need 100h to finish).

PS. don't do same mistake and don't use Combat Magic. It suxxx.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
I think it just had a lot of marketing that got non-RPG people to try it, even here in the mall there were stations with huge cardboard cutout of the cover chick and a PC with the game playing. I had never seen anything like that before outside of a game rental/store.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Fucking terrible game(s).

Dungeon Siege III should never have been in the same series seeing as how it's completely different, but it is a pretty fun action-game (with some minor RPG bits). Way more fun than the first two if you ask me.
IDgaujO.png

T0r9YDR.png

:slamdunk:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom