Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dominions 4 pbem: The Chronicles of Bogarus

Do you miss the stupid combat warcries of regular soldiers, like it used to be in Helheim LP?

• Yes, I need them back. Keep it stupid and funny!

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • No, it's sirius-ass roleplaying game. I'm fine with the way it is.

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • TSAR KOMRADE KOMMISSAR

Votes: 12 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
And as for Hoverdogoff - should he be sentenced to death, Artemy will be willing to absolve him of his sins, under one conditition: he has to solemnly repent and pronounce Elizabeth Bathory as his Goddess. Publicly, of course.

Since I'm running out of time, I had to submit my turn without hoverdog or Joined on the 4th of July responses. I'll just go ahead and decide for them this time.

Andnjord

Arcane
Do you think you could post map on the OP? It's a bit hard sometimes to hunt through an update to find where each province is.

Also someone before posted a poor rendition of the Night on a Bare Mountain. Here is a better one:

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Do you think you could post map on the OP? It's a bit hard sometimes to hunt through an update to find where each province is.

The national borders are constantly shifting in Dominions, so it might be painful to keep it updating every turn, not to mention the intel it provides for potential enemies. I posted a map without any details, if anybody wants reference regarding province names.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Failure will not be tolerated!
You don't want Bu'ti to join a certain list containing a certain Pigeon God, do you?

Naah, I'll beat TC with allies help, and after that will probably end dis game by passing my nation to whoever helps to put the evil bitch out of her misery. Maybe do one final epic battle featuring everybody who's AGAINST this decision - we'll see. This pbem was not what I expected, to put it mildly, so I'd rather end it after the war is over, rather then suffer to the end.

Anyway, you can support yer old drunkard buddy in his struggle against evil Lizzord! No rp there, just pure skill and competitiveness. I'll post reports and stuff, it should be interesting. If you wish to offer support, open the thread and post any of these:
- LIZZURD GO HOME
- РАМОНА - ДИВАННЫЙ КУКАРЕТИК
- GRIMWOLF STRONK

Dayyālu

Arcane
This pbem was not what I expected, to put it mildly, so I'd rather end it after the war is over, rather then suffer to the end.

Uhm. I'll have to admit that the RP done by most other in-game players is kind of subpar ('dexers here are more active, funnily enough) , and without seeing the inside of the game I don't get the overall situation, but why is that so? It's becoming a chore?

And someone should explain me where this peculiar ossession with Lizards began with Lizzurd. He should see our NationGen game, where pretty much everyone is a lizard or can recruit 'em.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
and without seeing the inside of the game I don't get the overall situation, but why is that so? It's becoming a chore?

It's kinda a long story. Last time I played rp game was back in Dom3. We had a conference with rp-only condition, smth like fantasy version of UN, where people were constantly discussing all matters of stuff. It was SO FUCKING DIFFERENT from normal pbem, I can't begin to describe. Nobody did what players usually do. There were almost no wars; provinces and resources were mostly passed by some sort of agreements or threats; most conflicts were solved by champion duels, etc. The experience was pretty insane, and the game dragged to (gods, where is my memory?) 130+ turns, I think? Yet nobody really minded, micro was soft due to absence of wars. We just lived a life there, doing stupid things gameplay-wise, but making hardcore diplo and rp while at it. I think I had logs of those conferences saved somewhere, but they won't make much sense without private convos and other stuff. Also, the game was ended by DIPLOMATIC VICTORY, kek.

I remembered one player from there, who was partly insane in a good way. He was the only one who roleplayed his politicians. He had a fucking TON of them, all with their own views, and he pretty much destroyed his own nation without anybody else's help. It was pure fun to watch him, though. So I kept this memory warm in muh heart, hoping to repeat his incredibru rp one day in my own fashion.

So, you know. I stumbled across this "rp-centric" pbem, kinda prepared for heavy diplo and stuff, taken Bogarus without awaken expander (which is suicide on it's own), but hey - who the fuck would rush in rp game, right? People talk things. And then I got this mad berserker starting right next to my cap with W9, attacking on turn 5 because "FUN DIPLO LUL". Jesas. I played along for some time, coz it was mostly fun while other players posted stuff. I like threads of Ulm, Midgard and Pythium, and hand-drawn stuff of Pangaea too. But I feel like I'm the only one who's not a try-hard here. Both my Prophet and Eparch (H3 casters) were doing nothing for several turns, coz the PLOT was demanding them to be imprisoned. I recruited stuff that nobody ever uses (Skoptsy, Knyaz, another Veliky Knyaz) coz my followers wanted to play them. But time passess, retarded war drags on, people post less and less, some people don't post at all (Jomon, Gath, Arcos). Some people would be better off without posting anything (TC).

So now I got a feeling like I'm CHALLENGED, like dis is actually a competetive game, where you just need to rp your decisions, but make the decisions themselves adequate. In other words, you play like you usually play, but also add some storyfag explanations. WELL THEN, I got it all wrong from the start, and now I'd rather leave this pahty. My autism demands somthing different.

But it's not gonna happen anytime soon, definitely not before TC dies off. You know me - I have a hard time forgiving stuff.

And someone should explain me where this peculiar ossession with Lizards began with Lizzurd. He should see our NationGen game, where pretty much everyone is a lizard or can recruit 'em.

Lizzurd's fav nation was C'tis during old days. He played it a lot. Ситис (С'tis) is his nick in rus community. So I transformed it into Lizzurd and forced to register on 'Dex. Now you will all suffer what I suffered, GWA HA HA

Last edited:

PocketMine

Savant
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Anyway, you can support yer old drunkard buddy in his struggle against evil Lizzord! No rp there, just pure skill and competitiveness. I'll post reports and stuff, it should be interesting. If you wish to offer support, open the thread and post any of these:
- LIZZURD GO HOME
- РАМОНА - ДИВАННЫЙ КУКАРЕТИК
- GRIMWOLF STRONK

Thanks wasnt aware of that thread. :avatard:

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
You know what? I would gladly sign up for such a RP game, probably playin' one of the legion factions mafia style or undeads rocky horror or even as a no-bullshit all-devouring horror from the void, depending on the mood.
Knowing how much the codex loves drama, MAD SHOP SKILLZ and chances to call each other names, I'd say it could work.

Anyway, sad news. I was really enjoing this!

sqeecoo

Arcane
Very sad news, yeah :( But an understandable decision. Too bad, this was completely awesome and promised to get even better in the future.

Jester

Arbiter
Yeah shame. This thread is interesting, but as I said players fun is most important in every game.

I kind of think mby actual bunch of dum... emm spectators helped to push this in less strategy heavy direction. Something like this i would say:

"I remembered one player from there, who was partly insane in a good way. He was the only one who roleplayed his politicians. He had a fucking TON of them, all with their own views, and he pretty much destroyed his own nation without anybody else's help."

So you kind of ended as that guy in this game.

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Well, I would be personally interested in the kind of game you described Grimwulf. If it doesn't work out at all with those guys, maybe we can find enough codexers to make our own full RP game? It could be a smallish game with like 5,6 pretenders (and why not disciples) focused on the one you'd make a LP of.

JagreenLern

Erudite
Patron
MCA Project: Eternity
Well, I would be personally interested in the kind of game you described Grimwulf. If it doesn't work out at all with those guys, maybe we can find enough codexers to make our own full RP game? It could be a smallish game with like 5,6 pretenders (and why not disciples) focused on the one you'd make a LP of.
Sounds cool. I'd definitely be up for an RP-centric game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom